Saturday, March 9, 2013
Henry’s father was Walcheline, a Norman. [The surname comes from a small town in Gastenois in an area of iron mines.]
By 10/14/1066, Henry de Ferrers with William the Conquerer at the battle of Hastings. [Henry’s older brother William died at the battle.
10/25/1066, in London at Westminster, William crowned King of England.
1066, Henry created earl of Derby. (S) Political Index … Great Britain, V1, Beatson, 1788, P11.
1067, Henry castellan of Stafford granted lands in Berkshire and Wiltshire.
Henry settled at Tutbury castle.
1070, Henry given the wapentake of Appletree, Derbyshire.
1070, Henry built the castle of Burton. (S) Gentleman’s Mag., V134, 1823, P24.
1071, After the barons revolt against King William, Henry given the lands formerly of Siward Barn.
1076, Henry de Ferrers gave the church of Norbury to the monks of the priory of Tutbury. (S) The Denstonian, 1880, P58.
12/29/1076, Henry de Ferrers witnessed a royal grant of previleges. (S) Regesta Willelmi Conquistoris, Davis, 1913, P23.
1080-1, Henry and Berta gave the rectories of Broughton and Doveridge to the priory of Tutbury. (S) Dic. of the Church of England, Cutts, 1889, P371.
1085, Henry appointed a commission of the general survey of the kingdom. [Henry served with Remigius, bishop of Lincoln; Walter Giffard, earl of Buckingham; and Adam, brother of Eudo, the king’s steward.] (S) History of Normandy, Palgrave, 1864, P573.
1086, Henry the legatus on the West Midland Domesday survey. [Henry’s lordships besides the castle of Tutbury: Berks–20, Bucks–2, Derby–114, Essex–5, Gloucester–1, Hampshire–3, Hereford–2, Leicester–35, Lincoln–2, Northampton, Nottingham–3, Oxfordshire–7, Stafford–7, Warwick–6, Wilks–3.]
9/26/1087, William Rufus crowned King of England; succeeding William the Conqueror.
By 1088, Henry died.
(S) Domesday Studies, Eyton, 1881, P50. (S) The Conqueror and His Companions, Planche, 1874, P66.
Child of Henry and Betha:
- G29: 377996496 Lusignan-Racon
- G29: 325107712 Malet
- G29: 319838530 Blois-Normandy
- G29: 319834122 Montfort-Bardolf-Evreux
- G29: 319834120 Tosny-Evreux
- G29: 319832480 FitzJohn-FitzNigel
- G29: 319832448 Clare-Clermont
- G29: 319832118 Lancaster-Newburg
- G29: 319832116 Moreville-Beauchamp
- G29: 319832120 King David-Matilda-Earl Simon
- G29: 319832112 Galloway-Princess Elizabeth
- G29: 319832088 Montfort-Garlande
- G29: 319832086 FitzHamon-Montgomery
- G29: 319832070 Montgomery-laMarche
- G29: 319399468 Redvers-Peverel
- G29: 319832066 Peverel
- G29: Ferrers-Roberts
- G29: 319398656 Lovel-Huntingdon
- G29: Gael-Waer
- G29: 318232092 Beaumont-Vermandois-Warenne
- G29: 270190208 Vere-Montfort
- G29: 270188568 Malet-Mortimer
- G28: 243397376 Mauduit-delaMar
- G28: 243394012 Strange-Fusche
- G28: 243394002 Corbet-Pantulf
- ▼ March (25)
- ► 2012 (418)
- ► 2011 (538)
- ► 2010 (1664)