Sunday, February 24, 2013
G28: 243382850 Duston-Erdington
~1185, Mary born in England, d/o 486765702. Thomas de Erdington.
~1190, William de Duston born in England, s/o §William de Duston.
[–––Mary & William FitzAlan–––]
Mary 1st married William FitzAlan, s/o 189118208. William Fitzalan.
3/3/1215, William FitzAlan succeeded his father, doing homage at the Tower of London.
4/19/1215, William FitzAlan died. [No children.]
9/1215, The burgesses of York were order to pay William de Duston £50 towards the wages of the seargents at Scarborough castle.
10/28/1216, Henry III, age 9, crowned king of England.
10/13/1217, Mary’s dower included the manor of Nortun; and lands in Norfolk and Suffolk.
[–––William de Duston & Mary –––]
Bef. 9/7/1218, William’s father died.
6/1219, William still under age, a minor in the wardship of Maud le Bigod.
William married widow Mary.
6/1220, William de Duston and Mary his wife called to answer John FitzAlan and show by what warrant they hold in the manor of Meleham, Norfolk, which John claims as his right and inheritance. Mary claims dower right from his brother William. (S) Curia Regis Rolls, V9, P57.
1223, Dionisia, widow of William fitz Geoffrey, appeared on the fourth day against William de Duston, in a plea of the one-third part of the vill of Langenhalre (Longner), which she claimed in dower. (S) Plea Rolls for Staffordshire, V4, 1883.
1224 in Northampton, Joan, formerly the wife of Henry FitzRalph, sued William for dower in Duston. (S) The Genealogist, 1904, P223.
6/1225, Willliam de Duston sued Thomas Coigne for the service of owing to him for the free tenement in Hulmo. (S) Collections for a History of Staffordshire, V4, 1883, P34.
11/12/1227, William de Duston in an agreement with Walter and Thomas Coyngne; 16 acres in Hulme. (S) Feet of Fines.
By 8/21/1231, William, of Duston, Northamptonshire, died. (S) FRsHIII.
· Wakelin de Duston retired to the abbey of St. James, where he became Abbot.
· 1/28/1206, Walkelin de Duston died; his son William de Duston succeeding; receiving all the lands his fathere possessed at the time ‘he put on the habit of a religious.’
· (S) Journal of Northamptonshire, V13, 1906, P244.
· 9/9/1214 in York, William de Duston [the father] paid a 10 mark seizin fine.
· 12/1215, William de Duston in rebellion against King John.
· 6/1216, William de Duston appointed by King John as sheriff of Northamptonshire.
· 10/13/1217, William gave allegiance of King Henry III.
· 5/15/1218, William of Duston pledged 30 m. for Robert Marmion in court to Ralph de Neville. (S) FRsHIII.
· 1218, Henry III committed to William of Duston and Ralph de Norwich the custody of Alnwick castle.
· Bef. 9/7/1218, William of Duston [the father] died [his heirs his son William and a daughter Joan]. (S) FRsHIII. [Lands siezed in Staffordshire, Shropshire and Nothamptonshire.]
· (S) Antiquities of Shropshire, V8, Eyton, 1859, P206.
Children of William [de Duston] and Mary:
Roisia married Sir John d’Oyley.
- G28: 243394000 ApGruffydd-Gwynedd
- G28: 243393928 Mauduit-Senlis
- G28: 243393932 Newburg-Warren
- G28: 243393920 Beauchamp-Braose
- G28: 243383552 Berners-Barrow
- G28: 243382850 Duston-Erdington
- G28: 243382848 Grey
- G28: 243382624 Stafford-Corbet
- G28: 243382596 FitzJohn-Dunbar
- G28: 243382594 FitzRanulph-Percy
- G28: 243382592 Neville
- G28: 243382542 Gant
- G28: 243382540 Peter de Mauley
- G28: 243382536 Multon
- G28: 243382318 Auberville
- G28: 243382312 Leyburn-Turnham
- G28: 243382304 Say
- G28: 243382144 William Bardolf
- G28: 243381890 Beke-Grey
- G28: 243381888 Wileby
- G28: 243380824 Burgh-Lacy
- G28: 243378816 Lovel-Basset-Talbot
- G28: 243378400 Talbot-apRhys
- G28: 243377248 Pateshull
- G28: 243376346 Longespee-Ridelisford
- G28: 243376344 Zouche-Quincy
- G28: 243376322 Fortibus-Ferrers
- G28: 243369104 Cobham-FitzBenedict
- G28: 243368000 Esturmy
- G28: 243367952 Beauchamp-Mohun
- G28: 189135170 Camville-Basset
- G28: 189134934 Tracy-Brewes
- G28: 189127984 Pecche-Peverel
- G28: 189127106 Birkin
- G28: 189125342 Dreux-St.Valery
- G28: 189125340 Burgundy-Vergy
- G28: 189125124 d'Aubigny-Louvain
- G28: 189125120 Mowbray-Gaunt
- ▼ February (38)
- ► 2012 (418)
- ► 2011 (538)
- ► 2010 (1664)