1247516. Thomas Dawney & 1247517. Elizabeth Newton
~1315, Thomas born in England, elder s/o 2495032. Sir Nicholas Dawney & 2495033. Joan Durant.
~1330, Elizabeth born in England, heir & d/o 2495034. John Neuton & 2495035. Joan ?.
1333, Thomas’ father died; his older brother John the heir.
1358, Thomas Daunay of Kirkeby in Kendale impleaded William Lettester of the same place for breaking his house at Kirkeby in Kendale and taking away timber to the value of 100s. (S) Records relating to the Barony of Kendale, V1, 1923.
11/3/1372, Thomas Daunay was querent with William de Sandford the elder, clerk, and William de Sandford the younger, and Edmund de Sandford of Askham to an indenture with Sir Robert Swynburne, knight. (S) Feet of Fines, Westmorland.
4/16/1374, Hugh, [cardinal deacon] of St. Mary Porticu, staying beyond seas, has letters nominating Thomas Dawney … as his attorneys in England for two years. (S) CPRs.
6/20/1374, Anglicus, cardinal of the Roman Church and dean of St. Peter’s, York, staying beyond seas, has letters nominating … and Thomas Daunay as his attorneys in England for seven years. (S) CPRs.
1375, Thomas with William de Sandford and Edmund de Sandford, as Robert de Thornburgh gives a receipt to his executors for legacies to his children.
7/16/1377, Richard II crowned king of England.
5/1379, Thomas the attorney for the abbot of Heppe. (S) De Banco Roll, 473.
11/12/1379, license from the King in consideration of the sum of £50 paid by William de Sandford, Thomas Daunay, William de Hornby, and Thomas de Hornby, for the alienation in rnortmain by them of a messuage in Thorp S Salvayn, co. Yorks held by John Duke of Lancaster.
6/1380, The Monday after the feast of St. Barnabas, William de Sandford, … found a chantry of one chaplain in the chapel of St. Mary on the north side of Thorp Salvayn, Co,York, … for the souls of Sir William de Sandford, late rector of the church of St. Botolph, his kindred, the late King, …, Sir John Bardolf, … and for the good estate of the king, Sir John Duke of Lancaster, …, Thomas Daunay, the brothers and sisters of the said William de Sandford and their children, William de Sandford, rector of the church of Marham, and others. (S) CPRs.
7/15/1387, Order to William Holme, escheator in the county of York, Westminster, to cause Thomas Daunay of Escrik and Elizabeth, his wife, daughter and heir of John de Neuton, who held of the king in chief, to have full seisin of all the lands which Joan late the wife of the said John held for life of Elizabeth’s inheritance … homage due from him by reason of his having had issue by Elizabeth. (S) Calendar of Fine Rolls.
2/12/1391, Pardon … and John Daunay, having lately acquired, in fee, from Elizabeth, late the wife of Thomas Daunay of Escrik, twelve messuages, four tofts, five bovates and 120 acres of land, … rent … called a third part of the soke of Snayth, together with the service of all her free tenants in Snayth, Cowyke, Goldale, Hethensale, Balnehek, Littlehek, Whitlay, Barlay and Burton by Birne, co. York, held in chief, … re-granted the premises to her and the heirs male of Thomas Daunay her said husband begotten of her body, … with remainder to the right heirs of Joan de Neuton, mother of the said Elizabeth, further, the said Elizabeth having granted to the said John Daunay, his heirs and assigns, for the term of her life, … (S) CPRs.
(S) The Peerage of Ireland, 1789, P73.
• This may be two Thomas’, possibly father and son. There is also another Thomas Daunay active in the early years of this Thomas in other counties.
Children of Thomas and Elizabeth:
i. Sir John Dawney, born ? in England. [Heir]
John married Ellen Barden.
1395, John Dawnay, son of Thomas Daunay of Escrick, made a feoffment of land, rent, service, … (S) Franciscan Organisation in the Mendicant Context, Robson, 2010, P289.
1417, John died.
ii. Roger Dawny (623758), born ~1350 in England.
- ► 2020 (1361)
- ► 2012 (26)
- ► 2011 (488)
- Lord Edmund de Mortimer & Margaret de Fiennes
- Baron Thomas de Berkeley & Joan de Ferrers
- Lord Roger de Clifford & Lady Isabel de Vipont
- Lord Hugh Wake
- Baron John de Saint John & Isabel de Courtney
- Sir Richard de Rokesle & Joan de Criol
- Sir Michael de Ponyings & Dame Margery Bardolf
- Lord Walter de Norwich & Katherine de Hedersete
- Baron Robert de Ufford & Cecily de Valoines
- 2498690ii Burghersh-Verdun
- Lord William de Ferrers & Ellen de Seagrave
- 170 Chambers-Feamster
- 168 Dowden-Harrod
- 162 Tanner-Caine
- 160 Dougherty-Patton
- 158 John N Wilson
- 156 Bowen-Williams
- 154 Hall-Williams
- 152 Couch-Lindley
- 144 Ryan-Spaulding
- 132 Garringer-Smyth
- 130 John Fiers
- Sir Warin de Bassingburn
- Lord Walter Rynell & Maud de Trumpington
- Sir Henry de Willington & Margaret de Freville
- Baron Elyas Daubeney & Joan ?
- Joseph Marie Lacombe & Marie Archange Boutin & Mar...
- Jean Baptiste Dutil & Marie Charlotte Blais
- Francois Lacombe & Angele Bouchard
- Louis Kerouack dit Breton & Marie Angele Gendron
- Joseph Simard & Roselie Morin
- Joseph Mailloux & Marie Madeleine Gamache
- M: 103
- M: 84
- M: 80
- 78 Bowen-Wilson
- M: 76
- M: 74
- M: 72
- John Garringer & Elizabeth Johnson
- Isaac N Maitlen Sr. & Sarah Fiers
- Jean Dutil & Marie Lucie Lacombe
- Francois Narcisse Lacombe & Marie Hamel
- Antoine Kerouac dit Breton & Marie Morin
- Aubin Mailloux & Euphemie Perron Simard
- John M Russel & Elizabeth J Crunk
- M: 48
- M: 42
- M: 40
- 38 Couch-Bowen
- James Madison Ryan & Susan Elizabeth Kyle
- 34 James H Huntley
- William B Maitlen & Rhoda Ann Garringer
- Baron Richard Lovel & Muriel Soules
- Lord Henry Fitz Alan & Rose Bigbury
- Lord Hugh de Valletort & Lucia le Bret
- Lord Richard de Chambernoun & Joanna Valletort
- Sir Nicholas Dauney & Joan Durant
- Sir Ralph de Esse
- Lord William Denebaud & Joan Stocklinch
- Sir Walter Paulet
- Lord John Hamby & Isabel ?
- Sir Henry Gernet & Joan ?
- Sir Nicholas de Charnel & Joan ?
- Sir John de Saint Philibert & Ada Botetourt
- Baron William Trussell & Maud Mainwaring
- Sir Henry de Grene & Catherine de Drayton
- Lord John de Lyons & Alice de St. Liz
- Sir John Chetwode & Lucy ?
- Baron John de Wahull & Isabel Drokenesford
- William Langley in Durham
- Sir Stephen de Stratford & Elizabeth Monhault
- Sir William Meryng of Nottinghamshire
- Richard Vylers Esq. & Elizabeth ?
- Thomas Mauduit & Joan de Bokland
- Lord John Fitz William & Elizabeth Clinton
- Sir Thomas Knollys & Joan ?
- Lord Thomas le Botiller & Lady Alice Beauchamp
- Sir Robert Belknap & Juliane Darset
- Richard Berners Esq. & Philippe Dalyngridge
- Count William Bourchier & Countess Anne of Woodstock
- Lord William Fitz Hugh & Margery Willoughby
- Sir Thomas Dacre & Elizabeth Bowet
- Sir Roger Fiennes & Elizabeth Holand
- Lord William Philip & Lady Joan Bardolf
- Lord Henry Beaumont & Elizabeth Willoughby
- Lord John Deyncourt & Joan Grey
- Lord John Howard Esq. & Joan Walton
- Earl Richard de Vere & Alice Sergeaux
- Sir Richard de Arches & Joan Arden
- Lord John de Dynham & Philippe Lovel
- Thomas Carmynow Esq. & Joan Hill
- Sir Nicholas Carew & Joan Courtenay
- Lord Walter Hungerford & Katherine Peverell
- Sir John Courtenay & Joan Champernon
- Sir Richard Champernoun & Isabella Bonville
- John Frome Esq.
- Lord John Filoll & Margaret le Walissh
- Roger Wentworth Esq. & Margery Despenser
- Robert Coker Esq. & Michaela Marchant
- ▼ June (199)