39924768. Raphe de Valletort & 39924769. Joan of CornwallRaphe born in England, s/o §Roger de Valletort.
~1135, Joan born in England, d/o 79849538. Reginald de Dunstanville & 79849539. Mabel FitzRichard.
12/19/1154, Henry II crowned king of England.
Aft. 1162, Raphe’s father died.
1164, Radulph de Valletort succeeded his father.
1164-5, Radulph made a payment to the sheriff of Devon.
1165, Raphe de Valle Torta held fees in Devon.
1166, The honour of Trematon, consisting of 59 small fees in Devonshire and Cornwall, with the lordships of Sutton, Maker and Kingstamerton, held by Radulfus de Valletort, all of the Earl of Cornwall. (S) Report & Transactions – Devonshire, V38, 1906, P344. [Ralf also held one knight’s fee in chief.]
1168, Raphe Vautort, Lord of Trematon, living.
1171, ‘Devonesira. Radulfus de Valle Torta, xxs’. (S) Red Book of the Exchequer, Pt1, 1896, P56.
1171-2, Raphe died.
(S) Tristram Risdom, 1897, P73. (S) Virginia Cousins, Goode, 1887, P460.
· The name signifies “the curved valley”. (S) Patronymica Britannica, Lower, 1860, P363.
· 1086, Reginald de Valletort held the honour of Trematon.
· 1162, Roger de Valletot paid scutage.
· 7/1/1175, Joan’s father, Reginald, 1st Earl of Cornwall [‘Reginaldus filius Regis, Comes Cornubiae’] died. His residence was at Trematon in Cornwall.
· 1270, Roger de Valletort sold Trematon castle and manor to Richard, Earl of Cornwall.