159699702. William de Curcy
Friday, November 30, 2012
G28: 159699702 Curcy
159699702. William de Curcy
~1135, William [III] born in England, s/o §William de Curci & Avice de Romeilli.
Aft. 1139, William’s father and grandfather died.
12/19/1154, Henry II crowned king of England.
1156, William de Curci pardoned 16s. 9d. of the common amercement of Devon.
1/1164, William de Curcy signed the Constitutions of Clarendon. (S) Select Historical Documents, Henderson, 1896, P12.
10/7/1164, Archbishop Thomas Becket filed a complaint in Council against William de Courci.
1165, William de Curci an accountant to the levy for the army of Wales of the sum of 30s. 6d. for for one serjeant for his manor of Islip, Oxon.
1166, William de Curcy, Dapifer, totaling 36.5 knights’ fees, and refers to new feoffment holding of his father of the same barony. (S) Western Antiquary, V6, Wright, 1887, P149.
1167, William de Curci of Islip, Oxfordshire. (S) Somerset Archaeological, Vs66-67, 1921, P123.
1168, “Avicia, mater Willelmi de Curci, tenet feoda duroum militum.” (S) Camden Series, V33, 2012, P56.
1168, Robert Gerbert held one knight’s fief of William de Curci, the steward, of the old feofment. (S) Camden Series, V34, 1846, P64.
3/1170, at Feckenham, Worcestershire, William de Courci attested a royal conformation to Bermondsey priory.
8/1171, William died.
(S) Court, Household, and Itinerary of Henry II, Eyton, 1878. (S) Honors and Kinght’s fees, V2, Farrer, 1923, P104.
· William [I] de Curci a younger son of Richard de Curci & Wandelmode ?. William [likely] married Emma de Falaise. William I’s elder brother Robert is the head of the Normandy line of the family.
· 10/18/1105, William [I] de Curci had his gift to Abingdon confirmed by King Henry I.
· 1139, The gift of William de Curci [I], sewer, and William [II] his son, to Abingdon confirmed by King Stephen at the siege of Wallingford.
· 1165, William’s mother Avice accounted for the levy of one serjeant in Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire.
· William de Curci [III], steward of the king, grants, for the souls of William de Curci his grandfather, and William his father, to the monks of St. Andrew of Stoke the mill at Northampton called Mervines milne which he bought of Hugh Gulafre.
· Avice de Romeilli, d/o William Meschines & Cecilia de Romeili, lady of the honor of Skipton. (S) Camden Series, V33, 2012, P56.
· [–––Records of William de Courci of Normandy, contempory with this William–––]
· 1151, William de Curci attested a royal charter in Normandy.
· 1172, William de Curci held 5 fees in demesne of the honor of Courci with the service of 33 knights, and 3 fees of the honor of Ecajeul-sur-Dive in demesne, and the service of 17.25 knights.
· 2/3/1173, at Mont Ferratz, Normandy, William de Curci one of the commissioners for the king in the agreement by which the daughter of Hubert, Comte of Maurianne gives his eldest daughter in marriage to Prince John.
· Bef. 9/28/1176, William de Courci, seneschal [Chief Justice of Normandy] died; replaced in office by Richard, bishop of Winchester.
Child of William and ?:
i. Alice de Curci (79849851), born ~1160 in England.
ii. William de Curci, born 1165 in England.
1185, William, age 20, in the custody of Robert le Poher.
William married Gundrea ?.
10/1194, William died.
- ► 2013 (212)
- G28: 159699702 Curcy
- G28: 159699700 FitzRoger-Cornhill
- G28: 159699328 Lovel-Kari
- G28: 159277172 Toeni-Hainault
- G28: 159277168 Bigod-Toeny
- G28: 159116048 Quincy-Saint Liz-FitzRichard
- G28: 159116046 Beaumont-Gael
- G28: 135095104 Vere
- G28: 135094284 Malet-Picot
- G28: 135094272 Wahull
- G27: 121698688 Mauduit
- G27: 121698392 FitzRobert-Lucy
- G27: 121698308 Bertram-Umfreville
- G27: 121698316 Humet-Crevecoeur
- G27: 121697006 Le Strange-Tregoz
- G27: 121697000 Gwenwynwyn ap Owain-Cyfeiliog
- G27: 121696986 Avenel
- G27: 121696966 Newburgh-Harcourt
- G27: 121696964 Mauduit-Basset
- G27: 121696960 Beauchamp-Valery
- G27: 121696928 Sudeley-Corbet
- G27: 121696904 Maelor-Gwynedd
- G27: 121691776 Berners
- G27: 121691426 Valoines-Clemdon
- G27: 121691424 Grey-Duston
- G27: 121691366 Tibetot-Chaworth
- G27: 121691314 Basset
- ▼ November (27)
- ► 2011 (538)
- ► 2010 (1664)