Thursday, May 16, 2013
G29: 486764288 Bardolf-Warren
~1145, Dodo Bardulf born in England, s/o 973528576. Baron Thomas Bardulf & 973528577. Rose Hanselyn.
12/19/1154, Henry II succeeded King Stephen of England.
1168, Doun Bardulf holding 1 knight’s fee of the new feofment. [His father Thomas obtained from William, brother of King Henry II, the Lordship of Bradewell by service of 1 knight’s fee.] (S) Magni Rotuli Scacarii, Stapleton, 1844, P216.
~1170, Beatrice born in England, heir & d/o 973528578. William de Warren & 973528579. Beatrix de Pierrepont.
4/1173, Doon and his brother Thomas, and their father, kept fealty with King Henry II when Henry the Young King rebelled with his brothers against the King.
7/1173, Doon Bardolf, with his brother Thomas, defend Driencourt against a siege by Prince Henry and his brothers, who were aided by the Philip of Alsace, Count of Flanders and [his brother] Matthew of Alsace, Count of Boulogne. [The Count of Boulogne died after the siege from a crossbow wound.]
7/21/1173, Thomas and Doun surrendered the castle.
12/1182, Doun Bardolf a member of the assizes of Christmas Court at Caen, France. (S) Feudal Assessments, Keefe, 1983, P104.
1/14/1185, Doon Bardolf gave an annual rent of 4 marks of silver out of his manor of Fillingham to Blanchelande abbey, diocese of Constances. (S) Camden Society, V34, 1968, P41.
1188, Doon’s father died. Doon and his brother Thomas both succeeding to lands.
[Undated] ‘Willielmus de Warenna’ donated property to St Mary Overey Priory; Southwark, for the souls of ‘patris mei Reginaldi et matris meæ Aliciæ et Beatricis uxoris meæ et Reginaldi filii nostri et Beatricis et Isabellæ filiarum nostrarum.’
9/3/1189, Richard I succeeded King Henry II of England.
~1190, Doun married Beatrice acquiring the barony of Wormegay, Norfolk; with 29 knights’ fees at his court at Shelford. (S) Battle Abbey Roll, V1, 1889, P59.
1194, Doun Bardolf of Stoke. (S) English Place-Name Society, 1940, P178.
1196-7, ‘Dohun Bardulf’ paying ‘xliii s’ in Warwickshire, Leicestershire. (S) FMG.
1198, Doon Bardolf succeeded to his brother’s lands for a fine of 500 marks.
5/27/1199, John succeeded King Richard I of England.
1201-2, John Russell gave 50 marks for licence to marry Rohesia, the sister of Doun Bardolf. (S) House of Russel, Wiffen, 1833, P104.
1202, Doon Bardouf rendered on the account of 500 marks owed on his inheritance: 75 to Richard de Sanfort owed, 25 to Elyas Bernardi of the King’s privy chamber, 15 to Walter Ely to buy corn, Sawale son of Henry 66 marks for the works of the castle of La Roche.
4/6/1203, Letter from King John to Doun Bardulf stating that the king had become mainpernor for John de Preaux, who wanted the wardship of the son and heir of Doun.
1203, Doun died.
7/29/1203, King John granted custody of ‘heredem Dun Bard’ to ‘Waltero de Sancto Joh militi.’ (S) FMG.
1204, King John seized ‘Bradewell, terra que fuit Dooni Bardulf det modo est Willelmi Bacon et Roberti de Sancto Remigio.’
Aft. 1205, ‘Beatrix filia Willielmi de Warenna’ confirmed her father´s donation of property to St Mary Overey Priory, for the souls of ‘fratris mei Reginaldi cuius corpus ibi requiescit.’
9/1208, Beatrice paid 3100 marks to the king for livery of her father’s lands and a reasonable dowery from the lands of Doun Bardolf, her late husband, and that she would not be compelled to marry again.
1209, Beatrice made a payment on the fine of 1208.
1209-10, Beatrice married 2nd Hubert de Burgh. [No surviving children.]
Bef. 12/18/1214, Beatrice died.
(S) A Gen. and Heraldic Dictionary, Burke, 1831, P25. (S) DNB, P832. (S) Magni Rotuli Scaccarii Normanniae, Stapleton, P225ff. (S) Court, Household and Itinerary of King Henry II, Eyton, 1878, P175.
7/22/1227, A fine by Hubert de Burgh for Beatrice de Warenna late his wife, by whom he had children, to have the lands of William de Warenna, her father, and her dower of the lands of Dodo Bardolf, formerly her husband. (S) FMG.
Children of Doun and Beatrice:
i. Doun Bardolf, born ? in England.
1201, Doun living.
By 1203, Doun died [near the same time as his father; his brother William succeeding.]
ii. Rohesia Bardolf (67112065), born ~1175 in England.
1201-2, John Russell gave 50 marks for licence to marry Rohesia, the sister of Doun Bardolf. (S) House of Russel, Wiffen, 1833, P104.iii. William Bardolf (243382144), born ~1195 in England.
- G29: 486752696 Seagrave-Despenser
- G29: 486787856 Mauduit-Hanslope
- G29: 486765702 Erdington-Cokefield
- G29: 486765256 Somery-d'Aubigny-Chaucombe-Seagrave...
- G29: 486765250 Corbet-Valletort
- G29: 486765248 Stafford-Ferrers
- G29: 486765194 Dunbar-Brus
- G29: 486765192 FitzRobert-Balliol
- G29: 486765190 Percy-Briwere-Baliol
- G29: 486765188 FitzRobert-Bigod
- G29: 486765080 Mauley-Turnham
- G29: 486764626 Turnham-Broc
- G29: 486764288 Bardolf-Warren
- G29: 486757632 William Lovel
- G29: 486756384 Mohun-FtizPiers
- G29: 486754496 Pateshull-Braybrooke
- G29: 486735904 Robert de Beauchamp
- G29: 486728262 Waleran-Longespee
- G29: 378270342 Basset-Courtenay
- G29: 378270340 Camvill-Haye
- G29: 378269868 Tracy-Torrington
- G29: 378251846. King Donald of Scotland
- G29: 378250680 Burgundy-Lorraine
- G29: 378236600 Hohenstaufen-Bavaria
- G29: 378250250 Brabant-Chiny-Burgundy
- G28: 189110424 Brabant-Sulzbach
- G27: 94555212 Louvain-Limbourg-Loon
- G29: 378250248 D'Aubigny-Bigod
- G29: 378250240 Albini-Gourney
- G29: 378236702 King Dermot Mac Murchada
- G29: 378236700 Clare-Beaumont
- G29: 378236684 Eu-Albini
- G29: 378236672 Bohun-Gloucester
- G29: 378236486 Talvas-Burgundy
- ▼ May (34)
- ► 2012 (418)
- ► 2011 (538)
- ► 2010 (1664)