Wednesday, July 17, 2013
G31: 1947025536 William III de Mohun
[–––William II & Goldholde–––]
William II married Goldhold who brought him the manor of Brinkley, Cambridgeshire. (S) Feudal Cambridgeshire, Farrer, 1920, P115.
~1140, William III born in England, s/o §Earl William II de Mohun, earl of Somerset & Goldholde ?.
1141 at Winchester, William created Earl of Dorset by Empress Matilda.
1142, ‘Willielmus de Moyne comes Somersetensis’ founded Bruton priory in Somerset; witnessed by ‘Willielmo filio meo, Henrico, Juwanno, Petro, et Ricardo clericis.’
1160, ‘William de Moyon’ donated tithes to Troarn abbey; witnessed by ‘God[eholda] uxore mea et Willelmo filio meo.’
~1164, William II married Lucy.
1166, ‘Willelmi de Moiun’ holding 44 knights’ fees in Somerset. (S) Journal – British Arch. Assoc., V12, 1856, P316.
1167-8, ‘Willelmus de Moyn xli m, de nov ii m’ in Dorset and Somerset.
1172, ‘Willelmus de Moiun’ with 5 knights, and 11 knights in his own service, in enfeoffments in the duchy of Normandy.
1176, William’s grandmother Agnes died.
1177-93, ‘William de Moyon’ donated the churches of Moyon and Taissy to the canons of Briweton to hold after the decease of his brother Thomas.
1177-93, Confirmation ... to Robert, bishop of Bath, by William de Moyun … gift, for the souls of William his father, Agnes his mother, …
William II died.
[–––William III & Lucy–––]
Bef. 1186, William’s mother Godeholde died.
1186, ‘William de Moion’ granted tithes of his mills of Moion, Tesseium and Belcodreium to the Holy Trinity of Luzerne, for the soul of ‘his mother Godeheut’, witnessed by ‘Willelmo de Sancto Johanne, Gaufrido [Reginald] et Johanne et Roberto de Moion.’
Beef. 1193, Confirmation by William de Moyun of grants made by his grandfather, Earl William, his father William … Testibus :- Lucia uxore mea, …
Bef. 1193, Confirmation by William de Moyun of grants made to the canons of Bruton … testibus :- Lucia uxore mea, Willelmo filio meo et herede, Ricardo de Moyun …
10/1193, William III died.
1198, ‘Will de Traceio … Lucia de Moon’ both paid rent on part of ‘terre de Moon.’
1201, ‘Lucea de Moyun’ paid a fine for ‘feud vii mil’ in Cambridgeshire. [Paid 20 marks and accounted for 7 knights’ fees. (S) Journal – British Arch. Assoc., V12, 1856, P316.]
1203, ‘Lucia de Moon […terre de Moon]… Will de Traceio … versus Oliv de Traceio’ all paid rent in ‘Ballia Constancien’ in Normandy.
~1204, Confirmation by Reginald de Moyun at the prayers of his mother … to the canons of Bruton … testibus:- Lucia matre mea, …
(S) Two Cartularies – Priory of Bruton, 1894, P239.
· William II de Mohun s/o §William I de Mohun & Agnes de Gand.
· 1201, John de Moun [brother of William III] proffers 20m for seisin of his land of Brinkele, which his brother William gave him, but had been seized into the king’s hands. (S) Feudal Cambridgeshire, Farrer, 1920, P115.
Child of William and Lucy:
- G3: Bond 6 Bond-Cochran
- G33: 6051528792 Duke Hugh of France
- G32: 3025764398 Arles-Provence-Anjou
- G32: 3025764396 Hugh Capet, King of France
- G32: 3025764392 Arnulf II of Flanders
- G32: 3025764384 Duke Richard I of Normandy
- G32: 2558708240 Blois-Bourgogne
- G32: 2545856746 Yaroslav I, Grand Prince of Kiev
- G32: 2555189250 Breteuil-Montfort
- G31: 1947060760 Louvain-Percy
- G31: 1947060754 Glanville-Valoines
- G31: 1947057156 Warren-Wormegay
- G31: 1947025536 William III de Mohun
- G31: 1521882496 Burgundy-Normandy
- G31: 1513002720 Duke Hugh of Burgundy
- G31: 1512946706 de Vere-FitzRichard
- G31: 1512945948 Henry of Burgundy
- G31: 1512883450 Duke Godfrey of Lorraine
- G31: 1512883448 Boulogne-Louvain
- G31: 1512882502 Duke Robert of Burgundy
- G31: 1512882500 King Fernando of Castile and Leon
- G31: 1512882198 King Robert of France
- G31: 1512882196 Count Baldwin IV of Flanders
- G31: 1512882192 Duke Richard of Normandy
- G31: 1512882176 Fulk Nerra of Anjou
- G31: 1300430848 Malet-Crispin
- G31: 1279354120 Count Odo of Blois
- G31: 1277594624 Gouel-Breteuil
- G31: 1272928378 FitzOsbern-Tony
- G31: 1272928374 Vermandois-Valois
- G31: 1272928372 King Henry I of France
- G30: 973530514 d'Aubigny-Chester
- G30: 973530512 Somery-Paganel
- G30: 973530388 Dunbar-Scotland
- G30: 973530380 Percy-Brus
- G30: 973530376 FitzRalph-Glanville
- ▼ July (36)
- ► 2012 (418)
- ► 2011 (538)
- ► 2010 (1664)