1832. Jean Cote & 1833. Anne Martin
1603, Anne born in Mortagne-au-Perche, Normandie, France. [Possibly a daughter of Abraham Martin as given in (S) Tanguay. If this is true, Anne may have been related to Jean since her grandmother would have been Isabel Cote, also from Perche.]
1607, Jean born in Peut-etre a Mortagne-au-Perche, Normandie, France.
7/20/1634, Jean arrived in New France in a flotilla of ships that included the Saint Jacques. [Anne may have arrived at the same time.]
11/17/1634 in Notre Dame de Québec City, Jean married Anne. Present at the wedding were Guillaume Couillard [possibly Anne’s uncle] and Seigneur Robert Giffard.
1636, Jean and Anne settled at Beauport on 1 aprent of frontage on la Grande-Allee granted by Governor Montmagny.
Because of problems with Indian raids, Noel Langlois rented them a small parcel of land near his house for mutual defense. Jean built a cabin at this location. [They also eventually purchased a house in the Upper Town of Quebec.] [If Anne were a daughter of Abraham, then Noel would be the brother of her stepmother.]
1641, Jean and Noel Langlois undertook to provide the Company of New France, five hundred bales of hay for 80 livres.
1645, Robert Giffard formally bequeathed Jean the land he had occupied for a period of 10 years. Jean also had a property of 150 feet frontage with a depth of 60 feet in the Upper Town of Quebec [which he sold to his son-in-law Pierre Soumande.]
12/24/1652, “Jean Cote recoit de Robert Giffard, seigneur de Beauport une donation”.
3/27/1661, Jean, age 54, died in his home in Beauport, buried the next day in the Church of Notre Dame, Quebec City.
1666 Census, Anne and 3 sons are in the employ of Michel Acoup in Beauport.
12/4/1684, Anne, age 81, died in the house of Francois Huguet & Anne Soumande [her granddaughter by daughter Simone] and was buried the next day in Québec City.
Children of Jean and Anne:
i. Louis Cote, baptized 10/25/1635 in Québec City, QC;
11/6/1662 in Notre Dame de Québec City, Louis married Elisabeth, d/o 7178. Noel Langlois & 7179. Francoise Grenier.
Bef. 12/15/1669, Louis died in Château Richer, Montmorency, QC.
ii. Simone Cote, born 12/9/1637 in Québec City, QC;
11/16/1649 in Québec City, QC, Simone married Pierre Soumande-dit-Delorme.
Aft. 20 Oct 1698, Simone died in Québec City, QC.
iii. Martin Cote, born 7/12/1639 in Québec City, QC;
7/25/1667 in Chateau Richer, Martin married Suzanne Page, d/o Raymond.
8/30/1710, Martin, age 71, died in St. Pierre de l'Île d'Orléans, QC.
iv. Mathieu Cote, born 7/6/1642 in Québec City, QC;
9/11/1667, Mathieu married Elisabeth Gravel, d/o Joseph Masse Gravel.
2/25/1696, Mathieu, age 54, died in St. Pierre de l'Île d'Orléans, QC.
v. Jean Baptiste Cote (916), born 2/23/1644 in Québec City, Canada.
vi. Noel Cote, born 5/4/1646 in Québec City, QC;
2/13/1673 in Beauport, Noel married Helene Gratton, d/o Claude.
3/7/1701, Noel died in St. Pierre de l'Île d'Orléans, QC.
vii. Marie Cote, born 1/11/1648 in Québec City, QC;
1/25/1648, Marie died in Québec City, QC.
viii. Louise Cote, born 4/10/1650 in Québec City, QC;
11/4/1663 in Notre Dame de Québec City, Louise married Jean Grignon.
Bef. 4/30/1696, Louise died in La Rochelle, France.
- ► 2020 (1361)
- ► 2012 (26)
- ► 2011 (488)
- M: 2500
- M: 2498
- Obediah Bowen & Mary Clifton
- M: 2460
- M: 2456
- M: 2452
- M: 2450
- M: 2448
- Lord Edmund de Thorpe & Joan Bainard
- Sir Hugh de Hastings & Margaret de Everingham
- Sir Saier de Rochford & Joan Hillary
- Lord Richard de Roos & Matilda ?
- Collector Frederick de Tylney & Margery Lyne
- Earl John de Vere & Countess Maud de Badlesmere
- Baron John de Segrave & Countess Margaret Plantagenet
- Francois Elie dit Breton & Francoise Bidet
- Etienne Corriveau & Catherine Bureau
- Jean Francois Lemelin dit Tourangeau & Marie Margu...
- Adrien Isabelle & Catherine Poitevin
- Guillaume Baucher dit Morency & Marie Anne Paradis
- Robert Mathieu Choret & Sebastienne Veillon
- Barthélémy Gandin & Marthe Cognac
- Etienne Mesny & Catherine Laine
- Pierre Martin & Marie Buot
- Esprit Carbonneau & Marguerite Landry
- Antoine Leblanc dit Jolicoeur & Elisabeth Roy
- Louis Coulombe & Jeanne Boucault
- Michel Chartier & Catherine Chamberland
- Pierre Balan dit Lacombe & Renee Biret
- Louis Jinchereau & Marie Magnier & Michel Chartier
- Louis Gagne & Marie Gagnon
- Baron John de Moubray & Joan of Lancaster
- Lord Robert de Scales & Katherine de Ufford
- Admiral John Howard & Alice de Boys
- Lord Gilbert de Haukwode
- Sir William de Welles & Agnes ?
- Sir John de Coggeshall & Margaret de Staunton
- Sir James Tirrell & Margaret Heron
- Baron John le Strange & Ankaret le Boteler
- Sir Roger de Grey of Ruthin & Elizabeth de Hastings
- Sir John de Clifton & Elizabeth de Cromwell
- Sir John Knyvet & Eleanor Basset
- Pascal Mercier & Anne Cloutier
- Jean Rabouin & Marguerite Leclerc
- Moise Jacques Baudoin & Francoise Durand
- Pierre Blais & Anne Perrault
- Francois Robin & Marie Francoise Migneron
- Pierre Courteau & Marie Madeleine St Denis
- Jean Francois Langlois & Genevieve Rousseau
- Jacques Boulet & Marie Francoise Fournier
- Claude Lefebvre dit Boulanger & Marie Arcular
- Jean Fradet & Jeanne Helie le Breton
- Charles Allaire & Marie Bidet des Roussel
- Jean Brochu & Marie Francoise de Launay
- Sir Thomas de Goushill
- Sir William le English & Margaret le Brun
- Sir John de Harrington & Katherine Banastre
- Sir Thomas de Lathom & Joan Venables
- Lord William de Stanlegh & Alice de Mascy
- Sir William Pipard & Margery ?
- Lord Gerard de Lisle & Eleanor de Arundel
- Baron Thomas de Berkeley & Margaret de Mortimer
- Marie Madeleine Fontaine
- Nicolas LeRoy & Jeanne Lelievre
- Etienne Veau dit Sylvain & Marguerite Gagnon
- Nicolas Bouchard & Anne LeRoy
- Jean Cloutier & Louise Belanger
- Joseph David Lacroix & Marie Barthelemy Mailloux
- Michel Gautron dit La Rochelle & Marie Madeleine B...
- Pierre Trudel & Francoise LeFrancois
- Jacques Asselin & Marie Morisset
- Sir Philip Peyver
- Noel Lebrun dit Carrier & Anne Brochu
- Jean Pascal Mercier & Marie Madeleine Boucher
- Simon Bilodeau & Anne Turcot
- Jacques Gendron dit Lafontaine & Marie Anne Charla...
- Eustache Fortin dit Bellefontaine & Louise Cloutier
- Pierre Bernier & Marie Francoise Boulay
- Charles Langelier & Marie Francoise Destroismaison...
- Thomas Gerberge Esq. & Bretta Banyard
- Lord Simon de Hetherset & Cecily ?
- Lord Giles de Wachesham & Amice ?
- Hugh Berrye Esq. & Cecily Hengrave
- Walter de Paston & Cecily de Peche
- Sir Edmund de Dacre & Elizabeth ?
- Lord Henry de Atherton & Emma de Aintree
- Sir Robert de Nevill & Isabel de Byron
- Sir Thomas Clarell & Isabel Comyn
- John de Berden Esq. & Elizabeth Madet
- Sir Alexander de Mowbray
- Lord William Gascoigne & Agnes Franke
- Charles Fortin dit Bellefontaine & Marie Sainte Cl...
- Joseph Normand & Marie Choret
- Abraham Methot & Marie Madeleine Mezeray
- Jean Baptiste Bernier & Marie Genevieve Caron
- M: 1856
- Jean Gagnon & Marguerite Drouin
- Vincent Verdon & Genevieve Pelletier
- Jean Cote & Anne Martin
- Jacques Fortin & Catherine Miville
- ▼ July (240)