94536966. Lord Bertram de Bulmer
Wednesday, July 4, 2012
94536966. Lord Bertram de Bulmer
~1105, Bertram born in England, eldest s/o §Asketil.
9/1128-9/1130, Bertram sheriff of Leciester and Warwick. (S) English Historical Review, V37, 1922, P78.
Aft. 1131, Bertram’s father died.
12/22/1135, Stephen crowned king of England.
1140, Bertram sheriff of Yorkshire, built the castle of Hotune. (S) Di Nova Villa, Swallow, 1885, P254.
9/1144, Bertram de Bulmer, Gregory de Conyers and Geoffrey Escolland overwhelmed the forces of William Cumin [chancellor to King David of Scotland] at Merrington. [Cumin wanted to be named bishop of Durham.] (S) William Cumin, Young, 1978, P24.
10/1144, Bertram de Bulmer witnessed a charter of William de St. Barbe, bishop of Durham.
By 1154, Bertram founded the Augustinian priory at Marton in the forest of Galtres, the first in Yorkshire for both men and women. (S) Monastic Order in Yorkshire, Burton, 2006, P129.
10/25/1154, King Stephen died.
12/19/1154, Henry II crowned king of England.
9/1155, Bertram de Bulmer held the office of sheriff of Yorkshire. (S) Knaresburgh and Its Rulers, Wheater, 1907, P28. [Bertram built the castle ‘Sheriff-Hutton’.]
9/1158, The Sheriff of Yorkshire [Bertram] charges – In camera curiae Radulfo filio Stephani £18 18s.
1160, Bertram de Bulmer, sheriff, amerced for £200. (S) Restoration and Reform, White, 2000, P96.
1160, Bertram of Bulmer owed £14 6s 8d arising out of pleas held in the county [Yorkshire] by royal justice. (S) Henry II, Warren, 1973, P270.
1161-62, Bertram de Bulmer and Ralph Basset sheriffs of Leciester and Warwick. (S) Supplementary Volume to Leicester Views, Throsby, 1790, P521.
1162, Bertram built the tower at the castle of Raby. (S) Stately Homes of England, Jewitt, 1874, P255.
6/1163 at Yorkshire, Bertram de Bulmer, r.c. etc. Et Rudulpho filio Stephani et Willielmo d Ostilli 100 marcas per breve Regis.
9/1163, Bertram gave up the office of sheriff, succeeded by Ranulf de Glanville.
1165, Carta Bertram’ de Bulmer:- … Radulfus de Wilton, feod. dim. militis tempore … (S) Cartularium Abbathiae de Whiteby, 1879, P184.
1165-6, Bertram, Lord of Brancepeth and Sheriff Hutton, Durham, died; his son William, a minor, succeeding.
(S) Saxon Survivors?, Davison, 2007. (S) Battle Abbey Roll, 1889, P278ff. (S) Court, Household, and Itinerary of King Henry II, Eyton, 1878.
· 1164, Bertram of Bulmer owes £9 6s 8d concerning the old pleas of William fitz John; but he is dead. (S) Henry II, Warren, 1973, P270.
· Bertram de Bulmer had a nephew of the same name, s/o his brother Anchitel, seated at Wilton in Cleveland.
Children of Bertram and ?:
i. Emma Bulmer (47268483), born ~1145 in England.
ii. William de Bulmer, born ? in England.
1166, William succeeded his father.
1176, William died; his sister Emma his heir.
- ► 2013 (212)
- G27: 94561604 Polstead-Chandos
- G27: 94559174 Marshall-Clare
- G27: 94559172 Breuse-Briwere
- G27: 94559170 D’Issoudun-Hasting
- G27: 94559168 Bohun-Mandeville
- G27: 94559154 Ferte-Briwere
- G27: 94559150 Philip of Swabia, King of Germany
- G27: 94559128 Vere-Bolebec
- G27: 94559120 Plantagenet-Warren
- G27: 94559106 Botiller-Verdun
- G27: 94559104 FitzAlan-Albini
- G27: 94556042 Gant
- G27: 94556040 Armenters
- G27: 94555976 Basset-Dunstanville
- G27: 94555248 King Philip II Augustus
- G27: 94555228 Dreux-Baudemont
- G27: 94555224 Bar-Blois
- G27: 94555214 Alsace-Boulogne
- G27: 94555208 Holland-Huntingdon
- G27: 94555204 Hainault-Flanders
- G27: 94555186 King Sancho VI of Navarre
- G27: 94555184 Henry the Liberal-Marie of France
- G27: 94555182 Courtenay-Flanders
- G27: 94555164 Montgomerie-Anselme
- G27: 94555156 King Sancho III of Castile
- G27: 94555144 King Alfonso II of Aragon
- G27: 94555142 Courtenay-Courtenay
- G27: 94555138. Duke Guillaume X of Aquitaine
- G27: 94555136 GeoffreyPlantagenet & Empress Matild...
- G27: 94537778 Sackville
- G27: Bulmer
- G27: 94499124. Hugh de Lusignan
- G27: 81276928 Malet-Kitemore
- G27: 80007788 Dammartin-St. Clair
- G27: 80007784 Gournay-Warren
- G27: 79958684. Lucy-Boulogne
- G26: 39979342. Lucy
- ▼ July (37)
- ► 2011 (538)
- ► 2010 (1664)