42. Thomas Jefferson Dowden & 43. Mary J Birley
12/1828, Mary born in IN. [Other records give birth as 1831, but 1860 Census indicates 1828.]
9/17/1831, Thomas born in Monroe Co., IN; s/o 84. William Harrod Dowden & 85. Nancy Chambers.
7/24/1850, (S) 1850 Census, IN, Washington Co., Jackson. Thomas is listed as a laborer boarding with many others with a family [Likely a boarding house of some sort. After Thomas’ mother died, the children were given to other families.]
~1853, Thomas married Mary.
6/5/1860, (S) 1860 Census, IN, Owen Co., East Division, Spencer PO. Thomas is a farmer with land valued at $1000 and a personal estate of $200. Mary’s birth is given as 1828. Children: James, age 6; Anna, age 4; “Jno”? age 2, and Mary age 1.
9/8/1870, (S) 1870 Census, IN, Greene Co., Washington, Marco PO. Thomas is a day laborer with a personal estate of $100. Children: James – William listed; Gibson and Lucy are listed as living with their grandmother. [The ages of the children given are off a few years and switched from the 1860 census.]
6/21/1880, (S) 1880 Census, IN, Greene Co., Washington. Thomas, age 49, is a farmer. Mary gives her age as 39 [only off about 10 years]. James, age 23, “Eva M” [Mary], age 19, William, age 10, “King Sol”, age 6.
1881-83, the family moved to MO. (S) Memoires of a granddaughter.
9/18/1895, Mary applied at the General Land Office in Springfield, MO, for a homestead of 40 acres.
Bef. 10/8/1895, Thomas died in Cedar Gap, Wright Co., MO.
6/19/1900, (S) 1900 Census, MO, Wright Co., Pleasant Valley. Mary, born 12/1831, a farmer, has had 6 children, 5 still living. Her son Albert, age 43, lives with her. Her son “Cain” lives next to her.
Aft. 1910, Mary died in Cedar Gap, Wright, MO.
• According to a granddaughter, they were members of the Church of Christ.
• Albert’s name in the 1860 census appears to be “Gibson Davis”.
• A son named John died at an early age.
Children of Thomas and Mary:
i. James A Dowden, born 1854 in IN.
ii. Amma Falina Dowden (21), born 1/4/1856 in IN.
iii. Albert Dowden, born 1858 in IN.
iv. Mary Ella Dowden, born 1859 in IN.
v. Lucy E Dowden, born 1867 in IN.
vi. William Ollie Dowden, 1869 in IN.
1891, William married Katherine Dickerson, born 1872 in IN.
vii. King “Cain” Solomon Dowden, born 1/1874 in IN.
King married Elizabeth Anna Miller, born 12/1874 in KY.
- ► 2020 (1361)
- ► 2012 (26)
- ► 2011 (488)
- Lord Edmund de Mortimer & Margaret de Fiennes
- Baron Thomas de Berkeley & Joan de Ferrers
- Lord Roger de Clifford & Lady Isabel de Vipont
- Lord Hugh Wake
- Baron John de Saint John & Isabel de Courtney
- Sir Richard de Rokesle & Joan de Criol
- Sir Michael de Ponyings & Dame Margery Bardolf
- Lord Walter de Norwich & Katherine de Hedersete
- Baron Robert de Ufford & Cecily de Valoines
- 2498690ii Burghersh-Verdun
- Lord William de Ferrers & Ellen de Seagrave
- 170 Chambers-Feamster
- 168 Dowden-Harrod
- 162 Tanner-Caine
- 160 Dougherty-Patton
- 158 John N Wilson
- 156 Bowen-Williams
- 154 Hall-Williams
- 152 Couch-Lindley
- 144 Ryan-Spaulding
- 132 Garringer-Smyth
- 130 John Fiers
- Sir Warin de Bassingburn
- Lord Walter Rynell & Maud de Trumpington
- Sir Henry de Willington & Margaret de Freville
- Baron Elyas Daubeney & Joan ?
- Joseph Marie Lacombe & Marie Archange Boutin & Mar...
- Jean Baptiste Dutil & Marie Charlotte Blais
- Francois Lacombe & Angele Bouchard
- Louis Kerouack dit Breton & Marie Angele Gendron
- Joseph Simard & Roselie Morin
- Joseph Mailloux & Marie Madeleine Gamache
- M: 103
- M: 84
- M: 80
- 78 Bowen-Wilson
- M: 76
- M: 74
- M: 72
- John Garringer & Elizabeth Johnson
- Isaac N Maitlen Sr. & Sarah Fiers
- Jean Dutil & Marie Lucie Lacombe
- Francois Narcisse Lacombe & Marie Hamel
- Antoine Kerouac dit Breton & Marie Morin
- Aubin Mailloux & Euphemie Perron Simard
- John M Russel & Elizabeth J Crunk
- M: 48
- M: 42
- M: 40
- 38 Couch-Bowen
- James Madison Ryan & Susan Elizabeth Kyle
- 34 James H Huntley
- William B Maitlen & Rhoda Ann Garringer
- Baron Richard Lovel & Muriel Soules
- Lord Henry Fitz Alan & Rose Bigbury
- Lord Hugh de Valletort & Lucia le Bret
- Lord Richard de Chambernoun & Joanna Valletort
- Sir Nicholas Dauney & Joan Durant
- Sir Ralph de Esse
- Lord William Denebaud & Joan Stocklinch
- Sir Walter Paulet
- Lord John Hamby & Isabel ?
- Sir Henry Gernet & Joan ?
- Sir Nicholas de Charnel & Joan ?
- Sir John de Saint Philibert & Ada Botetourt
- Baron William Trussell & Maud Mainwaring
- Sir Henry de Grene & Catherine de Drayton
- Lord John de Lyons & Alice de St. Liz
- Sir John Chetwode & Lucy ?
- Baron John de Wahull & Isabel Drokenesford
- William Langley in Durham
- Sir Stephen de Stratford & Elizabeth Monhault
- Sir William Meryng of Nottinghamshire
- Richard Vylers Esq. & Elizabeth ?
- Thomas Mauduit & Joan de Bokland
- Lord John Fitz William & Elizabeth Clinton
- Sir Thomas Knollys & Joan ?
- Lord Thomas le Botiller & Lady Alice Beauchamp
- Sir Robert Belknap & Juliane Darset
- Richard Berners Esq. & Philippe Dalyngridge
- Count William Bourchier & Countess Anne of Woodstock
- Lord William Fitz Hugh & Margery Willoughby
- Sir Thomas Dacre & Elizabeth Bowet
- Sir Roger Fiennes & Elizabeth Holand
- Lord William Philip & Lady Joan Bardolf
- Lord Henry Beaumont & Elizabeth Willoughby
- Lord John Deyncourt & Joan Grey
- Lord John Howard Esq. & Joan Walton
- Earl Richard de Vere & Alice Sergeaux
- Sir Richard de Arches & Joan Arden
- Lord John de Dynham & Philippe Lovel
- Thomas Carmynow Esq. & Joan Hill
- Sir Nicholas Carew & Joan Courtenay
- Lord Walter Hungerford & Katherine Peverell
- Sir John Courtenay & Joan Champernon
- Sir Richard Champernoun & Isabella Bonville
- John Frome Esq.
- Lord John Filoll & Margaret le Walissh
- Roger Wentworth Esq. & Margery Despenser
- Robert Coker Esq. & Michaela Marchant
- ▼ June (199)