~1365, John born in Devon, England, s/o §§Richard Denys & §§Elizabeth Bowhay.
11/23/1391, To the justices of the Bench. Order, upon the plaintiff's petition, to proceed in a plea between John Deneys and Henry Ivelcombe knight concerning the ward of 10 messuages, 2 carucates of land and £20 of rent in Penros Bordoun. (S) CCRs.
1400, John Denys of Orleigh took proceeding against Thomas Edward, Clerk, to obtain from him an account for the time that he was Receiver of the moneys of the said John.
8/2/1401, Richard Michel, cousin and one of the heirs of John Wake knight, to John Keynes his cousin … Witnesses: Humphrey Stafforde, Thomas Beauchamp knights, John Denebaud, …, John Deneys. (S) CCRs.
12/5/1402, Commission to … William Carent, the elder, John Denys to collect the 10th and 15th in Somerset. (S) CFRs.
2/5/1405, John died.
5/6/1408, Writ for IPM of John Deneys. Devon: John Deneys of Orleigh held the manor of ‘Horton’ of John Holand, earl of Huntingdon, a minor in the king’s ward, of the castle of Barnstaple by knight service, annual value 100s. He died on 5 Feb. 1405. John his son is next heir, aged 11 years and more. (S) CIsPM.
(S) 1564 Visitation of Devon – “Dennys of Orleigh” (S) Parochial and Family Hist. of the Deanery of Trigg Minor, V2, Mclean, 1876, P407.
· ~1245, William Denys born in England, s/o Robert Dacus, “als. Dennys of Orleigh, Knt.”
· ~1270, John Denys born in England, s/o William Denys.
· 1296, John Denys, in right of his wife Joane, held Bradford in Devon. (S) Surrey Arch. Collections, P67.
· ~1300, Henry Denys born in England, s/o John Denys.
· ~1345, Richard Dennys, born in England, s/o Henry Dennys.
· 3/8/1361, William ... priest, was admitted to the Parish Church of Lisnewith ... by reason of his custody of Richard son and heir of Henry Denys ...
· ~1345, Elizabeth Bowhay born in England, d/o Galfrid Bowhay.
· 1349-50, Hugh de Monytone, … to grant messuages, dovecotes, and land in Ashcott, Walton, and Middlezoy, with the reversions of messuages and land in Middlezoy now held for life by Richard Deneys, … severally, to the abbot and convent of Glastonbury. Somers. (S) UKNA.
· 2/6/1359, Settlement. John le Walsshe lord of Hutton' … Witnesses: John de Langelond', Richard Flory, Richard Deneys, … (S) UKNA.
Child of John and ?:
i. John Denys (311872), born 1396 in England.