Monday, December 10, 2012
G28: 159916036 Breuse-Totenies
1070-73, Philip born in England, s/o §Guillame de Breuse & Agnes St. Clare.
Aenor born in Devon, England, d/o §Juhel of Totnes.
1080, Philip’s mother died.
9/26/1087, William Rufus crowned King of England; succeeding William the Conqueror. His elder brother Robert became Duke of Normandy.
Philip’s father died.
1096, Philip, established at Radnor, Wales, confirmed his father’s gifts to the abbey of St. Florent.
1099, King William died.
1100, Philip de Braosia used his personal seal on a document. (S) Notes from the Muniments of St. Mary Magdalen College, Macray, 1882, P109.
8/2/1100, Henry I crowned King of England.
1102, Philip returned from the 1st crusade.
1/1103 at Salisbury, Gilbert fitz Richard attested an agreement between William abbot of Fecamp and Philip de Braose, in the presence of King Henry and Queen Matilda. (S) English Historical Review, V34, 1919.
1103, William Ingelram witnessed a charter of Philip de Braiose. (S) The Norman People, 1874, P293.
1104, Payne FitzJohn encouraged Philip to attack Builth.
1110, Henry I confiscated Philip’s lands, due to his support of William Clito, son of Duke Robert Curthose.
1112, King Henry I returned Philip’s lands.
1122-3, King Henry gave Philip de Brewes the kingdom of Limerick, which Herebert and William, brethren to Reginald, earl of Cornwall, and John de la Pomerai, their nephew, had refused. (S) Asubhrton and Its Neighborhood, Worthy, 1875, P116.
1131-35, Philip died [possibly on crusade in the holy lands.]
12/22/1135, Stephen crowned king of England.
· 1073, Guillame [William] granted the tithe of his toll at Steyning, Sussex to his college at Bramber. (S) Gazetteer of Markets and Fairs.
· 1086, Guillame held the market of Bramber, Sussex. (S) Gazetteer of Markets and Fairs.
· Philip the 1st Braose Lord of Builth and Radnor, their initial holding in the Welsh Marches.
· Philip built the Norman church of St Nicolas at Old Shoreham and founded the port of New Shoreham.
Children of Philip and Aanor:
- ► 2013 (212)
- G28: 189110408 Hainaut-Namur
- G28: 189110312 Alfonso-Barenguela-Richeza
- G28: 189110276 Duke Guillaume IX
- G28: 189110274 King Henry-Matilda-Isabel
- G28: 189110272 Anjou-Maine
- G28: 188998248 Lusignan
- G28: 162553856 Malet-Neville
- G28: 160015568 Gournay-Flaitel
- G28: 159918656 Otes
- G28: 159917840 Cynan-Owain
- G28: 159917060 Tony-Montfort
- G28: 159916932 Hommet-Beaumont
- G28: 159916240 FitzEustace-Lisours-FitzGodric
- G28: 159916224 Clare-Gernon
- G28: Henry of Scotland-Warenne
- G28: 159916036 Breuse-Totenies
- G28: 159916058 Morville-Lancaster
- G28: 159916056 Uchtred-Gunhilda
- G28: 159916042 Caen-FitzRobert
- G28: 159916040 Meschines-Taillebois
- G28: 159916034 Peverel-Lancaster
- G28: 159916032 Ferrers-Vitre
- G28: 159699734 Redvers-Baluum
- ▼ December (23)
- ► 2011 (538)
- ► 2010 (1664)