Wednesday, May 29, 2013
G29: 486765702 Erdington-Cokefield
1160, Thomas born in England, s/o §William de Erdington, s/o §Henry de Erdington of Warwick.
9/3/1189, Richard I succeeded King Henry II of England.
1197, A release from marriage of Thomas de Erdington witnessed by ‘Willelmo filio Alani, Hugone Pantolfe, Roberto Corbet, Johanne Extraneo, Radulfo Basset … William Bagot.’ (S) FMG.
1198-99, Thomas de Erdington deputy-sheriff in Staffordshire under Geoffrey Fitz Piers.
5/27/1199, John crowned king of England.
1200, Ralph de Someri granted Ashton manor to Thomas. (S) A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848, PP100-4.
1204, Thomas de Erdington in dispute over Ashton with John de Montagu. (S) Victoria History – Warwick, V7, 1964, P60.
1205, Thomas appointed bailiff or substitute to Geoffrey fitz Piers. (S) Peerages of England.
1207, Thomas made the Sheriff of Shropshire by King John [served until he died]. (S) The History of the Worthies of England, Fuller, 1840, P70.
9/1207, Thomas the sheriff of Staffordshire. (S) Antiquities of Shropshire, Vs3-4, Eyton, 1856, P79.
11/26/1208, Charter of King John to St. Andrew’s Wells … Test: … Thomas de Erdington. (S) Reports of the Royal Commission, 1885, P4.
1209, King John sent an embassy to Spain consisting of a priest known as Robert of London and 2 knights, one being Thomas de Erdington.
2/1210, King John, sending Thomas of Erdington to the papal Curia [Rome], paid Thomas 100£ for the passage. (S) English Historical Review, V110, 1995, P285.
1212, King John granted Wellington to Thomas “as a reward for services rendered in Rome at the time of the Interdict.”
8/2/1212, Thomas, William Briwere, and Alan Basset, part of a council acting on King John’s behalf, approved the taking of 4 Welsh castles by Robert de Vipont. (S) The History of the Princes, the Lords Marcher, Lloyd, 1881, P160.
1213, King John transferred custody of the lands and marriage of the Agatha, widow of Adam de Cockfield, from Geoffrey fitz Peter [deceased] to Thomas de Erdington. (S) Sherington, Chimbnall, 1965, P44.
1213, Henry de Vere a surety of £3000 of the estate of his cousin, William fitz Alan, to Thomas de Erdington, Custos. (S) Transactions – Bristol and Gloucester, V12, 1888, P267.
9/24/1213, Thomas de Erdington was ordered to let William de Ferrers, Earl of Derby, have four pigs, which John le Strange had fed for his own use. (S) LeStrange Records, 1916, P73.
1214, Thomas sent by King John on a secret embassy to Admiralius Murmelius, king of Africa and Spain.
7/1214, Thomas acquired the Lordship of Hen Domen for 5000 marks, and married his daughter to the heir, William Fitz-Alan [died 1215]. [Sale confirmed by King John.]
7/11/1214, Thomas was assigned the lands and marriage of William FitzAlan that had been seized by King John because he was a minor. [Thomas was father-in-law of William FitzAlan, elder brother of John FitzAlan.] (S) The History of Ludlow and Its Neighbourhood, Wright, 1852, P143.
4/1215, Thomas de Erdington, sheriff of Shropshire, at the request of King John asked to name barons in Shropshire that had remained true to the crown. [Thomas named 4.]
1215, Thomas wrote a letter to King John referring to the death at Easter of his daughter Mary’s husband.
1215, Messengers Thomas de Erdington and Henry de Ver dispatched by the King to William de St. John, constable of Southampton castle. (S) History of Southampton, Davies, 1883, P78.
6/15/1215 at Runnymead, King John forced to sign the Magna Carta.
8/1215, Thomas was assigned to make a “an extent” on the manor of Budiford in Warwickshire. (S) The Judges of England, Foss, 1848, P445.
By 1216, Thomas became a monk. King John gave Hen Domen to Gwenwynwyn, Prince of Powys and a new Sheriff of Shropsire was assigned. Much of the honour of Montgomery was given to William de Cantilupe.
10/28/1216, Henry III, age 9, crowned king of England.
3/20/1218, Thomas died.
1227, Roese, widow of Thomas de Erdington, disposed of her dower in Shawbury. Besford, and Little Withyford. (S) Antiquities of Shropshire, V8, Eyton, 1859, P72.
(S) Antiquities of Shropshire, Eyton, 1858, P250.
i. Mary Erdington (243382851), born ~1185 in England.
- G29: 486752696 Seagrave-Despenser
- G29: 486787856 Mauduit-Hanslope
- G29: 486765702 Erdington-Cokefield
- G29: 486765256 Somery-d'Aubigny-Chaucombe-Seagrave...
- G29: 486765250 Corbet-Valletort
- G29: 486765248 Stafford-Ferrers
- G29: 486765194 Dunbar-Brus
- G29: 486765192 FitzRobert-Balliol
- G29: 486765190 Percy-Briwere-Baliol
- G29: 486765188 FitzRobert-Bigod
- G29: 486765080 Mauley-Turnham
- G29: 486764626 Turnham-Broc
- G29: 486764288 Bardolf-Warren
- G29: 486757632 William Lovel
- G29: 486756384 Mohun-FtizPiers
- G29: 486754496 Pateshull-Braybrooke
- G29: 486735904 Robert de Beauchamp
- G29: 486728262 Waleran-Longespee
- G29: 378270342 Basset-Courtenay
- G29: 378270340 Camvill-Haye
- G29: 378269868 Tracy-Torrington
- G29: 378251846. King Donald of Scotland
- G29: 378250680 Burgundy-Lorraine
- G29: 378236600 Hohenstaufen-Bavaria
- G29: 378250250 Brabant-Chiny-Burgundy
- G28: 189110424 Brabant-Sulzbach
- G27: 94555212 Louvain-Limbourg-Loon
- G29: 378250248 D'Aubigny-Bigod
- G29: 378250240 Albini-Gourney
- G29: 378236702 King Dermot Mac Murchada
- G29: 378236700 Clare-Beaumont
- G29: 378236684 Eu-Albini
- G29: 378236672 Bohun-Gloucester
- G29: 378236486 Talvas-Burgundy
- ▼ May (34)
- ► 2012 (418)
- ► 2011 (538)
- ► 2010 (1664)