19842. Robert Maye & 19843. Dorothy Malet
Bef. 1531, Robert born in Mendip, Somerset, England, heir & s/o 39684. Robert Maye.
~1537, Dorothy born in Enmore, Somerset, England, d/o 39686. Hugh Malet & 39687. Isabel Michell.
1544-51, “Robert, son and heir of Robert Maye, v. John Smyth and others.: Reviver of a suit for detention of deeds relating to boundaries of pasture on Black Down belonging to complainant's manor of Hydon (in Charterhouse-in-Mendip).: Somerset.” (S) UKNA.
7/25/1551, Robert an overseer of the will of his brother-in-law Richard Mallett of Corypole, co. Somerset. (S) Somerset Record Society, 1905, P129.
9/12/1554, “Letters patent of Henry 8th granting the manor of Charterhouse Hipton, Somerset, part of the lands of the late convent at Witham to Robert Maye Consideration £784.” (S) Manuscripts originally kept by Bristol Reference Library. [Same grant as his father in 1545.]
1553-55, “Richard Maye, Joan his wife, Robert Maye, Dorothy his wife, and Lucy, … v. Thomas Bocher of Wisbech.: Messuage and land at Parson Drove in Leverington.” (S) UKNA.
Bef. 1581, Robert died. (S) “… John Maye of Charterhouse Hydon, gent., … the manor to the use of Dorothy Maye, widow, John’s mother, for her life …” (S) UKNA, Somerset Records. [Robert’s will proved in 1582.]
1602, “John Bridges of Winterbourne, Gloucestershire, clothier v John May of Somerset, esquire, Dorothy May, widow and Margaret Godwyn, widow. Ownership of messuage in Wells, Somerset; detention of deeds.” (S) UKNA.
(S) Virginia Historical Genealogies by John Boddie, 1954. (S) Notices of an English Branch of the Malet Family, Arthur Malet, 1885, PP43-44, App. P1-2.
Children of Robert and Dorothy: [9 children.]
i. Margaret Maye, born ?.
Margaret married Richard Godwyn, brother of Elizabeth’s husband.
Bef. 1602, Richard died.
ii. Elizabeth Maye (9921), born ~1565.
iii. John Maye, born ~1567.
John married Martha Baskervile, d/o Humphrey, alderman of London.
1602, “John Bridges of Winterbourne, Gloucestershire, clothier v John May of Somerset, esquire, … ” (S) UKNA.
1609, John is named in the will of Anthony Godwyn, Elizabeth’s husband.
- ► 2020 (1361)
- ► 2012 (26)
- ► 2011 (488)
- Vice-Admiral Arthur Champernon & Mary Norris
- Lord Edward Seymour & Countess Mary Walsh
- Nicholas Martyn Esq. & Margaret Wadham
- Sir John Brune & Jane Bamfield
- Lord Anthony Rogers Esq. & Ann Wroughton
- Lord Thomas Hall & Elizabeth Mervyn
- Sir William Sutton of Nottingham
- Christopher Symcockes & Joan Pettie
- Thomas Leigh
- Thomas Blagrove of Berkshire & Joan Bellame
- Sir Christopher Pykering & Jane Lewknor
- Sir Thomas Knyvet & Muriel Howard
- Sir Edmund Denny & Mary Troutbeck
- Lord Thomas Cary & Margaret Spencer
- Sir John Sayvile & Elizabeth Paxton
- William Taylor & Joan ?
- Thomas Pitt of Bristol & Joayne ?
- Richard Biccombe of Somerset & Joan Beaumont
- Hugh Malet & Isabel Michell
- Robert Maye of Somerset
- John Godwyn of Wells
- Auditor John Sydley & Elizabeth Cotton
- Lord John Barrett Esq. & Phyllis Harpsfield
- Vice-Marshall Walter Culpeper & Anne Aucher
- Lawrence Hatfield & Alice Marshall
- Lord John Cranmer & Alice de Thorpe
- Sheriff James Wilsford & Elizabeth Bettenham
- Sir Henry Ferrers & Margaret Hexstall
- John Clerke & Lucy Moyle
- Grocer Edward Wood
- Lord Humfry Monke Esq. & Mary Champernoun
- John Sydenham the younger & Joan Popham
- Merchant John Reade & Margaret ?
- Robert Hamby & Anne Smythe
- Henry Fitzpen & Alice Peirse
- Lord Fulk Wodhull Esq. & Anne Newenham
- John Cope Esq. & Anne Hulcote
- Lord Thomas Wymbish Esq.
- John Heneage Esq. & Eleanor Preston
- Geoffrey Dormer
- Reverand Richard Stratford & Ffrancis Kyrkeby
- Richard Fowle of Kent & Margaret ?
- William Burden of Kent & Joan ?
- Reverand Richard Edwards & Helene Griffith
- Sir Henry Killigrew & Katherine Cooke
- Baron Edward Seymour & Elizabeth Champernon
- Lord Henry Brune Esq. & Elizabeth Martyn
- Lord John Hall Esq. & Dorothy Rogers
- 29702 Meller-Swinnerton
- Thomas Symcockes & Alice Sutton
- Mayor William Watkins of Wells
- Yeoman John Coward & Catherine Leigh
- Henry Hudson & Barbara ?
- Capt. Raleigh Croshaw of Jamestown
- Thomas Grave of Berkshire & Joan Blagrove
- Sir Henry Knevet & Anne Pickering
- Sir John Cary & Joyce Denny
- Mounger 538 Thomas Whitmell
- Mounger 536 Arrington-Majour
- Sir Robert Hussey & Anne Pudsaye
- Sir Henry Saville & Margaret Barkston
- Butcher Thomas Chevening of Kent
- Archdeacon John Taylor & Susan Rowland
- Thomas Pitt of Bristol
- Sir Thomas Seymour & Jane Berkeley
- Richard Bridger of Surrey & Margery Eliot
- Hugh Biccombe & Catherine Wilshaw
- Bell - New Sweden
- Mounger 272 Millsaps-Poplin
- Mounger 268 Arrington-Whitmell
- George Smythes of Somerset
- Robert Maye of Somerset & Dorothy Malet
- William Godwyn & Christian Burges
- High-Sheriff William Sedley Esq. & Elizabeth Greene
- Mounger 166 Hohn McPherson
- Mounger 154 Thomas McClammy
- Mounger 152 Heidelberg-Middleton
- Lord William Culpeper Esq. & Cicely Barrett
- John Pordage of Kent
- John Stede & Alice ?
- Early Gulf Coast History
- Cox - Bernado de Galvez
- French Louisiana
- Father Mas Loras
- Mounger 144 William Terrall
- Mounger 138 William Webster
- Thomas Cranmer & Agnes Hatfield
- Thomas Wilsforde & Elizabeth Culpepper
- James Clerke & Elizabeth Ferrers
- Mounger 136 Thomas Millsaps
- Mounger 134 Arrington-Haynie
- Anthony Moncke Esq. & Elizabeth Wood
- Nicholas Denys Esq. & Philippa Sidenham
- Robert Cary Esq. & Margaret Fulkeram
- Mounger 96 Jeffrey Robertson
- 84 Donald McSwain
- Chamberlain Richard Reade & Agnes Hamby
- Richard Pickering
- Lord George Hamby & Margaret Cutleer & Margaret Gr...
- John Royal & Lucitte ?
- ▼ April (406)