Tuesday, February 19, 2013
G28: 243382318 Auberville
William born in England, s/o §Hugh de Auberville.
1213, William’s father died; William a minor.
1213, William de Ainesford paid 1200 marks for the wardship of William and his lands.
1214, William de Ainesford sold the custody of William and the lands to William Brewer.
10/28/1216, Henry III, age 9, crowned king of England.
1230, ‘Willelmus de Aubervill’, summoned in a case involving his cousin Thomas de Ardern.
1235, William increased the endowment of his father-in-law in the asylum of West Somerton for persons with leprosy.
1236, William de Auberville gave the advowsons of Suffolk to Adam, prior of Butley.
1239-40, William de Auberville disputed warren in Benhall, Kelton and Farnham against William Russell. (S) Eye Priory Cartulary, Pt2, Brown, 1994, P62.
5/30/1241, Mandate to deliver to Bernard de Sabaldia, or to William de Aumbervill, his serjeant, the castle of Reygate. (S) CPRs.
4/7/1242, Protection with clause volumus for William de Aumbervill so long as her be beyond seas with the king. (S) CPRs.
5/20/1242, King Henry III with arrived at Royen, France with a small contingent; but with 30 tons of gold. They were soon joined by French nobles against the forces of the Count of Poitou and King Louis IX.
7/1242, The 2 armies met at the battles of Taillebourgh and Saintes, with the superior sized French force winning.
9/27/1242, King Henry returned to England arriving at Portsmouth.
1245, William died.
(S) History of Walmer, Elvin, 1894, P42.
· 1130, Hugh de Albertvilla in the pipe roll of Kent.
· William de Auberville [the grandfather], s/o Hugh de Auberville.
· 1139, Hugh died; Turgis de Abrincis paid 100 marks of silver, 1 mark in gold, and a Courser for custody of the lands and of William, a minor.
· William married Maud [acquiring Benhall], d/o Ralph de Glanville.
· 1192, William de Auberville, with consent of his wife Maud, gave the church associated with his manor to Langdon abbey.
· 1194, William de Auberville a member of a petit jury in Wiltshire.
· 1203, Sir W. de Auberville in a suit with Lucy, Thomas de Arderne’s widow [Thomas a relative.] (S) Priory and Manor of Lynchmere and Shulbrede, Ponsonby, 1920, P40.
· Bef. 1206, William died; Hugh succeeding. [William had a son William and daughter Emma, both of whom died in his lifetime.]
· 1206, Ralph fitz Robert paid a fine fo 200 marks for having a third part of he land in Braham and Leburn which belonged to William de Stuteville in right of his wife Berta, neice of Ranulph de Glanville; and for 2 precipes before the king for a third part of the free tenements … one against Thomas de Arden, the other against Hugh de Auberville. (S) Judges of England, Foss, 1848, P333.
· 8/29/1212, ‘Mandamus vobis quod mittatis nobis per bonos portitores omnes aves qui fuer’nt Hugo de Auberville quod bene forme fuerent.’ (S) Anglo-Norman House of Glanville, Richards, 1882, P45.
· 1213, Hugh died.
· 8/12/1225, Order to the sheriff of Suffolk to take into the king’s hand without delay all land of Joan d’Auberville with its appurtenances in Benhall and Kelton, and to keep it safely until the king orders otherwise, saving to Joan her reasonable maintenance that he is to take from the issues of the same land in the meantime. (S) FRsHIII.
Child of William and ?:
- G28: 243394000 ApGruffydd-Gwynedd
- G28: 243393928 Mauduit-Senlis
- G28: 243393932 Newburg-Warren
- G28: 243393920 Beauchamp-Braose
- G28: 243383552 Berners-Barrow
- G28: 243382850 Duston-Erdington
- G28: 243382848 Grey
- G28: 243382624 Stafford-Corbet
- G28: 243382596 FitzJohn-Dunbar
- G28: 243382594 FitzRanulph-Percy
- G28: 243382592 Neville
- G28: 243382542 Gant
- G28: 243382540 Peter de Mauley
- G28: 243382536 Multon
- G28: 243382318 Auberville
- G28: 243382312 Leyburn-Turnham
- G28: 243382304 Say
- G28: 243382144 William Bardolf
- G28: 243381890 Beke-Grey
- G28: 243381888 Wileby
- G28: 243380824 Burgh-Lacy
- G28: 243378816 Lovel-Basset-Talbot
- G28: 243378400 Talbot-apRhys
- G28: 243377248 Pateshull
- G28: 243376346 Longespee-Ridelisford
- G28: 243376344 Zouche-Quincy
- G28: 243376322 Fortibus-Ferrers
- G28: 243369104 Cobham-FitzBenedict
- G28: 243368000 Esturmy
- G28: 243367952 Beauchamp-Mohun
- G28: 189135170 Camville-Basset
- G28: 189134934 Tracy-Brewes
- G28: 189127984 Pecche-Peverel
- G28: 189127106 Birkin
- G28: 189125342 Dreux-St.Valery
- G28: 189125340 Burgundy-Vergy
- G28: 189125124 d'Aubigny-Louvain
- G28: 189125120 Mowbray-Gaunt
- ▼ February (38)
- ► 2012 (418)
- ► 2011 (538)
- ► 2010 (1664)