121691426. Thomas de Valoines & 121691427. Joan de Clemdon
Sunday, November 4, 2012
G27: 121691426 Valoines-Clemdon
121691426. Thomas de Valoines & 121691427. Joan de Clemdon
10/28/1216, Henry III, age 9, crowned king of England.
Thomas born in Shabbington, Buckinghamshire, England, s/o §Thomas de Valoines.
~1230, Joan born in England, d/o §Geoffrey de Clemdon & Joan ?. (S) Oxfordshire Rec. Soc. 56, Cooper, 1989.
Aft. 10/12/1235, Thomas’ father died.
Thomas married Joan.
4/28/1241, “Thomas de Valoines and Iohanna his wife pet. …” (S) Oxford Record Series, 1929, P112.
2/1245, Thomas Valeynes carried into effect a plan for the benefit of the Friars Minors, consisting of begging or buying out 8 property holders in the south-west suburb of Oxford. (S) The Grey Friars of Oxford, Little, 2006, P16.
1250, Robert de Thumele confirms the grant. Witnesses, dom. Thomas de Valoynes, … (S) The Boarstall Cartulary, 1930.
1252, Thom. De Valoines named in a grant.
3/1/1255, Sale of woods for the relief of the king’s debts … knights to associate themselves with commissioners … Thomas de Valoynes, Henry Pipard } Oxford. (S) CPRs.
7/20/1257, Exemption of Thomas de Valoynes from being put on assizes, juries or recognitions, and from being made sheriff … (S) CPRs.
11/6/1259, Mandate to Peter Folyot, … Thomas de Valoynes and Fulk de Draycote to go to the castle and mills of Oxford to view the state and let the king know what they find. (S) CPRs.
4/12/1263, Simon de Montfort returned to England to lead a rebellion of young barons.
5/14/1264, Lord Edward captured with King Henry at the battle of Lewes, “at the Mill of the Hide”. Simon de Montfort effectively ruled England.
8/4/1265, Lord Edward, having escaped captivity, defeated Simon de Montfort at the battle of Evesham; ending the barons’ revolt.
6/11/1265, Thomas de Valoynes a witness to an agreement between John fitz Nigel and Elias of Thomley.
8/17/1265, Simple protection, until Easter, for Thomas de Valayns. (S) CPRs.
4/18/1267, Pardon … as it appears by inquisition made by Nicholas de Ciferwast, sheriff of Berks, and Thomas de Valeynes that he killed him in self defense. (S) CPRs.
12/10/1269, Henry III named Thomas de Valoynes a “collector of the twentieth” in co. Buckingham. (S) Lancashire Lay Subsidies, 1893, P92. [Because Simon de St. Liz due to grave infirmity was incapable of doing the taxation.]
1270, William Tuluse for six marks grants to John fitz-Nigel h…. Witnesses, dom. William brother of Elias, dom. Thomas de Valoynes, dom. … (S) Oxford Hist. Soc., V88, 1930, P97.
4/2/1270, Letters directed to … Thomas de Valounes touching the 20th in the county of Buckingham [with all spped as the quality of the business of the cross requires.] (S) CPRs.
1274, Amercement of Gilbert of Preston on Thomas de Valoynes. (S) Kings, Barons and Justices, Brand, 2003, P333.
8/19/1274 at Westminster abbey, Edward I crowned king of England.
[Undated] in Oxon: Henry de Bulchegh essoins Reynold of Whitchurch vs. Thomas de Valoynes and Joan his wife. Assize of mort dancestor to declare whether Geoffrey de Clemdon, father of Joan wife of Thomas de Valoynes, was seised of 1/10 acre land in Bolney which Reynold of Whitchurch holds. The same assize to declare whether Joan de Clemdon, mother of Joan wife of the same Thomas, was seised of 18s. rent in Bolney of which Reynold and Alice his wife disseised them.
5/30/1275, Order to cause Thoma de Valounes to be acquitted of 10 marks amerced before Gilbert de Preston, deceased. (S) CCRs.
1275, Thomas died in Shabbington, Buckinghamshire, England.
Joan, widow of Thomas issued a charter. (S) Cartulaire Général de L'Ordre des Hospitaliers de S. Jean de Jérusalem, V3 1899, P765.
~1285, Joan sued Master Richard of St. Frideswide, Archdeacon of Buckingham, for defamation. (S) R.H. Helmholz, Select Cases of Defamation to 1600 (Selden Soc. 101) (1985): 3-4.
1297, Joan, widow of Robert de Grey, def. … Two parts of the manor of Sobinton, Bucks. … Grant to pl. to hold similarly the remainder of the third part which Joan de Valeygnes, widow of Thomas de Valeygnes holds in dower. (S) Feet of Fines, Buckinghamshire.
10/2/1297, Robert de Lavington presented to East Claydon by Joane de Valoynes. (S) Hist. of the Antiquities of the County of Buckingham, V1, 1847, P170.
· Bef. 1195, Theobald de Valoines gave his estate at Campsey to his two sisters Joan and Agnes for the purpose of founding a monastery. Joan de Valoines was the first prioress. (S) Index Monasticus, Taylor, 1821, P99.
· 1209, Theobald de Valoines died.
· 1212, Thomas de Valoignes holds e fees in Wodinton of the honor of Richmond. (S) Feudal Cambridgshire, P43.
· Thomas de Valoines [died 1216], s/o Theobald de Valoines.
· Thomas de Valoines s/o Thomas de Valoines.
· 1232, Willemus de Heingham, … et Thomas de Valeines constituti sunt justiciarii as assisam nove dissaisine capiendam … (S) CPRs.
· 1234, Thomas de Valoines paid scutage of 2 knights fees on the manor of Shabbington, co. Buckingham. (S) Hist. and Antiq. – Buckingham, V1, Lipscomb, 1847, P445.
· 10/12/1235, Appointment of knights in writ of aid to the sheriff of Norfolk … Thomas de Valoyniis, Thomas de Ingoldesthorp, Robert de Mauteby and William de Stalham. (S) CPRs.
Child of Thomas and Joan:
i. Joan de Valoines (60845713), born ~1250 in England.
- ► 2013 (212)
- G28: 159699702 Curcy
- G28: 159699700 FitzRoger-Cornhill
- G28: 159699328 Lovel-Kari
- G28: 159277172 Toeni-Hainault
- G28: 159277168 Bigod-Toeny
- G28: 159116048 Quincy-Saint Liz-FitzRichard
- G28: 159116046 Beaumont-Gael
- G28: 135095104 Vere
- G28: 135094284 Malet-Picot
- G28: 135094272 Wahull
- G27: 121698688 Mauduit
- G27: 121698392 FitzRobert-Lucy
- G27: 121698308 Bertram-Umfreville
- G27: 121698316 Humet-Crevecoeur
- G27: 121697006 Le Strange-Tregoz
- G27: 121697000 Gwenwynwyn ap Owain-Cyfeiliog
- G27: 121696986 Avenel
- G27: 121696966 Newburgh-Harcourt
- G27: 121696964 Mauduit-Basset
- G27: 121696960 Beauchamp-Valery
- G27: 121696928 Sudeley-Corbet
- G27: 121696904 Maelor-Gwynedd
- G27: 121691776 Berners
- G27: 121691426 Valoines-Clemdon
- G27: 121691424 Grey-Duston
- G27: 121691366 Tibetot-Chaworth
- G27: 121691314 Basset
- ▼ November (27)
- ► 2011 (538)
- ► 2010 (1664)