Saturday, February 9, 2013
G28: 243369104 Cobham-FitzBenedict
John born in England, s/o §Sir Henry Cobham.
Maud born in England, d/o §Warine Fitz Benedict.
10/28/1216, Henry III, age 9, crowned king of England.
Aft. 2/22/1230, John succeeded his father. (S) FRsHIII.
11/28/1236, Mandate to B. de Crioyl to deliver the castle of Rochester to John de Cobbeham. (S) CPRs.
6/19/1237, Exemption of John de Cobham, so long as he be constable of Rochester, from being put on assizes, juries or recognitions. (S) CPRs.
John married 2nd Joan, d/o Hugh de Neville. [3 sons – Reginald ancestor of the Cobhams of Sterborough castle, Surrey.]
11/4/1241, Mandate to John de Cobeham to deliver the castle of Rochester to Peter de Sabaudia. (S) CPRs.
3/28/1242, Exemption for life, of John son of Henry de Cobbeham, from being made justice of assizes, from being distrained to make any view of land, and from being put upon assizes, juries or recognitions. (S) CPRs.
1242, John undersheriff of Kent to Bertram de Cryall.
1243, John de Cobeham a justice of the common pleas of England. (S) History of England, V4, Pt2, 1747, P254.
4/1244, John de Cobeham held the office of J.C.P. (S) Judicial Chronicle, Gibbs, 1834, P1.
1245, Fine: Between Henry de Bathonia, Roger de Tharkelby, Robert de Nottingham, Allan de Nevill, Gilbert de Preston and John de Cobham. (S) UKNA.
10/20/1246, Eyre of Roger de Thirkelby, Gilbert de Preston, Master Simon de Wauton and John de Cobham. (S) Lancashire Assize Roll, V47, 1904, P-XIV. [Pleas taken at Lancaster.]
12/1/1246, John de Cobham, justice of the king of England; recognition of perambulation between kingdoms of England and Scotland.
1/22/1247, An agreement before judges including Sir John de Cobham: between Roger de Quincy, earl of Winton, and Roger de Somery … park of Bradgate, … (S) Cattle, Sheep and Deer, MacDonald, 1872, P565.
1248, An Assise of Mortdancestor, in which Sir John de Cobham is plaintiff and Sir John de Waltham deforciant. (S) Archaeologia Cantiana, V2, 1859, P33.
1249, John de Cobbeham an itinerant justice. (S) Judges of England, Foss, 1848, P300.
5/16/1250, Licence for the abbot and convent of St. Jean d’Angley to let to farm their manors of Modengeham and Wolewich to John de Cobeham. (S) CPRs.
10/21/1251, Appointment of … and John de Cobbeham as justices in eyre for common pleas … (S) CPRs.
1251-2, John died.
· 1248, John’s brother Reginald de Cobbeham was an itinerant justice in Essex and Surrey.
· 1249, Reginald de Cobbeham appointed sheriff of Kent, which he held the rest of his life.
· 12/14/1257, Reginald died. (S) Judges of England, Foss, 1848, P301.
Children of John and Maud:
10/13/1283, Roger Bigod, earl of Norfolk and marshal of England, has granted to Otto de Granson, … Witnesses: John de Vescy, Reginald de Grey, Robert de Tibetot, …, John de Cobham, Henry de Cobham, his brother, … (S) The Bigod Earls of Norfolk, Morris, 2005, P223.
1316, Henry, of Roundall, age, 76, died at Stokle-sub-Hamdon while visiting John de Beauchamp. (S) Proceedings, Somerset, V44, 1898, P110.
- G28: 243394000 ApGruffydd-Gwynedd
- G28: 243393928 Mauduit-Senlis
- G28: 243393932 Newburg-Warren
- G28: 243393920 Beauchamp-Braose
- G28: 243383552 Berners-Barrow
- G28: 243382850 Duston-Erdington
- G28: 243382848 Grey
- G28: 243382624 Stafford-Corbet
- G28: 243382596 FitzJohn-Dunbar
- G28: 243382594 FitzRanulph-Percy
- G28: 243382592 Neville
- G28: 243382542 Gant
- G28: 243382540 Peter de Mauley
- G28: 243382536 Multon
- G28: 243382318 Auberville
- G28: 243382312 Leyburn-Turnham
- G28: 243382304 Say
- G28: 243382144 William Bardolf
- G28: 243381890 Beke-Grey
- G28: 243381888 Wileby
- G28: 243380824 Burgh-Lacy
- G28: 243378816 Lovel-Basset-Talbot
- G28: 243378400 Talbot-apRhys
- G28: 243377248 Pateshull
- G28: 243376346 Longespee-Ridelisford
- G28: 243376344 Zouche-Quincy
- G28: 243376322 Fortibus-Ferrers
- G28: 243369104 Cobham-FitzBenedict
- G28: 243368000 Esturmy
- G28: 243367952 Beauchamp-Mohun
- G28: 189135170 Camville-Basset
- G28: 189134934 Tracy-Brewes
- G28: 189127984 Pecche-Peverel
- G28: 189127106 Birkin
- G28: 189125342 Dreux-St.Valery
- G28: 189125340 Burgundy-Vergy
- G28: 189125124 d'Aubigny-Louvain
- G28: 189125120 Mowbray-Gaunt
- ▼ February (38)
- ► 2012 (418)
- ► 2011 (538)
- ► 2010 (1664)