Sunday, July 8, 2012
G27: 94555156 King Sancho III of Castile
~1135, Blanca born in Navarre, d/o §Garcia VII Ramirez of Navarre & Marguerite de l’Aigle.
4/25/1144 at Salamanca, Charter of Alfonso VII, Berengaria, and son Sancho to the Cathedral Salmanca.
12/25/1147 at Toledo, Charter of Alfonso VII, Berengaria, and sons Sancho and Fernando to the monastery of Sar.
1149, Sancho, “the beloved”, King of Najera.
12/15/1149, Charter of Alfonso VII and Sancho, king, to the inhabitants of Toledo.
Aft. 1149, Sancho’s mother died.
11/21/1150, Blancas’s father died.
2/4/1151 at Najera, Charter of Alfonso VII and Sancho, king, to the monastery of Santa Maria de Najera.
1151, Sancho married Blanca.
3/2/1152, Sancho [apparently knighted], “armed” at Valladolid.
1/22/1153 at Najera, Sancho III issued a charter to Pedro Martinez.
10/12/1153 at Sahagun, Alfonso VII, Rica, and Sancho and Fernando, sons, issued a charter to the monastery of Sahagun.
1/14/1154 at Soria, Sancho III and Blanca issued a charter to the Cathedral of Osma.
1/28/1155, ‘Adefonsus Imperator Hispaniæ . ..cum uxore mea Imperatrice Domina Rica et cum filiis meis Sancio et Ferrando Regibus’ donated property to the bishop of Segovia. (S) FMG.
12/28/1155 at Palencia, Alfonso VII, Rica, and Sancho and Fernando, kings, issued a charter to the monastery of Stant Maria de Varzana.
8/12/1156, Dona Blanca died. [Blanca's original burial was in a cave that formed the royal pantheon of the Navarrese kings adjoining the church of Santa Maria la Real in Najera.]
8/21/1157, Sancho’s father, Emperor of all the Spains, died.
1157, Sancho, King of Castile and Toledo.
1/1158 at Almazan, Sancho issued a charter giving Calatrava to abbot Raimundo of Fitero. (S) Social Origins of Medieval Institutions, O’Callaghan, 1998, P100.
5/1158, Brothers Sancho III and Fernando II met at Sahagun and decided that when Portugal was conquered Fernando would divide the lands in half and Sancho would get to choose the half he wanted.
7/1158, Sancho, age 24, King of Toledo, died; buried at Toledo.
(S) The Kingdom of Leon-Castilla Under King Alfonso VII, Reilly, 1998.
· Blanca sister of 94555186. King Sancho VI of Navarre.
· Garcia VII Ramirez of Navarre, “the Restorer”.
· 5/1135 at the church of Santa Maria in Leon, Alfonso VII crowned Emperor of all of Spain. Alfonso awarded Garces Ramior the village of Varea for holding his shield during the coronation.
· 9/1135, Alfonso VII granted Zaragoza to Garcia as a fief.
· 1136, Garcia recognized as King of Zaragoza.
· 1137, Garcia surrendered Zaragoza to Raymond Berengar.
Child of Sancho and Blance:
- ► 2013 (212)
- G27: 94561604 Polstead-Chandos
- G27: 94559174 Marshall-Clare
- G27: 94559172 Breuse-Briwere
- G27: 94559170 D’Issoudun-Hasting
- G27: 94559168 Bohun-Mandeville
- G27: 94559154 Ferte-Briwere
- G27: 94559150 Philip of Swabia, King of Germany
- G27: 94559128 Vere-Bolebec
- G27: 94559120 Plantagenet-Warren
- G27: 94559106 Botiller-Verdun
- G27: 94559104 FitzAlan-Albini
- G27: 94556042 Gant
- G27: 94556040 Armenters
- G27: 94555976 Basset-Dunstanville
- G27: 94555248 King Philip II Augustus
- G27: 94555228 Dreux-Baudemont
- G27: 94555224 Bar-Blois
- G27: 94555214 Alsace-Boulogne
- G27: 94555208 Holland-Huntingdon
- G27: 94555204 Hainault-Flanders
- G27: 94555186 King Sancho VI of Navarre
- G27: 94555184 Henry the Liberal-Marie of France
- G27: 94555182 Courtenay-Flanders
- G27: 94555164 Montgomerie-Anselme
- G27: 94555156 King Sancho III of Castile
- G27: 94555144 King Alfonso II of Aragon
- G27: 94555142 Courtenay-Courtenay
- G27: 94555138. Duke Guillaume X of Aquitaine
- G27: 94555136 GeoffreyPlantagenet & Empress Matild...
- G27: 94537778 Sackville
- G27: Bulmer
- G27: 94499124. Hugh de Lusignan
- G27: 81276928 Malet-Kitemore
- G27: 80007788 Dammartin-St. Clair
- G27: 80007784 Gournay-Warren
- G27: 79958684. Lucy-Boulogne
- G26: 39979342. Lucy
- ▼ July (37)
- ► 2011 (538)
- ► 2010 (1664)