Tuesday, January 29, 2013
G28: 189120780 Tatteshall-d'Aubigny
By 1199, Robert born in England, s/o 378241560. Walter de Tateshal & 60838001. Iseult Pantulf.
5/27/1199, John succeeded King Richard I of England.
1199, Robert’s father died.
~1201, Matilda d’Aubigny born in England, d/o 973530514. Earl William D’Aubigny & 973530515. Mabel of Chester.
1214, Robert a minor.
10/28/1216, Henry III, age 9, crowned king of England.
Bef. 1222, Robert married Matilda.
7/11/1223, Order to the sheriff of Norfolk to place in respite the demand of 60 m. that he makes from Robert of Tattershall for the debt of Robert of Tattershall, his grandfather. (S) FRsHIII.
6/20/1227, Grant to Robert de Tateshale … weekly market at his manor of Shelfegh, and a yearly fair. (S) CCRs.
10/14/1229, ‘Robertus de Tatteshal’ witnessed a royal grant to ‘Petri filii Hereberti’. (S) PRsHIII, 1903, P311.
4/20/1230, ‘Radulfus de Noers, cum Roberto de Tatteshal’ [who is also named separately], letters of protection for going overseas in the king’s service. (S) PRsHIII, 1903, P358. [This could be the Robert of Lincolnshire.]
2/20/1233, Robert de Tateshale who held the castle of Bollesovre, has surrendered the castle to the king at Maidenestane. (S) CPRs.
1235, Robert de Shelton held one fee of Robert de Tateshal, and he of the Earl-Marshall. (S) Essay – History of the County of Norfolk, Blomefield, 1806, P264.
2/10/1238, Commission … prior of Brisete vs. Robert de Tatelshal, an assize of novel disseisin, tenement in Batesford. (S) CPRs.
1240, Agreement between Hugh, abbot of Kirkstead, and Robert son of Walter de Tattershall. (S) Reports of Papers, V23, 1895, P109.
1240, Three plough lands under Burrow [Leicestershire], one of which the fee of Robert, lord of Tateshal, who paid 2s to the sheriff’s aid; 12d for rent. (S) History of Market Harborough, Hill, 1875, P80.
1242, The king gave two bucks from the lands of Hugh de Albany, earl of Arundel; from his park at Buckenham, to Robert de Tateshale. (S) Some Account of English Deer Parks, Shirley, 1867, P116.
5/7/1243, Matilda a co-heiress to her brother, Earl Hugh D’Aubigny. Robert acquired the castle and manors of Bukenham, Wimondham, &c. for their capital seat.
11/27/1243, Of the lands late of H. earl of Arundel … the king has assigned to Robert de Tateshall, son of Robert de Tateshal, the eldest born of the heirs of the said earl, the castle and manor of Bukeham, … (S) CPRs.
5/25/1244, Protection with clause volumus … going on the king’s service to Scotland and Wales … Robert de Tateshal. Robert de Tateshal the younger. … (S) CPRs.
Robert married 2nd Nichole de Grey [1226-1277], d/o Sir John de Grey & Emma de Glanville.
10/26/1247, Licence for Robert de Tateshal to sport this year in the king’s river of Weilound from the abbey of Peterborough to Staunford bridge. (S) CPRs.
1/13/1249, Grant to Robert de Tatesale of what pertains to the king for the trespass of Robert de Straston in entering his park of Witton. (S) CPRs.
7/16/1249, Robert died.
(S) Foundation for Medieval Genealogy.
· A Robert of Tattershall of Lincolnshire, died by 1221, 1203, married to Rohaise [ who remarried to Robert de Lisle] is also in multiple records of this time. There are multiple records after 1221 of another Robert [married to Alice] in Lincolnshire, [identified as a grandson of Hugh le Breton/Brito.]
Child of Robert and Matilda:
- G28: 189123208 Polsted
- G28: 189124720 Thweng
- G28: 189121696 Giffard-Clifford
- G28: 189121650 FitzJohn
- G28: 189120780 Tatteshall-d'Aubigny
- G28: 189120592 Huntingfield-FitzWilliam
- G28: 189118350 FitzGilbert-MacMurchada
- G28: 189118348 FitzGilbert-Salisbury
- G28: Briwere-Vaux
- G28: 189118344 Breuse-LaHaie
- G28: 189118342 Eu-Warenne
- G28: 189118338 FitzPiers-Say-Munchesi-Clare
- G28: 189118302 Emperor Isaac Angelus
- G28: 189118300 Emperor Frederick I
- G28: 189118256 Vere-Essex
- G28: 189118214 Verdun-FitzPeter
- G28: 189118212 FitzWalter-Vavasour-FitzWarin
- G25: 16886916 Pantulf-FitzAlan
- G28: 189118208 FitzAlan
- G28: 189111952 Dunstanville-Langetot
- G28: 189110430 King Stephen of England
- G28: 189110288 Barcelona-Aragon
- G28: 189110410 Alsace-Anjou
- ▼ January (23)
- ► 2012 (418)
- ► 2011 (538)
- ► 2010 (1664)