Tuesday, June 25, 2013
G30: 756539736 Oliver de Tracy
~1130, Oliver born in Devonshire, England, s/o §Henry de Tracy & Hawise ?.
12/22/1135, Stephen crowned king of England.
1146, ‘Henricus de Traci … cum filio meo Olivero’ donated property to Barnstaple Priory.
12/19/1154, Henry II succeeded King Stephen of England.
1164-5, Oliver’s father died.
1165, Oliver de Tracy [I] charged scutage on 25 knights’ fees.
1166, Oliver de Tracy held 23.5 fees of the honor of Barnstaple. [Oliver accounts for £16 13s 4d on 25 fees of the honour of Barnstaple. (S) Reports and Transactions, V29, 1897, P487. [Henry de Champernoun held Coryton of Oliver de Tracy. Roger de Champeaux held of Oliver de Tracy.]
1167-8, ‘Oliverus de Traci’ owing ‘.D. m p parte sua de Honore de Barnestapl’ in Devonshire.
1168, Oliver returned 30.5 knights’ fees.
1172, ‘Oliverus de Tracieio’ with 1 knight ‘de vicecomitatu de Cerenciis’ and 4 knights in his own service, holding enfeoffments in the duchy of Normandy.
1176-7, ‘Oliverus de Traci … pro parte sua de honore de Berdestapl’ in Devonshire.
1178, Oliver de Traci accounted for £232 19s 8d for his part of the Honour of Barnstaple. (S) Report and Transactins – Devonshire, V37, 1905, P428.
1183, Oliver’s son Oliver imprisoned [he would be released in 1186.]
1184, Oliver died. (S) Report and Transactins – Devonshire, V34, 1902, P729.
(S) Foundation for Medieval Genealogy.
· 1110, William de Tracy witnessed a charter with Rohesia, his wife, and three children Turgis, Henry, and Gieve. [This family is not ancestral to William de Tracy, one of the murderers of Thomas Becket, archbishop of Canterbury.] William became a monk the same year at Mont Saint-Michel.
· Henry de Tracy succeeded his father William.
· 1139, Henry de Tracy put down the insurrection of William de Mohun, capturing 104 of William’s knights in calvary engagement. (S) War and Chivalry, Strickland, 1996, P195. [King Stephen bestowed part of the honor of Barnstaple on Henry de Tracy, who was succeeded by his son Oliver.]
· 1146, Henry de Tracy confirmed a grant to St. Martin by Juhel of Totnes [Henry a grandson of Jehuel]; who at the time shared the fief with Philip de Braose [son-in-law of Juhel.] (S) Report & Transactions of Devonshire, 1902, P728.
· 1153, Henry de Traci, lord of Barnstaple, Devonshire, an adherent of King Stephen, marched to Kary and besieged William de Mohun at his castle. Henry’s siege was broken by forces of Robert, earl of Gloucester. (S) History and Antiquities of Somersetshire, V1, Phelps, P379.
Child of Oliver and ?:
- G30: 973530162 Thornham-Fossard
- G30: 973528578 Warenne-Pierrepont
- G30: 973528576 Bardulf-Hanselyn
- G30: 973515264 William Lovel
- G30: 973512768 Mohun-Brewer
- G30: 756539736 Oliver de Tracy
- G30: 378220820 Lorraine-Flandre-Formbach-Louvain
- G30: 756501362 Lorraine-Hohenstaufen
- G30: 756501360 Burgundy-Blois
- G30: 756500480 Albini-Mowbray
- G30: 756473368 Eu-Sulli
- G30: 756473352 Mandeville-Vere-Beauchamp
- G30: 756472974 Burgundy-Bourgogne
- G30: 756472972 Belleme-Ponthieu
- G30: 756441724 Boulogne-Lotharingia
- G30: 756441640 Flanders-Saxony-Holland
- G30: 756441482 Savoy-Burgundy
- G30: 756441250 King Alfonso of Castile and Leon
- Medieval Genealogically-Relevant Definitions
- G30: 756441248 Burgundy-Vienne
- G30: 756441102 Aetheling-Hungary
- G30: 756441100 King Duncan Mac Crinain
- G30: 756441098 Flanders-Capet
- G30: 756441096 Normandy-Falaise
- G30: 650215424 Gilbert Malet
- G30: 639677060 Blois-Maine
- G30: 639664896 Clare-Giffard
- G30: 639664244 Warenne-Flanders
- G30: 639664242 Northumberland-Lens
- G30: 639664140 Montgomery-Tavas
- G30: 638797314 Edgar Atheling
- G30: 638797312 Ivry-Meulan
- G30: 636464188 Gael-Hereford
- G30: 636464186 France-Vermandois
- G30: 636464184 Beaumont-Meulan
- G29: 486788024 John le Strange
- G29: 486787864 Newburgh-Perche
- G29: 486787858 Senlis-Beaumont
- ▼ June (38)
- ► 2012 (418)
- ► 2011 (538)
- ► 2010 (1664)