Saturday, March 2, 2013
G28: 243397376 Mauduit-delaMar
12/19/1154, Henry II succeeded King Stephen of England.
~1165, Agnes born in England, d/o §Robert de la Mare & Aliza ?.
5/12/1172, Hampshire. Et item in corredio Regis … Et pro vi carettariis ad opus Regis liberatis Roberto Malduit et Hugoni de Kewilli £8 per breve Regis.
4/1173, The eldest 3 sons of King Henry rebelled against their father with the support of the mother, the queen.
7/1173, Et in liveracione nacis qua portavit thesaurum cum Roberto Malduit ad Oistreham 40s. per breve Ricardi de Luci.
7/8/1174, Wiltshire. Et Roberto Malduit £10 ad procurationem Regince per breve Regis [Queen Elianor was imprisoned in Wiltshire – Robert Malduit was her gaoler.]
12/1174, at Vaudreuil, Normandy. Robert Malduit attested a royal writ to Alan de Nevile and the King’s Foresters.
1175, In corredio Reginae £128. 13s. 6d. per breve Regis per testimonium Roberti Malduit.
1175, Warminster, previously held by William fitz Hamon, granted to Robert Mauduit. (S) History – Wiltshire, V8, 1965. [Robert also held estates in Buckinghamshire.]
9/1176, Relating to Queen Elianor and her imprisonment at Winchester – the Fermor of Winchester charges, - Et Robert Mauduit 56s. ad acquietanda corredia Reginae apud Wintoniam.
9/1179, Robert Malduit appointed sheriff of Wiltshire. (S) Lists and Indexes, V9, 1898, P112.
9/1180, Robert appointed sheriff of Wiltshire.
[1181, A relative of this Robert, also ‘Robert Maudit’, chamberlain of the King, wife Isabel, died without heirs. Some genealogies say this Robert was the brother of William Mauduit, the chamberlain.]
1181, Robert the sheriff of Wiltshire.
1182, Robert the sheriff of Wiltshire.
Robert married 2nd Agnes.
1183, Robert the sheriff of Wiltshire, imprisoned captured Oliver de Tracy [released in 1186.] (S) Bischofsmord Im Mittlalter, Fryde, 2003, P259.
1184, Robert the sheriff of Wiltshire.
1185, Robert the sheriff of Wiltshire. [Until Michaelmas.]
4/1187, Robert the sheriff of Wiltshire [ending half a year.]
By 1188, Robert Mauduit of Warminster granted the church of Shalden to Southwick priory. (S) Inst. of Historical Research, Vs49-50, 1976, P18.
9/3/1189, Richard I crowned king of England.
9/1189, Robert had arrears of his account of the Wiltshire manors of Bretford and Cumbe of £10 6s 7d.
1190, Robert holding the manor of Warminster, having paid a fine of £200, of which he had made payments of £3 2s 4d and £33 6s 8d.
9/1191, Robert charged with debts of 33 6s 8d.
1191, Robert died.
1193, Agnes’ father died. “Agneta de la Mare” made a fine for her relief of the land which had belonged to her father, Robert de la Mare, of whom she was the nearest heir.
4/25/1194, The King, at Portsmouth, confirmed the gift of Robert de la Mare and Agnes his daughter to Haughmond abbey.
Bef. 9/1194, Agnes married 2nd Ralph de Arderne, justiciar and sheriff of Herefordshire.
2/14/1195, Agnes and Ralph quitted all claim to Uffington, receiving 40 marks from the abbot.
By 1199, Agnes died.
· Agnes d/o Robert de la Mare; s/o Richard de la Mare & Emma de Pulverbatch [d/o Reginald]. 1256, William Mauduit, in a suit about Oxenbold with the prior of Wenlock, gave his title of descent: Robert de la Mare [Henry II], to Agnes his daughter and heir, to Thomas her son and heir, to Robert and Thomas his sons who died without issue, to William their brother, the present plaintiff.
· By 1172, Robert de la Mare had succeeded his father at Uffington.
· 1186, Robert de la Mare attested an act of Herbert de Castello.
· 1192, Robert de la Mare was with King Richard on crusade.
· 1193, On his return from crusading, Robert arrived at Benevento, Italy, where he became sick and died.
Child of Robert and Agnes:
- G29: 377996496 Lusignan-Racon
- G29: 325107712 Malet
- G29: 319838530 Blois-Normandy
- G29: 319834122 Montfort-Bardolf-Evreux
- G29: 319834120 Tosny-Evreux
- G29: 319832480 FitzJohn-FitzNigel
- G29: 319832448 Clare-Clermont
- G29: 319832118 Lancaster-Newburg
- G29: 319832116 Moreville-Beauchamp
- G29: 319832120 King David-Matilda-Earl Simon
- G29: 319832112 Galloway-Princess Elizabeth
- G29: 319832088 Montfort-Garlande
- G29: 319832086 FitzHamon-Montgomery
- G29: 319832070 Montgomery-laMarche
- G29: 319399468 Redvers-Peverel
- G29: 319832066 Peverel
- G29: Ferrers-Roberts
- G29: 319398656 Lovel-Huntingdon
- G29: Gael-Waer
- G29: 318232092 Beaumont-Vermandois-Warenne
- G29: 270190208 Vere-Montfort
- G29: 270188568 Malet-Mortimer
- G28: 243397376 Mauduit-delaMar
- G28: 243394012 Strange-Fusche
- G28: 243394002 Corbet-Pantulf
- ▼ March (25)
- ► 2012 (418)
- ► 2011 (538)
- ► 2010 (1664)