~1410, Robert born in England.
~1415, Alice born in Dorset, England, d/o 1901098. William Godwyn & 1901099. Elizabeth Bonham.
3/20/1413, Henry V succeeded Henry IV as King of England.
10/4/1420, Alys an heiress of her maternal grandfather, Thomas Bonham.
Aft. 1434, Alice inherited the manor of Lexworthy and other properties in Godwyn and Bonham from her father.
Robert Mompesson of Bathampton Weley, Wiltshire. (S) Eyam: Plague Village, Paul, 2012, P44.
(S) Enmore: Manors and other estates, A Hist. of the County of Somerset: V6: 1992, PP37-41. (S) 1565 Visitation of Wiltshire, Harvey, 1897, P33. (S) Fasciculus Mervinensis, Drake, 1873, P8.
· A family from Montpincon, near Everux, France. (S) Battle Abbey Roll, 1889, P300.
· Arms: “D'argent a une lion de sable, a une pinzon de or en le espaule”.
· Shortly after the Conquest, Fulk de Montepincernoun married Agnes, heir & d/o Ralph Facatus, and was awarded multiple lordships in Norfolk.
· 1165, The barony of Montpinson, Normandy, consisted of 15 knights’ fees.
· Ralph de Montpinson was Dapifer to William the Conqueror. (Ordericus. Vit.).
· Ralph’s son Hugh married a daughter of Hugh de Grentemesnil, his son named Ralph.
· 1132, Philip de Montpinson witnessed the foundation charter of Fountains Abbey, York.
Child of Robert and Alice:
i. John Mountpenson (475274), born ~1435 in England.