Thursday, February 14, 2013
G28: 243378816 Lovel-Basset-Talbot
9/3/1189, Richard I succeeded King Henry II of England.
~1190, Richard born in England, s/o §Sir Gilbert Talbot.
~1195, John born in England, s/o 486757632. Baron William Lovel.
5/27/1199, John succeeded King Richard I of England.
~1205, Alvia born in England, d/o 47277988. Lord Alan Basset & 47277989. Alice de Grey.
Aft. 1212, John, a minor, succeeded his father; given in wardship to Lord Alan Basset of Mursdewall and Wycombee, Surrey.
10/28/1216, Henry III, age 9, crowned king of England.
1220, John Lovel summoned to march against the Welsh.
[–––Richard & Alvia–––]
~1222, Richard Talbot married Alvia.
10/23/1223, Winchester, “Alan Basset has made fine with the king, by Richard Talbot, by 5 m. for having the king’s benevolence because he took to wife de Montagu, who was of the king’s gift, without the king’s licence…..” (S) FRsHIII.
1224, John Lovel appointed sheriff of Cambridge and Huntingdon.
9/15/1226, To the sheriff of Oxfordshire. John Luvel, chief pledge of William de Rumilly, has made fine with the king, for himself and the other pledges. (S) FRsHIII.
10/5/1229, John Luvel, who holds one knight’s fee, 25 m. for passage and scutage. (S) FRsHIII.
1230, Richard Talbot’s father died.
2/13/1231, “The king has taken the homage of Richard Talbot for the lands formerly of Gilbert Talbot, his father, which fall to him by hereditary right. Order to the sheriff of Herefordshire that, having accepted security from Richard for rendering his due relief to the king, he is to cause him to have full seisin without delay of all lands formerly of Gilbert, his father, on the day he died, which fall to him by hereditary right in his bailiwick.” (S) FRsHIII.
12/15/1232, The men of Docking give 2 m. for having a pone against John Luvel concerning customs etc. Order to the sheriff of Norfolk. (S) FRsHIII.
Bef. 4/13/1234, Richard died.
[–––John & Alvia–––]
1234, John married Alvia, and assumed the Bassett coat of arms except for the colors. (S) Wiltshire Notes and Queries, 1905.
1238, John summoned to answer him men of Dochinges on complaint of having taken illegal fines of them.
10/11/1240, The king has taken the homage of Fulk Basset, dean of York , for the lands which Gilbert Basset, his brother, held of the king in chief and which fall to him by hereditary right. Because Fulk has given the king surety for rendering his relief by John Luvel and Gilbert de Sanford. (S) FRsHIII.
11/24/1250, John Luvel granted a Friday market and fair at Docking, Norfolk; and free warren in his demesne lands in the manors of Docking and Sudmer, Norfolk, and Ellecumbe, Wilts. (S) CChRs.
3/1/1255, Protection, with clause, for John Lovell, in the service of Edward the king’s son in Gascony. (S) CPRs.
9/13/1256, Exemption, for life, of John son of William Lovel from being put on assizes, juries or recognitions, and from being made sheriff, … against his will. (S) CPRs.
3/2/1257, Licence for life for John Lovel, son of William Lovel, to hunt with his own dogs the hare, the fox, the cat and the badger, throughout the forests in the counties of Wilts, Northampton and Essex. (S) CPRs.
1257, John died.
(S) A Gen. and Heraldic Dic., Burke, P319. (S) Collin’s Peerage, V7, 1812, P335.
· Sir Gilbert Talbot [died 1230], s/o Sir Richard, s/o Gilbert [died 8/22/1140], s/o Sir Richard Talbot, knt.
Child of Richard and Alvia:
- G28: 243394000 ApGruffydd-Gwynedd
- G28: 243393928 Mauduit-Senlis
- G28: 243393932 Newburg-Warren
- G28: 243393920 Beauchamp-Braose
- G28: 243383552 Berners-Barrow
- G28: 243382850 Duston-Erdington
- G28: 243382848 Grey
- G28: 243382624 Stafford-Corbet
- G28: 243382596 FitzJohn-Dunbar
- G28: 243382594 FitzRanulph-Percy
- G28: 243382592 Neville
- G28: 243382542 Gant
- G28: 243382540 Peter de Mauley
- G28: 243382536 Multon
- G28: 243382318 Auberville
- G28: 243382312 Leyburn-Turnham
- G28: 243382304 Say
- G28: 243382144 William Bardolf
- G28: 243381890 Beke-Grey
- G28: 243381888 Wileby
- G28: 243380824 Burgh-Lacy
- G28: 243378816 Lovel-Basset-Talbot
- G28: 243378400 Talbot-apRhys
- G28: 243377248 Pateshull
- G28: 243376346 Longespee-Ridelisford
- G28: 243376344 Zouche-Quincy
- G28: 243376322 Fortibus-Ferrers
- G28: 243369104 Cobham-FitzBenedict
- G28: 243368000 Esturmy
- G28: 243367952 Beauchamp-Mohun
- G28: 189135170 Camville-Basset
- G28: 189134934 Tracy-Brewes
- G28: 189127984 Pecche-Peverel
- G28: 189127106 Birkin
- G28: 189125342 Dreux-St.Valery
- G28: 189125340 Burgundy-Vergy
- G28: 189125124 d'Aubigny-Louvain
- G28: 189125120 Mowbray-Gaunt
- ▼ February (38)
- ► 2012 (418)
- ► 2011 (538)
- ► 2010 (1664)