84. William Harrod Dowden & 85. Nancy Chambers
1804, Nancy born in KY; d/o 170. John H Chambers & 171. Margaret Feamster.
5/9/1809, William born in Clark Co., IN; s/o 168. James M Dowden & 169. Rachel Harrod.
1820, (S) 1820 Census, IN, Jackson Co. William, age 10-16, lives with his parents.
9/16/1830, William married Nancy in Monroe Co., IN.
1830, (S) 1830 Census, IN, Owen Co., Wayne & Montgomery. William age 20-30, married, wife 20-30, no children, lives next to his father [and possibly an uncle Zachriah Dowden.]
3/18/1837, “William Harrod Dowden” of Monroe Co., IN, registered 63.1 acres at the Vincennes, IN, land office . (S) Certificate No. 7140.
2/1/1839, William, of Monroe Co., registered 40 acres at the Vincennes land office.
1840, (S) 1840 Census, IN, Monroe Co. William, age 30-40, has a wife, age 30-40, 3 sons under 10, and a daughter under 5. They live next to his parents.
1840, William sold land in Monroe Co. to Jas Buskirk.
2/20/1844, William and Nancy sold land to John Chambers. [Likely her brother.]
Nancy died in Jackson Co., IN.
William farmed out his 6 children to relatives; daughter Margaret went to David Chambers, brother of Nancy.
7/6/1846, William married 2nd Mary Polly Harrell, his first cousin.
Aft. 1848, they moved from IN.
By 1857, they lived in IO.
6/8/1870, (S) 1870 Census, IO, Jackson Co., Sabula. William gives his age as 50, and is a fisherman. Polly, age 45 keeps house. George, age 22, works on a steamboat.
6/1/1880, (S) 1880 Census, IO, Jackson Co., Monmouth. William, age 71, works in a sawmill. Polly, age 59, keeps house. Multiple Dowden relatives live nearby.
By 2/1884, they moved to Jackson Co., IO, where Polly died.
9/2/1886, William died in Jackson Co., IO.
Children of William and Nancy:
i. Thomas Jefferson Dowden (42), born 9/17/1831 in Monroe Co., IN.
ii. James M Dowden, born 11/4/1833 in Monroe Co., IN.
iii. Emily Ann Dowden, born 9/27/1835 in Monroe Co., IN.
9/9/1852, Emily married Isaac Edward.
3/5/1905, Emily died in Greene Co., IN.
iv. John Montgomery Dowden, born 2/27/1837 in Monroe Co., IN.
v. Mary Ellen Dowden, born 9/20/1840 in Monroe Co., IN.
Mary married Marshall Baker Bradley.
v. Margaret Letitia Dowden, born 2/20/1844 in Jackson Co., IN.
2/15/1863, Margaret died in Harrodsburg, Monroe Co., IN, of Typhoid fever.
- ► 2020 (1361)
- ► 2012 (26)
- ► 2011 (488)
- Lord Edmund de Mortimer & Margaret de Fiennes
- Baron Thomas de Berkeley & Joan de Ferrers
- Lord Roger de Clifford & Lady Isabel de Vipont
- Lord Hugh Wake
- Baron John de Saint John & Isabel de Courtney
- Sir Richard de Rokesle & Joan de Criol
- Sir Michael de Ponyings & Dame Margery Bardolf
- Lord Walter de Norwich & Katherine de Hedersete
- Baron Robert de Ufford & Cecily de Valoines
- 2498690ii Burghersh-Verdun
- Lord William de Ferrers & Ellen de Seagrave
- 170 Chambers-Feamster
- 168 Dowden-Harrod
- 162 Tanner-Caine
- 160 Dougherty-Patton
- 158 John N Wilson
- 156 Bowen-Williams
- 154 Hall-Williams
- 152 Couch-Lindley
- 144 Ryan-Spaulding
- 132 Garringer-Smyth
- 130 John Fiers
- Sir Warin de Bassingburn
- Lord Walter Rynell & Maud de Trumpington
- Sir Henry de Willington & Margaret de Freville
- Baron Elyas Daubeney & Joan ?
- Joseph Marie Lacombe & Marie Archange Boutin & Mar...
- Jean Baptiste Dutil & Marie Charlotte Blais
- Francois Lacombe & Angele Bouchard
- Louis Kerouack dit Breton & Marie Angele Gendron
- Joseph Simard & Roselie Morin
- Joseph Mailloux & Marie Madeleine Gamache
- M: 103
- M: 84
- M: 80
- 78 Bowen-Wilson
- M: 76
- M: 74
- M: 72
- John Garringer & Elizabeth Johnson
- Isaac N Maitlen Sr. & Sarah Fiers
- Jean Dutil & Marie Lucie Lacombe
- Francois Narcisse Lacombe & Marie Hamel
- Antoine Kerouac dit Breton & Marie Morin
- Aubin Mailloux & Euphemie Perron Simard
- John M Russel & Elizabeth J Crunk
- M: 48
- M: 42
- M: 40
- 38 Couch-Bowen
- James Madison Ryan & Susan Elizabeth Kyle
- 34 James H Huntley
- William B Maitlen & Rhoda Ann Garringer
- Baron Richard Lovel & Muriel Soules
- Lord Henry Fitz Alan & Rose Bigbury
- Lord Hugh de Valletort & Lucia le Bret
- Lord Richard de Chambernoun & Joanna Valletort
- Sir Nicholas Dauney & Joan Durant
- Sir Ralph de Esse
- Lord William Denebaud & Joan Stocklinch
- Sir Walter Paulet
- Lord John Hamby & Isabel ?
- Sir Henry Gernet & Joan ?
- Sir Nicholas de Charnel & Joan ?
- Sir John de Saint Philibert & Ada Botetourt
- Baron William Trussell & Maud Mainwaring
- Sir Henry de Grene & Catherine de Drayton
- Lord John de Lyons & Alice de St. Liz
- Sir John Chetwode & Lucy ?
- Baron John de Wahull & Isabel Drokenesford
- William Langley in Durham
- Sir Stephen de Stratford & Elizabeth Monhault
- Sir William Meryng of Nottinghamshire
- Richard Vylers Esq. & Elizabeth ?
- Thomas Mauduit & Joan de Bokland
- Lord John Fitz William & Elizabeth Clinton
- Sir Thomas Knollys & Joan ?
- Lord Thomas le Botiller & Lady Alice Beauchamp
- Sir Robert Belknap & Juliane Darset
- Richard Berners Esq. & Philippe Dalyngridge
- Count William Bourchier & Countess Anne of Woodstock
- Lord William Fitz Hugh & Margery Willoughby
- Sir Thomas Dacre & Elizabeth Bowet
- Sir Roger Fiennes & Elizabeth Holand
- Lord William Philip & Lady Joan Bardolf
- Lord Henry Beaumont & Elizabeth Willoughby
- Lord John Deyncourt & Joan Grey
- Lord John Howard Esq. & Joan Walton
- Earl Richard de Vere & Alice Sergeaux
- Sir Richard de Arches & Joan Arden
- Lord John de Dynham & Philippe Lovel
- Thomas Carmynow Esq. & Joan Hill
- Sir Nicholas Carew & Joan Courtenay
- Lord Walter Hungerford & Katherine Peverell
- Sir John Courtenay & Joan Champernon
- Sir Richard Champernoun & Isabella Bonville
- John Frome Esq.
- Lord John Filoll & Margaret le Walissh
- Roger Wentworth Esq. & Margery Despenser
- Robert Coker Esq. & Michaela Marchant
- ▼ June (199)