Saturday, February 16, 2013
G28: 243381888 Wileby
~1230, Robert born in England, s/o §William de Wyleby.
Robert’s father died.
6/23/1246, Mandate to the intendent to Henry de Wyngham, king’s clerk, … to keep the king’s escheats … [county] Lindsey – Robert son of William de Wyleby. (S) CPRs.
11/11/1250, Sir Robert de Willoughby of Kesteven, in financial troubles, leased his manor of Ashover for a term of 23 years; pledged to neither sell or dimish his holdings, except for the value of 100s to his daughter Amabel. [The lease was to Walter de Bradley, then to Sir Geoffrey de Langley.]
1254, Robert de Wylughby held a seventh part of a fee in Welton of Gilbert de Gaunt. (S) Historical Account of Wainfleet, Oldfield, 1829, P257.
1255, Robert de Wileweby had a grant of free warren in his lands. (S) Honors and Kinghts’ Fees, Farrer, 1925, P147.
10/2/1255, Exemption for life of Robert de Wileweby from being put on assizes, juries or recognitions. (S) CPRs.
11/1256, Queen Eleanor acknowledged receipt of money which Geoffrey de Langley owed for the marriage of Robert de Willoughby, and for 20 years lease of the manor of Ashover.
4/12/1263, Simon de Montfort returned to England to lead a rebellion of young barons. Robert was a supporter of Simon.
5/14/1264, King Henry captured at the battle of Lewes, “at the Mill of the Hide” by Simon de Montfort.
1264-65, Simon de Montfort effectively ruled England.
7/1265, In a suprise attack, Robert de Willoughby captured by Prince Edward at Kenilworth prior to the battle of Evesham.
8/4/1265, Lord Edward defeated Simon de Montfort at the battle of Evesham; ending the barons’ revolt in England.
6/17/1267, Safe conduct for 11 days for Robert de Wileby, who was against the king in the late disturbance, in going as far as Clare and Kedinton. (S) CPRs.
6/28/1267, Remission and pardon to him for all trepasses committed at the time of the disturbance had in the realm to Robert de Wileby on the mainprise of Thomas Bardulf of the county of York, Adam de Novo Mercato and Baldwin de Akeni of the county of Cambridge, that he will be of good behavior and stand to the award of Kenilworth. (S) CPRs.
11/7/1270, Grant to Josc’ le Jovene, Jew of York, … the king will not … pardon, for 4 years, … debts wherein Robert le Botiller, … Robert de Wyleby or other debtors are bound to him. (S) CPRs.
11/16/1272, Edward I ascended to the throne while on crusade.
7/13/1274, Robert de Wyleghoby impleaded Richard de Bedeford … a messsuage … in North Wylhoby, … contention has arisen between the parties. (S) CPRs.
8/19/1274 at Westminster abbey, Edward I crowned king of England.
7/17/1277, Protection with clause volumus, for the following, going to Wales on the king’s service … Robert de Wilgheby. [Robert in the retinue of Baldwin Wake.] (S) CPRs.
Bef. 3/27/1279, Robert died.
(S) Landlords, Pesants and Politics in Medieval England, Aston, 2006, P172ff, P195.
· 9/30/1221, Order to take into the king’s hand without delay all of the king’s demesne lands which King John, the king’s father, was seised at the beginning of the war between him and his barons … in Lincolnshire. Alexander of Pointon. William of Well. Hamo of Moulton. William of Willoughby. (S) FRsHIII.
· 1225, Geoffrey, vicar of 2 parts of the church, presented by William de Wyleby, knt., and Lady Alina de Harington. (S) Lincolnshire Notes & Queries, V8, 1905, P216.
Child of Robert and ?:
- G28: 243394000 ApGruffydd-Gwynedd
- G28: 243393928 Mauduit-Senlis
- G28: 243393932 Newburg-Warren
- G28: 243393920 Beauchamp-Braose
- G28: 243383552 Berners-Barrow
- G28: 243382850 Duston-Erdington
- G28: 243382848 Grey
- G28: 243382624 Stafford-Corbet
- G28: 243382596 FitzJohn-Dunbar
- G28: 243382594 FitzRanulph-Percy
- G28: 243382592 Neville
- G28: 243382542 Gant
- G28: 243382540 Peter de Mauley
- G28: 243382536 Multon
- G28: 243382318 Auberville
- G28: 243382312 Leyburn-Turnham
- G28: 243382304 Say
- G28: 243382144 William Bardolf
- G28: 243381890 Beke-Grey
- G28: 243381888 Wileby
- G28: 243380824 Burgh-Lacy
- G28: 243378816 Lovel-Basset-Talbot
- G28: 243378400 Talbot-apRhys
- G28: 243377248 Pateshull
- G28: 243376346 Longespee-Ridelisford
- G28: 243376344 Zouche-Quincy
- G28: 243376322 Fortibus-Ferrers
- G28: 243369104 Cobham-FitzBenedict
- G28: 243368000 Esturmy
- G28: 243367952 Beauchamp-Mohun
- G28: 189135170 Camville-Basset
- G28: 189134934 Tracy-Brewes
- G28: 189127984 Pecche-Peverel
- G28: 189127106 Birkin
- G28: 189125342 Dreux-St.Valery
- G28: 189125340 Burgundy-Vergy
- G28: 189125124 d'Aubigny-Louvain
- G28: 189125120 Mowbray-Gaunt
- ▼ February (38)
- ► 2012 (418)
- ► 2011 (538)
- ► 2010 (1664)