Wednesday, July 17, 2013
G31: 1521882496 Burgundy-Normandy
986, Renaud I [Reginald] born, s/o §Otto-William, Count of Burgundy & Ermentrude de Roucy.
10/24/996, Robert II, the pious, succeeded as King of France.
1004, A donation by ‘Otto comes cognomento Willelmus’ with ‘filii eius Rainaldi.’
~1005, Adelais, d/o 1512882192. Duke Richard II of Normandy & 1512882193. Judith de Bretagne.
Rainald’s mother [apparently] died.
1015, ‘Otto comes et uxor mea Adila’ donated property to Saint-Vincent de Mâcon subscribed by ‘Rainaldi filii sui.’
[–––Rainauld & Adelais–––]
Bef. 9/1/1016, Rainald married Adelais.
11/2/1023, ‘Otto comes qui nominatur Willelmus’ issued a charter subscribed by ‘Raynardi comitis, Adheleydis uxoris eius.’
1023-5, ‘Rainaldus trans Saonæ fluvium Burgundionum comes’ was imprisoned by ‘Cabilonensi comite … Hugone’ at Milinandum castle.
1025-6, Richard, duke of Normandy, intervened on behalf of his son-in-law Renaud de Bourgogne, who had been imprisoned by Hugues de Chalon, by sending troops to devastate Chalon and procure his release.
9/21/1026, Renaud I, succeeded his father as Count of Burgundy.
1029, ‘Reinaldus comes filius Ottonis cognomento Vuilelmi … Yrmengardis coniugis’ donated property ecclesiam sancti Nicolai vallis iuxta Poliniacum’ to Cluny, confirmed by ‘Rodulfus rex’ [King of Burgundy].
1030, ‘Raynaldi comitis, Adheleys uxoris eius’ subscribed the charter by which ‘Robertus regis Roberti filius et regis Henrici filii eius germanus … Burgundie Dux’ restored property to Cluny.
7/20/1031, Henry I became King of France on the death of his father.
1032, King Rudolf III of Burgundy died. Rainauld supported Emperor Conrad II against Eudes, comte de Blois, over control of Burgundy.
Rainauld married 2nd Judith ?.
5/18/1037, ‘Raginaldus comes comitis Guillelmi filius’ donated property to the abbey of Flavigny, subscribed by ‘Iudid comitisse uxoris eius.’
1038, Count Rainald of Burgundy, when other counts of of Burgundy gathered in solothurn to offer homage to Conrad II and Henry III; chose to be at the court of French Duke Robert I of Burgundy. (S) Conrad II, Wolfram, 2006, P243.
5/24/1040, Count Rainald killed in battle against Duke Robert of Burgundy over control of Auxerre. (S) Robert the Burgundian, Jessee, P21.
(S) Foundation for Medieval Genealogy.
· Otto-William, s/o Adalbert, King of Italy.
· 980, Otto-William married Ermentrude, widow of the Count of Macon, d/o §Renaud of Roucy.
· 990. Otto-William, Count of Nevers and Macon.
· 4/1003, King Robert of France, supported by Richard, count of Normandy, invaded Burgundy, vying with Otto-William [step-son of Duke Henry]. They laid siege to Auxerre [unsuccessfully] into the summer. Otto-William received the duchy of Burgundy from his step-father, Duke Henry Capet, brother of King Hugh Capet.
· 1016, Otto-William revolted against Emperor Henry II of Germany.
· Daughters of Otto-William & Ermentrude [sisters of Rainauld]: Gerberge married William III of Provence; Agnes married 1st William V of Aquitaine, and 2nd Geoffrey I Martel, Comte d’Anjou.
Children of Rainald and Adelais:
1046, Guy tried to capture Duke Guillaume [future William the Conqueror] with the help of Néel de Saint-Sauveur, Renouf vicomte de Bayeux and Haimon le Dentu, but was forced to flee.
1047, Guy defeated at the battle of Val-lès-Dunes.
1047-50, Guy besieged at this castle for 3 years.
Guy sought refuge with Geoffroy, comte d’Anjou; then returned to Burgundy where he continually plotted to dispossess his brother.
Aft. 1069, Guy died.
- G3: Bond 6 Bond-Cochran
- G33: 6051528792 Duke Hugh of France
- G32: 3025764398 Arles-Provence-Anjou
- G32: 3025764396 Hugh Capet, King of France
- G32: 3025764392 Arnulf II of Flanders
- G32: 3025764384 Duke Richard I of Normandy
- G32: 2558708240 Blois-Bourgogne
- G32: 2545856746 Yaroslav I, Grand Prince of Kiev
- G32: 2555189250 Breteuil-Montfort
- G31: 1947060760 Louvain-Percy
- G31: 1947060754 Glanville-Valoines
- G31: 1947057156 Warren-Wormegay
- G31: 1947025536 William III de Mohun
- G31: 1521882496 Burgundy-Normandy
- G31: 1513002720 Duke Hugh of Burgundy
- G31: 1512946706 de Vere-FitzRichard
- G31: 1512945948 Henry of Burgundy
- G31: 1512883450 Duke Godfrey of Lorraine
- G31: 1512883448 Boulogne-Louvain
- G31: 1512882502 Duke Robert of Burgundy
- G31: 1512882500 King Fernando of Castile and Leon
- G31: 1512882198 King Robert of France
- G31: 1512882196 Count Baldwin IV of Flanders
- G31: 1512882192 Duke Richard of Normandy
- G31: 1512882176 Fulk Nerra of Anjou
- G31: 1300430848 Malet-Crispin
- G31: 1279354120 Count Odo of Blois
- G31: 1277594624 Gouel-Breteuil
- G31: 1272928378 FitzOsbern-Tony
- G31: 1272928374 Vermandois-Valois
- G31: 1272928372 King Henry I of France
- G30: 973530514 d'Aubigny-Chester
- G30: 973530512 Somery-Paganel
- G30: 973530388 Dunbar-Scotland
- G30: 973530380 Percy-Brus
- G30: 973530376 FitzRalph-Glanville
- ▼ July (36)
- ► 2012 (418)
- ► 2011 (538)
- ► 2010 (1664)