Saturday, February 9, 2013
G28: 189135170 Camville-Basset
~1180, Richard born in England, s/o 378270340. Gerard de Camvill & 378270341. Nicola de la Haye.
Bef. 7/1189, Eustacia born in England, d/o 378270342. Gilbert Basset & 378270343. Egeline de Courtenay.
[–––Eusticia & Thomas de Verdun–––]
Eustacia 1st married to Thomas de Verdun [brother of Nicholas de Verdun.]
7/6/1189, King Henry I died.
9/3/1189, Richard I crowned King of England.
1194-5, ‘Gillebertus Basset … pro filia sua maritanda Tome de Verdun’ in Oxforshire. (S) FMG.
1199, Thomas died in Ireland.
1199, Nicolas de Verdun heir to his brother Thomas. Richard de Camville and Eustacia, the widow of Nicholas's older brother Thomas, also laid claim to the de Verdun lands.
5/27/1199, John succeeded King Richard I of England.
1199-1200, Gerard de Camvill gave a 1000£ to the King for the guardianship of widow Eustacia with her lands, and liberty to dispose of her in marriage unto Richard de Camvill his son.
[–––Richard & Eusticia–––]
1200, Nicholas de Verdun had gained official seisin of his lands in England when Richard de Camvill and Eustachia, his wife, brought a plea against him over 40 librates of land which Eustachia claimed as her dower.
1207, The prior of Kenilworth claimed that Nicholas de Verdun had allowed presentation of a parson by Richard de Camvill and Eustachia, his wife, to the church of Hethe. The right to present to this church, the prior argued, had been given to his priory.
1208, Richard and Eustacia in possession of Ardington. (S) A History of the County of Berkshire, V4, 1924.
1211-16, Eglina de Curthenai donated half her dower in her manor of Wretchwick, Oxfordshire, which ‘predictus Gilbertus Basset bone memorie’ retained when ‘predictam Eustaciam Basset’ married Thome de Verdun, to Bicester priory, witnessed by ‘Ricardo de Campvill, Eustacia Basset uxore ipsius, Thoma Basset, Alano Basset’. (S) FMG.
1214, Richard’s father died. (S) FMG.
1215, “Know all … I Richard de Camville have given, and by this present charter have confirmed, to God and the Church of St. Mary of Oseney and the Canons there … one messuage with its buildings in my village of Erdinton, …” (S) History of the Deanery of Bicester, Blomfield, 1882, P15.
1215-16, Richard high sheriff of Lincolnshire.
By 2/1216, Eustacia and Richard died; Richard leaving a son of the same name; who died soon after.
· Richard’s paternal uncle, Richard de Camville, outlived this Richard. Richard, the uncle [died 1224], attended the 3rd crusade with King Richard I, and appears in many records with Gerard, father of this Richard.
· The events surrounding Richard’s death leave open several probable senarios: left a son that died [Eustacia dying in child birth], lived until 1217 [possibly incapacitated in some way], … but ultimately Iodine becomes his heir.
Children of Richard and Eustacia:
9/23/1226, Order to the sheriff of Northamptonshire to place in respite, …, the demand of £20 … from William Longespée and Idonea, his wife, for Richard de Camville, for debts of the Jews. (S) FRsHIII.
2/12/1216, King Henry took ‘dominam Nicholaam de Haya et Ricardum de Campvill filium suum’ under protection. (S) FMG.
Bef. 4/22/1216, Richard died; his sister Iodine became the heir.
- G28: 243394000 ApGruffydd-Gwynedd
- G28: 243393928 Mauduit-Senlis
- G28: 243393932 Newburg-Warren
- G28: 243393920 Beauchamp-Braose
- G28: 243383552 Berners-Barrow
- G28: 243382850 Duston-Erdington
- G28: 243382848 Grey
- G28: 243382624 Stafford-Corbet
- G28: 243382596 FitzJohn-Dunbar
- G28: 243382594 FitzRanulph-Percy
- G28: 243382592 Neville
- G28: 243382542 Gant
- G28: 243382540 Peter de Mauley
- G28: 243382536 Multon
- G28: 243382318 Auberville
- G28: 243382312 Leyburn-Turnham
- G28: 243382304 Say
- G28: 243382144 William Bardolf
- G28: 243381890 Beke-Grey
- G28: 243381888 Wileby
- G28: 243380824 Burgh-Lacy
- G28: 243378816 Lovel-Basset-Talbot
- G28: 243378400 Talbot-apRhys
- G28: 243377248 Pateshull
- G28: 243376346 Longespee-Ridelisford
- G28: 243376344 Zouche-Quincy
- G28: 243376322 Fortibus-Ferrers
- G28: 243369104 Cobham-FitzBenedict
- G28: 243368000 Esturmy
- G28: 243367952 Beauchamp-Mohun
- G28: 189135170 Camville-Basset
- G28: 189134934 Tracy-Brewes
- G28: 189127984 Pecche-Peverel
- G28: 189127106 Birkin
- G28: 189125342 Dreux-St.Valery
- G28: 189125340 Burgundy-Vergy
- G28: 189125124 d'Aubigny-Louvain
- G28: 189125120 Mowbray-Gaunt
- ▼ February (38)
- ► 2012 (418)
- ► 2011 (538)
- ► 2010 (1664)