Sunday, February 24, 2013
G28: 243383552 Berners-Barrow
~1190, Ralph born in England, s/o §Sir William de Berners & Beatrix of Cokefield.
~1200, Maud born in England, d/o §Walter Fitz Walter of Barrow.
1212, The sheriff of Essex directed to give Ralph de Berners the younger seisin of 2 fees in Streethall. (S) Honors and Knights’ fees, Farrer, 1925, P214.
10/28/1216, Henry III, age 9, crowned king of England.
9/1220, William de Berniers, pi. Ralph de Berniers, impedient. Manor of Iseldon with appurts. Plea of warranty of charter. (S) Feet of Fines, Essex, 1899.
1223, Ralph de Berniers the impedient vs. William de Berniers, plaintiff. (S) Starrs and Jewish Charters, V2, Lincoln, 1930, P236.
5/4/1224, Pledges for John of Bassingbourn: … Lambert of Moulton for 5 m. Robert Marmion junior for 10 m. Robert de Crèvecoeur for 5 m. … Robert Arsic for 10 m. Phillip d’Aubigny for 10 m. William Luvel senior for 5 m. … Hugh de Vivonne for 10 m.William de Cantilupe for 10 m. … Ralph de Berners for 5 m. … Ralph son of Bernard for 10 m. Phillip of Kyme for 10 m. … (S) FRsHIII.
9/25/1225, Essex. John de Berners gives the king half a mark for having a precipe against Ralph de Berners that he will acquit him of the service that G. bishop of Ely exacts from him. (S) FRsHIII.
4/14/1227, Ralph de Berners gives one mark for having a pone before the justices at Westminster , concerning a knight’s fee with appurtenances in Wixoe. (S) FRsHIII.
8/26/1234, Ralph de Berners gives the king 40s. for having his letters of conduct lasting for two years from Michaelmas in the eighteenth year, so that his ship, which Sewal of Maldon captains, may come safely and securely into the king’s power with all his property and merchandise aboard. (S) FRsHIII.
1235, Ralph died.
(S) Yseldon: a Perambulation of Islington, Tomlins, 1858, P98.
· 1166, Ralph de Berners held of Henry fitz Gerold, the chamberlain.
· 1190, Ralph de Berners held of Roebert de Helion’s fee.
· 1203, Fulk de Lisours, brother of Hugh, was his attorney in a plea against Ralph de Berners, who claimed his wife’s dower in a certain mill. (S) Pubs. Northamptonshire, V2, 1927, P75.
· Sir William de Berners, of Berners Rothing, co. Essex; s/o Ralph de Berners [heir to his uncle Payne Burnel] & Isolda de Say; s/o Ralph de Berners & Nesta Burnel; s/o Hugh de Berners.
Child of Ralph and Maud:
- G28: 243394000 ApGruffydd-Gwynedd
- G28: 243393928 Mauduit-Senlis
- G28: 243393932 Newburg-Warren
- G28: 243393920 Beauchamp-Braose
- G28: 243383552 Berners-Barrow
- G28: 243382850 Duston-Erdington
- G28: 243382848 Grey
- G28: 243382624 Stafford-Corbet
- G28: 243382596 FitzJohn-Dunbar
- G28: 243382594 FitzRanulph-Percy
- G28: 243382592 Neville
- G28: 243382542 Gant
- G28: 243382540 Peter de Mauley
- G28: 243382536 Multon
- G28: 243382318 Auberville
- G28: 243382312 Leyburn-Turnham
- G28: 243382304 Say
- G28: 243382144 William Bardolf
- G28: 243381890 Beke-Grey
- G28: 243381888 Wileby
- G28: 243380824 Burgh-Lacy
- G28: 243378816 Lovel-Basset-Talbot
- G28: 243378400 Talbot-apRhys
- G28: 243377248 Pateshull
- G28: 243376346 Longespee-Ridelisford
- G28: 243376344 Zouche-Quincy
- G28: 243376322 Fortibus-Ferrers
- G28: 243369104 Cobham-FitzBenedict
- G28: 243368000 Esturmy
- G28: 243367952 Beauchamp-Mohun
- G28: 189135170 Camville-Basset
- G28: 189134934 Tracy-Brewes
- G28: 189127984 Pecche-Peverel
- G28: 189127106 Birkin
- G28: 189125342 Dreux-St.Valery
- G28: 189125340 Burgundy-Vergy
- G28: 189125124 d'Aubigny-Louvain
- G28: 189125120 Mowbray-Gaunt
- ▼ February (38)
- ► 2012 (418)
- ► 2011 (538)
- ► 2010 (1664)