Saturday, August 25, 2012
G27: 94560824 Munchensi-FitzJohn
~1110, Hubert born in England, heir & s/o §Warine de Munchensi.
~1120, Agnes, born in England, d/o 189121650. Payn FitzJohn & 189121651. Sybil ?.
1130, ‘Hub de Montecanesi’ holding land in Norfolk from Hugo Bigod and ‘ubt de Monte Canesi’ land in Suffolk. (S) FMG.
12/22/1135, Stephen crowned king of England.
~1140, Hubert married Agnes.
1150, ‘Hub de Montechan’ witnessed a grant to St. Lazarus church at Wymondham, Norfolk, given by ‘W comes Cicestrie … et regina Adelide.’ (S) FMG.
1151-2, ‘Comes Hugo Bigott, Hubertus de Monte Canisi … Warinus de Monte-Canisi …’ witnessed the charter under which ‘Willielmus … comes Cicestriæ’ founded Old Buckenham Priory, Norfolk. (S) FMG.
12/19/1154, Henry II crowned king of England.
1160, Hugh de Munchensi removed abbot Walkelin and the monks from Abingdon to Colne priory. (S) Monasticon Anglicanum, Dugdale, 1846, P96.
Hubert de Munchensy recognized the right of the abbot of Holme to Little Melton in Norfolk, admitting that he had seizd it “in a time of war, by the counsel of evil men.” (S) Accession of Henry II, Amt, 1993, P69.
Bef. 1164, Hubert de Munchensy granted to William de Vaux land in Stratford. (S) Complete Peerage.
1166, Hubert died: ‘Hubert de Montechanesi’ holding 11 knights’ fees from ‘honore de Eye’ in Suffolk. (S) FMG.
1185, Agnes living with 3 sons: Ralph and William, knights; Hubert a clerk. (S) Complete Peerage.
1189, Agnes held the manor of Holkham [Norfolk] in dower. (S) Norfolk Churches, Bryant, 1898, P57.
Bef. 1198, Agnes died.
(S) Dictionary of National Biography, Stephen, 1894, P209.
· 1114, Hubert de Monte Canisio patron of Abingdon abbey. (S) Monasticon Anglicanum, Dugdale, 1846, P96.
· Warine de Munchensi s/o Hubert was living in 1140 and is recorded in the Doomsday book.
· Hubert held Edwardston, Suffolk, on the Essex-Suffolk border.
Child of Hubert and Agnes:
Bef. 1189, Henry II granted to Ralph de Monchensi [kinsman of William de Monchensi, living 1280 – his heir] that his land and men should be quit of shires, and hundreds, and suits, … (S) Cotteswold Manor, Baddeley, 1907, P73.
By 1189, Ralph died childless; his heir his brother William.
- ► 2013 (212)
- G27: 94562670 Duke Hugh of Burgundy
- G27: 94562560 Mowbray-Clare
- G27: 94562370 Fulk de Beaufo
- G27: 94562360 Thweng-Kilton
- G27: 94560848 Elias Giffard
- G27: 94560824 Munchensi-FitzJohn
- G27: 94560768 John de Gray
- G27: 94560440 Marmion-Dover
- G27: 94560390 Tatteshall-FitzRanulf
- G27: 94560296 Huntingfield-Horbridge
- G27: 94560288 Basset
- ▼ August (11)
- ► 2011 (538)
- ► 2010 (1664)