159918656. Otes Fitz Otes
~1060, Otes born in France, s/o §Otes Aurifaber [the Goldsmith].
10/14/1066, William the Conqueror defeated and killed King Harold at the Battle of Hastings.
9/26/1087, William Rufus crowned King of England.
8/2/1100, Henry I crowned King of England.
1101, Otes succeeded his father in the office of the royal mint as king’s goldsmith.
1108, The king granted Otes the lands of Benfleet with Childerditch in Essex.
Bef. 1116, Otes Fitz Otes, of Benfleet, Childerditch, and Lisson Green died.
(S) Descent from a Domesday Goldsmith, Craig, 1990.
· Otes Aurifaber married 1st Leofgifu.
· Otes Aurifaber married 2nd Edeva.
· Otto employed to make the Conqueror’s monument in the church of St. Stephen's, Caen; and “a mass of gold and silver and precious stones” was handed over to him for the work.
· 1086, Domesday tenant; Otes held the office of the royal mint as king’s goldsmith.
· 1101, Otes of Gestingthorpe, Essex, Lisson Green (in Marylebone), Middlesex, and Hawstead, Suffolk died.
Child of Otes and ?:
i. William Fitz Otes (79959328), born ~1095 in England.