79959842. Richard Fitz Urse & 79959843. Maud de Boulers
Friday, June 29, 2012
G27: 79959842. FitzUrse-Boulers
79959842. Richard Fitz Urse & 79959843. Maud de Boulers
Richard born, s/o §Ralf fitz Urse.
By 1097, Richard’s father died.
~1110, Maud born in England, d/o §Baldwin de Boulers & Sybil de Falaise.
1128, Richard fitz Urse witnessed a charter of King Henry I.
1130, Richard held lands in Wiltshire, Oxfordshire, Kent, Surrey, Essex, Northamptonshire, and Buckinghamshire.
1130-1 at Rouen, Richard Fitz-Urse attested a royal notification of the tithes of venison of the forest of Fecamp having been adjudged to Roger, abbot of Fecamp. (S) English Historical Review, V34, P558.
Bef. 6/1133 in Normandy, Richard Fitz-Urse attested a royal notification of a land exchange between Roger, abbot of Fecamp, and Nigel fitz-William, nephew of Robert, earl of Gloucester. (S) English Historical Review, V34, P558.
12/2/1135, King Henry I died; having designated his daughter Empress Matilda as his heir.
12/22/1135, Stephen crowned king of England.
1135, Richard fitz Urse witnessed a charter of King Stephen to Geoffrey de Mandeville. (S) Sinclairs of England, 1887, P161.
1137-54, Richard fitz Urse attested 10 of King Stephen’s documents.
9/30/1139, Empress Matilda invaded England, landing at Arundel in Sussex, and them proceeding to Bristol.
1140 at Stamford, Attending King Stephen’s court: Ranulf, earl of Chester; Gilbert, earl of Pembroke; Earl Simon; Roger, earl of Warwick; Earl Robert de Ferrers; … Richard de Camville; Richard Fitz Urse; Eustace fitz John; … Hugh Wake; … (S) King Stephen, King, 2011 [Note 12.]
2/2/1141, Richard Fitz-Urse, “brilliant in giving and receiving blows”, with King Stephen at the battle of Lincoln, where both were captured. (S) Chronicle of Henry of Huntingdon, 1853, P280.
4/7/1141 at Winchester, Empress Matilda acknowledged as “Lady of England and Normandy” by Bishop Henry.
6/23/1141, Matilda’s forces expelled from London by the citizens and an army of Queen Matilda, wife of King Stephen.
9/14/1141, Matilda’s brother Robert was captured.
11/1/1141, Matilda exchanged King Stephen for Robert.
12/25/1141, Stephen again crowned King. Richard Fitz-Urse was present at the Christmas court. [The civil war would continue for 12 more years.]
4/1142, Richard Fitz-Urse at King Stephen’s Easter court.
1145, King Stephen defeated Matilda’s forces at the battle of Faringdon.
1148, Empress Matilda returned to Normandy, never return to England.
10/25/1154, King Stephen died.
12/19/1154, Matilda’s son Henry crowned King Henry II of England.
1154, Reginald fitz Urse in receipt of land from the royal demesne in Essex. (S) Bishcofsmord Im Mittelater, Frude, 2003, P220.
12/19/1154, Henry II crowned king of England.
By 1158, Richard died.
(S) Antiquities of Shropshire, Vs11-12. (S) The Historian, V35, 1972.
· Richard fitz Urse married 1st the widow of Richard Engaine of Pytchley.
· 1102, The castle of Montgomery in Powys taken from rebel Robert de Beleme and given to Baldwin.
· 1105, Baldwin, of Normandy, came to England.
· 1121, Baldwin de Bollers witnessed King Henry I’s charter to Shrewsbury abbey.
· Sybil de Falaise related to King Henry I.
· 4/1241, From a plea: Vitalis Engayne and Roger Gernet both claim the honor of Montgomery as descendents of the first wife of Baldwin de Bullers … Vitalis s/o Richard, s/o Margaret fitz Urse, d/o Richard fitz Urse & Matilda de Bollers, d/o Baldwin de Bollers, to whom Henry I gave the Honor of Montgomery with Sebilla de la Maleyse, relation of the King. (S) Collections for a History of Staffordshire, V4, 1883, P91. [Roger s/o Reginald, s/o Mabilla.]
Children of Richard and Matilda:
i. Reginald fitz Urse, born ? on England.
1158, Reginald pardoned a quota in Somersetshire, Essex, and Northamptonshire.
Reginald married Beatrice, d/o Geoffrey de Limesey.
1165, Reginald held 3+ knights’ fees in Northamptonshire.
12/29/1170, Reginald involved in the death of archbishop Becket.
[1214, Reginald’s only grandchild William de Courtenay died without issue.]
ii. Margery Fitz Urse (39979921), born 1135 in England.
iii. Mabilla Fitz Urse (94537232), born ~? in England.
Child of Mabilla: Reginald Gernet (47268616)
Bef. 1220, Reginald died. (S) Lancashire Inquests, Extents, and Feudal Aids, Farrer, 1903, P188.
i. Roger Gernet (23634308), born ~1195 in England.
ii. William Gernet, born in England.
William married Cecily de Mascy.
Bef. 1234, William died; his brother Roger his heir.
- ► 2013 (212)
- G27: 79959842. FitzUrse-Boulers
- G27: 79959638. Newmarch-Griffin
- G27: 79959636. Gloucester
- G27: 79959632 FitzHerbert-Corbet
- G27: 79959620. Galfrid FitzPayn
- G27: 79959492. Beaumont-FitzRoy
- G27: 79959356 Salisbury-Talvas-Warenne
- G27: 79959330. FitzHarding
- G27: 79959328. FitzOtes
- G27: 79959090. Beauchamp-d'Abitot
- G27: 79959088. Marmion & Camville
- G27: 79959034. Beaumont-Montfort
- G27: 79959022 Brittany-Huntingdon-Bohun
- G27: 79958974. Sable
- G27: 79958922. Madog ap Maredudd
- 79958920. Owain Gwynedd ap Gruffydd
- G27: 79958560. Veteri Ponte
- G27: 79958472. Stuteville
- G27: 79958530. Tony-Northumberland
- G27: 79958528 FitzPons-Gloucester
- G27: 79958466. Humet
- G27: 79958182. Glanville
- G27: 79958176. Valognes
- G27: 79958120. FitzRichard-Mandeville
- G27: 79958114. FitzRobert-Beaumont
- G27: 79958112 Clare-Hillary-D'Aubigny
- G27: 79958030. Huntingdon-Blundeville
- G27: 79958028 Galloway-Moreville
- G27: 79958026. Beaumont-Grandmesnil
- G27: 79958024 Quincy-Mar
- G27: 79958022 Montfort-Beaumont
- G27: 79958020 Meschines-FitzRobert
- G27: 79958018. Breuse
- G27: 79958016. Ferrers-Peverel
- G27: 79849866. Gloucester
- G27: 79849850. Cornhill-Curci
- G27: 79849664. Lovel
- G27: 79849538. Dunstanville-Cornwall-FitzRichard
- G27: 79638586. Tony
- G27: 79638584. le Bigod
- G27: NR:67547554. Bourdon
- G27: 67547552. Vere-Basset
- G27: 67547150. Limesi
- G27: 67547142. Malet
- ▼ June (44)
- ► 2011 (538)
- ► 2010 (1664)