Wednesday, August 22, 2012
G27: 94560768 John de Gray
John de Gray the Elder of Eaton in Norfolk, s/o Anschetil de Grey.
1198, John de Gray died at Standlake.
· A nephew, John de Gray, the younger, the Bishop of Norwich.
Children of John and ?:
i. Eva de Grey (243377351), born ~1170 in Engand.
ii. Henry de Gray (47280384), born ~1175 in England.
iii. Walter de Grey, born ? in England.
1205, Walter, lord Chancellor of England.
1215, Walter, archbishop of York.
8/1220, Walter de Grey, archbishop of York, to Hubert de Burgh, justiciar: his efforts in the matter between Hugh de Bolbec and Roger Bertram; the former refuses to surrender a castle to the latter. (S) UKNA. [Hugh had to be threatened with excommunication and the loss of his own lands. Roger had to deliver a son as a hostage to the Bishop of Durham.] (S) Minority of Henry III, Carpenter, 1990, P207.iv. Robert de Gray (243382848), born ~1185 in England.
- ► 2013 (212)
- G27: 94562670 Duke Hugh of Burgundy
- G27: 94562560 Mowbray-Clare
- G27: 94562370 Fulk de Beaufo
- G27: 94562360 Thweng-Kilton
- G27: 94560848 Elias Giffard
- G27: 94560824 Munchensi-FitzJohn
- G27: 94560768 John de Gray
- G27: 94560440 Marmion-Dover
- G27: 94560390 Tatteshall-FitzRanulf
- G27: 94560296 Huntingfield-Horbridge
- G27: 94560288 Basset
- ▼ August (11)
- ► 2011 (538)
- ► 2010 (1664)