Saturday, February 9, 2013
G28: 243367952 Beauchamp-Mohun
10/28/1216, Henry III, age 9, crowned king of England.
~1230, Robert born in England, s/o 486735904. Robert de Beauchamp & 486735905. Denise ?.
~1225, Alice born in England, d/o 486756384. Earl Reginald de Mohun & 486756385. Hawise FitzPiers.
Bef. 1251, Robert’s father died.
1252, Robert de Bello Campo and Alice his wife held land in London and Middlesex of the Abbot of Westminster.
8/6/1253, Robert attended King Henry on his expedition into France; leaving from Portsmouth with 300 ships for Gascony to deal with a rebellion.
10/23/1253, King Henry’s army in camp at Benauge, France [east of Bordeaux].
12/28/1253, King Henry’s army in camp at Bazas, France [southeast of Bordeaux].
3/19/1254, King Henry’s army in camp at Meilhan, France [south of Bordeaux, near the Spanish border].
8/12/1254, King Henry’s retinue in camp at Bordeaux, France.
11/3/1254, Robert de Beauchamp gave 5m 10s worth of land at Much Bolbury with land in Tale to Walter le Chaumberleng and Joan his wife in exchange for lands at Belstone and Upcot [Devon.]
11/20/1254, Henry’s retinue in camp at Orleans, France.
1/1255, King Henry returned to England.
1257-8, Robert living.
7/18/1260, Robert de Bello Campo granted a market and fair at Shepton Beauchamp, Somerset. (S) Gazetteer of Markets and Fairs.
11/5/1260, Licence for Robert de Bello Campo to let to farm his manor of Schepton, co. Somerset, which he holds in chief, for 4 years from All Saints. (S) CPRs.
1263, Robert died.
1263, John fitz John to Walter de Merton, chancellor: for assistance to his kinswoman, Alice de Beauchamp, while John is abroad. (S) UKNA.
10/25/1263, Grant to James de Aldithele of the wardship of the lands and heirs of Robert de Bello Campo, tenant in chief; saving to Alice his wife her dower. (S) CPRs. [Alice is believed to have been James’ mistress.]
Aft. 1263, Sir James Audley had the wardship of Harmon Mascy and the manor of Dunham in Chester; James in turned granted the custody to Alice de Beauchamp.
1272, James de Audley died; the manor of Durham and the wardship of Harmon Mascy taken into the king’s hands.
1274, The custody of Dunham, and sesin of the wardships of the lands and heir, restored to Alice.
(S) Notes and Queries, White, 1907, P307. (S) Report and Transactions – Devonshire, V45, P184.
· There is also a Robert de Beauchamp of co. Bucks active during this time , associated with Sibilla de Bermingham.
Children of Robert and Alice:
i. John de Beauchamp (121683976), born bef. 1249 in England.
ii. Humphrey de Beauchamp (16778024), born ~1255 in England.
- G28: 243394000 ApGruffydd-Gwynedd
- G28: 243393928 Mauduit-Senlis
- G28: 243393932 Newburg-Warren
- G28: 243393920 Beauchamp-Braose
- G28: 243383552 Berners-Barrow
- G28: 243382850 Duston-Erdington
- G28: 243382848 Grey
- G28: 243382624 Stafford-Corbet
- G28: 243382596 FitzJohn-Dunbar
- G28: 243382594 FitzRanulph-Percy
- G28: 243382592 Neville
- G28: 243382542 Gant
- G28: 243382540 Peter de Mauley
- G28: 243382536 Multon
- G28: 243382318 Auberville
- G28: 243382312 Leyburn-Turnham
- G28: 243382304 Say
- G28: 243382144 William Bardolf
- G28: 243381890 Beke-Grey
- G28: 243381888 Wileby
- G28: 243380824 Burgh-Lacy
- G28: 243378816 Lovel-Basset-Talbot
- G28: 243378400 Talbot-apRhys
- G28: 243377248 Pateshull
- G28: 243376346 Longespee-Ridelisford
- G28: 243376344 Zouche-Quincy
- G28: 243376322 Fortibus-Ferrers
- G28: 243369104 Cobham-FitzBenedict
- G28: 243368000 Esturmy
- G28: 243367952 Beauchamp-Mohun
- G28: 189135170 Camville-Basset
- G28: 189134934 Tracy-Brewes
- G28: 189127984 Pecche-Peverel
- G28: 189127106 Birkin
- G28: 189125342 Dreux-St.Valery
- G28: 189125340 Burgundy-Vergy
- G28: 189125124 d'Aubigny-Louvain
- G28: 189125120 Mowbray-Gaunt
- ▼ February (38)
- ► 2012 (418)
- ► 2011 (538)
- ► 2010 (1664)