Tuesday, June 11, 2013
G30: 650215424 Gilbert Malet
~1050, Gilbert born in France, s/o 1300430848. William Malet & 1300430849. Heselia Crispin.
3/20/1066, Haley’s comet appeard in the sky at its closest point to earth, and was interpreted as an evil omen.
10/14/1066, Gilbert at the battle of Hastings [indirect evidence from the fact that he held land in the Domesday survey under his brother Robert.]
10/25/1066, William I crowned King of England
1069, Gilbert, with his father, mother and sister, were among the few spared by the Danes and English from the slaughter of the garrison the Castle of York.
~1071, Gilbert’s father died; his older brother Robert succeeding.
1072, Gilbert’s mother died.
Gilbert [probably] married either a sister or a d/o Roger de Corcelle, and his son Robert inherited the property of his mother. (S) Previous land ownership of Roger: now known as “Shepton Mallet” and “Curry Mallet”; & Gilbert’s change in Coat of Arms – which usually went with the acquisition of property through an heiress.
1086, Gilbert is listed in the Domesday Book, which was completed in this year. He holds land under his brother Robert. Hubert de Malet also holds land in the same village as Gilbert. The Malet’s hold no land in Somerset.
(S) Notices of an English Branch of the Malet Family, Arthur Malet, 1885, PP68-72, App. B2, FF, GG.
· Gilbert is named in his sister Beatrice Malet’s gift of Radingfield to the Monastery of Eye.
Child of Gilbert and ?:
- G30: 973530162 Thornham-Fossard
- G30: 973528578 Warenne-Pierrepont
- G30: 973528576 Bardulf-Hanselyn
- G30: 973515264 William Lovel
- G30: 973512768 Mohun-Brewer
- G30: 756539736 Oliver de Tracy
- G30: 378220820 Lorraine-Flandre-Formbach-Louvain
- G30: 756501362 Lorraine-Hohenstaufen
- G30: 756501360 Burgundy-Blois
- G30: 756500480 Albini-Mowbray
- G30: 756473368 Eu-Sulli
- G30: 756473352 Mandeville-Vere-Beauchamp
- G30: 756472974 Burgundy-Bourgogne
- G30: 756472972 Belleme-Ponthieu
- G30: 756441724 Boulogne-Lotharingia
- G30: 756441640 Flanders-Saxony-Holland
- G30: 756441482 Savoy-Burgundy
- G30: 756441250 King Alfonso of Castile and Leon
- Medieval Genealogically-Relevant Definitions
- G30: 756441248 Burgundy-Vienne
- G30: 756441102 Aetheling-Hungary
- G30: 756441100 King Duncan Mac Crinain
- G30: 756441098 Flanders-Capet
- G30: 756441096 Normandy-Falaise
- G30: 650215424 Gilbert Malet
- G30: 639677060 Blois-Maine
- G30: 639664896 Clare-Giffard
- G30: 639664244 Warenne-Flanders
- G30: 639664242 Northumberland-Lens
- G30: 639664140 Montgomery-Tavas
- G30: 638797314 Edgar Atheling
- G30: 638797312 Ivry-Meulan
- G30: 636464188 Gael-Hereford
- G30: 636464186 France-Vermandois
- G30: 636464184 Beaumont-Meulan
- G29: 486788024 John le Strange
- G29: 486787864 Newburgh-Perche
- G29: 486787858 Senlis-Beaumont
- ▼ June (38)
- ► 2012 (418)
- ► 2011 (538)
- ► 2010 (1664)