Friday, June 28, 2013
G30: 973528578 Warenne-Pierrepont
~1145, William born in England, s/o 1947057156. Reginald de Warrenne & 1947057157. Alice de Wormegay.
12/19/1154, Henry II succeeded King Stephen of England.
Bef. 1179, ‘Reginaldus de Warenna” donated property to St Mary Overey Priory; Southwark, with the consent of “Aliciæ uxoris meæ et Willielmi filii mei”, for the souls of “Isabellæ comitissæ dominæ meæ … Willielmi comitis Warennæ fratris mei … Willielmi de Wormengay patris Aliciæ uxoris meæ.’
1179, William’s father died.
1180, William de Warenne accounted for the fines of his parents. (S) Honors and Knight’s Fees, Farrer, 1925, P323.
[Undated] ‘Willielmus de Warenna’ donated property to St Mary Overey Priory; Southwark, for the souls of ‘patris mei Reginaldi et matris meæ Aliciæ et Beatricis uxoris meæ et Reginaldi filii nostri et Beatricis et Isabellæ filiarum nostrarum.’
1086, William de Warenne held land in Hillington, Freebridge hundred, Norfolk. (S) Honors and Knight’s Fees, Farrer, 1925, P442.
9/3/1189, Richard I succeeded King Henry II of England.
12/21/1192, Returning from crusading, King Richard was captured near Vienna. [The time of “Robin Hood”.]
1193-94, William a justice itinerant in the counties of Essex and Hertford.
3/12/1194, King Richard, having been released on “a king’s ransom”, landed at Sandwich.
1194, William given custody of the honor of Gloucester [until 1196.]
1194, William given custody of the heir of Hugh de Chandos for a 40 mark fine.
1194-5, William de Warenne a keeper of Bristol castle. (S) Accounts of the Constables of Bristol Castle, Sharp, 1982, P78.
1195, Warenne served as a royal justice at Oxford.
1195-1200, William a justicar at the Curia Regis at Westminster.
1196, William de Warenne of Wormegay [a cousin of Earl Warenne], appointed the Chief Justice of the Jewish Exchequer. (S) Christians and Jews in Angevin England, Jones, 2013, P123. [William would hold this position until his death.]
1198-99, William served as an itinerant justice.
5/27/1199, John succeeded King Richard I of England.
William, for a 500 mark fine, married 2nd Milicent ?, widow of Richard Muntfichet, lord of Stansted, Essex.
1199-1200, William served as an itinerant justice.
11/13/1203, William d Hastings owed a debt of £100 sterling to the Jews which was acquitted by William de Warenne who bought the debt. [This allowed him access to his mortgaged lands.]
3/28/1204, “The King … to William de Warren, G. de Norwich, T. de Neville [Justiciaries of the Jews] …” (S) King John of England, Chadwick, 1865, P219.
5/5/1204, ““The King … to William de Warren … guardians of the Jews … we have granted to Robert Agulun …” (S) King John of England, Chadwick, 1865, P219.
Bef. 9/1208, William died; his daughter Beatrice his heir. (S) Synopsis of the Peerage of England, 1825, P675.
(S) DNB, P832. (S) Foundation for Medieval Genealogy. (S) Biographia Juridicia, Foss, 1870, P705.
Children of William and Beatrice:
Bef. 1205, Reginald died; his sister his heiress.
[Undated] ‘Beatrix filia Willielmi de Warenna’ confirmed her father´s donation of property to St Mary Overey Priory, for the souls of ‘fratris mei Reginaldi cuius corpus ibi requiescit.’
- G30: 973530162 Thornham-Fossard
- G30: 973528578 Warenne-Pierrepont
- G30: 973528576 Bardulf-Hanselyn
- G30: 973515264 William Lovel
- G30: 973512768 Mohun-Brewer
- G30: 756539736 Oliver de Tracy
- G30: 378220820 Lorraine-Flandre-Formbach-Louvain
- G30: 756501362 Lorraine-Hohenstaufen
- G30: 756501360 Burgundy-Blois
- G30: 756500480 Albini-Mowbray
- G30: 756473368 Eu-Sulli
- G30: 756473352 Mandeville-Vere-Beauchamp
- G30: 756472974 Burgundy-Bourgogne
- G30: 756472972 Belleme-Ponthieu
- G30: 756441724 Boulogne-Lotharingia
- G30: 756441640 Flanders-Saxony-Holland
- G30: 756441482 Savoy-Burgundy
- G30: 756441250 King Alfonso of Castile and Leon
- Medieval Genealogically-Relevant Definitions
- G30: 756441248 Burgundy-Vienne
- G30: 756441102 Aetheling-Hungary
- G30: 756441100 King Duncan Mac Crinain
- G30: 756441098 Flanders-Capet
- G30: 756441096 Normandy-Falaise
- G30: 650215424 Gilbert Malet
- G30: 639677060 Blois-Maine
- G30: 639664896 Clare-Giffard
- G30: 639664244 Warenne-Flanders
- G30: 639664242 Northumberland-Lens
- G30: 639664140 Montgomery-Tavas
- G30: 638797314 Edgar Atheling
- G30: 638797312 Ivry-Meulan
- G30: 636464188 Gael-Hereford
- G30: 636464186 France-Vermandois
- G30: 636464184 Beaumont-Meulan
- G29: 486788024 John le Strange
- G29: 486787864 Newburgh-Perche
- G29: 486787858 Senlis-Beaumont
- ▼ June (38)
- ► 2012 (418)
- ► 2011 (538)
- ► 2010 (1664)