Tuesday, February 12, 2013
G28: 243377248 Pateshull
~1190, Walter de Pateshull s/o 486754496. Simon de Pateshull & 486754497. Margery Braybrooke.
3/30/1216–1217, Walter’s father died.
10/28/1216, Henry III, age 9, crowned king of England.
1218-19, Walter de Pateshull a justice itinerant. (S) Judges of England, Foss, 1848, P192.
9/30/1221, To the sheriff of Northamptonshire. Maurice de Dandely. David of Ashby. Walter of Pattishall. Richard Gubiun. … Order to take into the king’s hand without delay all of the king’s demesne lands … those demesnes of which King John, the king’s father, was seised at the beginning of the war between him and his barons … (S) FRsHIII.
1223, Walter of Pattishall, son Simon of Pattishall, accused Herbert of unlawfully seizing his land at Swillington as an escheat and distraining his men for rents. (S) Freedom and Authority, Brotherstone, 2000, P231.
1/23/1224, Walter de Pateshull, a knight of William de Beauchamp, appointed sheriff of Bedford and Buckingham; replacing Faukes de Breaute. (S) Lists and Indexes, V9, 1898, P1.
8/14/1224, The king orders Walter de Pattishall and Henry de Braybroc to demolish Faukes’ castel of Bedford. [The garrison surrendered on this date.]
3/1225, Walter de Pateshull sheriff of Bedfordshire and Buckinghamshire ‘in person’. (S) Lists and Indexes, V9, 1898, P1.
1228, The English lands of Daniel de Betun committed to the king; writs directed to Walter de Pateshull, … to pay the rents to the king’s baliffs.
9/5/1228, Walter removed from office of sheriff of Bedford and Buckingham; replaced by Stephen de Sedgrave. (S) Lists and Indexes, V9, 1898, P1.
1229, The fee farm rent of £10 paid to the Advocate by Walter de Pateshull from a tenement in Bedfordshire [Walter’s primary residence] assigned to John de Nereford.
8/25/1231, Gift to St. Mary and the prior and canons … 10£ of rent, which Walter de Pateshull used to pay to the advocate of Betun yearly for the manor of Retherestorp, …
Bef. 8/20/1232, Walter died. (S) FRsHIII. [Order to sheriffs of Oxford, Northamptonshire and Suffolk to take his lands into the king’s hands.]
(S) Honors and Knights’ Fees, Farrer, 1925, V2. (S) Judges of England, Foss, 1848, P440.
· Henry de Braybroc maternal uncle of Walter, and also a knight of William de Beauchamp.
- G28: 243394000 ApGruffydd-Gwynedd
- G28: 243393928 Mauduit-Senlis
- G28: 243393932 Newburg-Warren
- G28: 243393920 Beauchamp-Braose
- G28: 243383552 Berners-Barrow
- G28: 243382850 Duston-Erdington
- G28: 243382848 Grey
- G28: 243382624 Stafford-Corbet
- G28: 243382596 FitzJohn-Dunbar
- G28: 243382594 FitzRanulph-Percy
- G28: 243382592 Neville
- G28: 243382542 Gant
- G28: 243382540 Peter de Mauley
- G28: 243382536 Multon
- G28: 243382318 Auberville
- G28: 243382312 Leyburn-Turnham
- G28: 243382304 Say
- G28: 243382144 William Bardolf
- G28: 243381890 Beke-Grey
- G28: 243381888 Wileby
- G28: 243380824 Burgh-Lacy
- G28: 243378816 Lovel-Basset-Talbot
- G28: 243378400 Talbot-apRhys
- G28: 243377248 Pateshull
- G28: 243376346 Longespee-Ridelisford
- G28: 243376344 Zouche-Quincy
- G28: 243376322 Fortibus-Ferrers
- G28: 243369104 Cobham-FitzBenedict
- G28: 243368000 Esturmy
- G28: 243367952 Beauchamp-Mohun
- G28: 189135170 Camville-Basset
- G28: 189134934 Tracy-Brewes
- G28: 189127984 Pecche-Peverel
- G28: 189127106 Birkin
- G28: 189125342 Dreux-St.Valery
- G28: 189125340 Burgundy-Vergy
- G28: 189125124 d'Aubigny-Louvain
- G28: 189125120 Mowbray-Gaunt
- ▼ February (38)
- ► 2012 (418)
- ► 2011 (538)
- ► 2010 (1664)