7346. Jean Cauchon & 7347. Marguerite Cointerel
1591, Jean born in St Jacques, Dieppe, Normandie, France.
1592, Marguerite born in St Jacques, Dieppe, Normandie, France.
Jean received an advanced education [later able to sign his name and act in official capacities, including those requiring accounting.]
1619 in St Jacques, Dieppe, Jean married Marguerite.
1/10/1633, Marguerite, age 41, died in St Jacques; due to complications in the childbirth of son Nicolas.
4/2/1633 in St Jacques, Dieppe, Jean contracted to marry Jeanne Abraham. [They married 2 days later.]
1636–38, Jean and family immigrated to New France.
1638, Jean living in Canada.
9/22/1643, “Jehan Cochon living presently in the said New France and Jehanne Abraham his wife” sold 5 arpents of land in Beaupre to Jacques De Launay for 200 livres for the land, and 200 for the house, grain and furnishings. [Jean signed the document, Jeanne declared she could not sign.]
7/6/1652, Jean and his son Jean Cochon “le Jeune” obtained concessions in Beaupre. Jean received his from Jean de Lauson.
1652, Jean named the procurator-fiscal of Chateau Richer. [Which position he held until 1662.]
11/10/1652 at Quebec, Jean signed the wedding contract of his son Jean at the home of Pierre Miville.
9/9/1657, Jean acknowledged owing Robert Pare of Beaupre 126 livres and 4 sols, to be paid in silver or beaver skins.
1658, Construction started on the local church to become the parish of Chateau Richer.
11/10/1659 in Chateau Richer, Jean godfather to Jean, s/o 3646. Louis Jobidon & 3647. Marie Deligny.
6/1661, Jean agreed to housing his friend and neighbor Oliver le Tardiff, and his young sons. Oliver was severly ill.
2/20/1662, Jean a church warden for Notre-Dame-de-Bonne-Nouvelle du Chasteau Richer.
4/19/1662, Jean requested payment for the expenses of housing Oliver le Tardiff and his family while Oliver was ill. [Jean’s son Jacques would soon wed Oliver’s daughter Delphine.]
4/25/1662, Jean requested Toussaint Toupin represent him in the request for compensation.
7/30/1662, Jean and the other church wardens leased land of the church to Jacques Vauquelin for 40 livres.
By 1664, Jean received 600-700 livres in compensation for housing Oliver le Tardif and his children.
1666 census of Comte de Montmorency; Jean “pere” 75, Jeanne 63, son Pierre Cochon laFontaine, 33 [identified as son of Jean, but not of Jeanne].
1667 census of Comte de Montmorency: Jean 76, Jeanne 60, Pierre 34, Jacques 33 [with his family]; 20 arpents of cleared land, 6 cattle. Oliver le Tardif’s sons Charles and Guillaume identified as servants [Oliver had died in 1665.]
1667-73, Jeanne Abraham died in Chateau Richer.
7/11/1673, Jean, age 82, widower died in Chateau Richer; buried the next day in the cemetery of Notre Dame de la Visitation.
(S) Our French-Canadian Ancestors, T.J. Laforest, V-XVII.
• Dieppe overlooks the English channel on the mouth of the Arques river.
• 5/30/1431, Pierre Cauchon, Bishop of Beauvais, presided at the ecclesiastical tribunal in Rouen of Joan of Arc.
Children of Jean and Marguerite:
i. Marguerite Cochon (3673), born 1620 in St Jacques, Dieppe, Normandy, France.
ii. Guillaume Cauchon, baptized 1/1624 at St Remy de Dieppe, Normand, France.
iii. Jean Cauchon, born 1628 in St Jacques, Dieppe, Normandy, France.
7/3/1640, Jean Cauchon “le jeune” identified as living in future Chateau Richer [Beaupre] in a deed of his neighbor Pierre Gagnon.
11/20/1652 in Quebec, New France, Jean married Madeleine, d/o Pierre Miville & Charlotte Mauger.
9/2/1693, Jean, age 65, died in Chateau Richer; Madeleine surviving.
iv. Pierre Cauchon la Fontaine, baptized 7/17/1631 in St Jacques, Dieppe, Normandy, France.
Pierre, a servant of the Jesuits, spent several years with the Huron Indians.
v. Nicolas Cauchon, born 1/9/1633 in St Jacques, Dieppe, Normandy, France. [Died an infant.]
Children of Jean and Jeanne:
i. Francoise Cauchon, born 1633-4 in St Jacques, Dieppe, Normandy, France.
ii. Jacques Cauchon dit Lamothe, baptized 2/6/1635 in St Jacques, Dieppe, Normandy, France.
11/23/1661 in Chateau Richer, Jacques married Delphine, d/o Olivier le Tardiff & Barbe Emard.
1/4/1685, Jacques died in Chateau Richer.
- ► 2020 (1361)
- ► 2012 (26)
- ► 2011 (488)
- Lord Henry Fitz Hugh & Elizabeth Grey
- Sir William Bowet & Joan de Ufford
- Baron Thomas Dacre & Philippe Neville
- Sir John Holand & Margaret ?
- Sir William de Fenys & Elizabeth Batisford
- Lord Thomas Bardolf & Avice de Cromwell
- Lord William Phelip & Julian Erpingham
- Vincent Gaulin & Marie Bonnemer
- Antoine Crete & Jeanne LeGrand
- Henri Pinguet & Louise Lousche
- Jean Emard & Marie Bineau
- Antoine Destroismaisons & Jeanne Larcherer
- Eustache Robin & Madeleine Avrard
- Jacques Guyon & Marie Huet
- Loup Mercier & Jeanne Gaillard
- M: 10004
- M: 9992
- M: 9824
- Mathurin Landry & Damiane Desavis
- Rene Boileau & Joachine Serrant
- Louis Gagne & Marie Launay
- Claude Poulin & Jeanne Mercier
- Jacques Blais & Louise Penigaud
- Pierre St-Denis & Vivienne Bunel
- Honore Rousseau & Marie Boillerot
- Gilles Fournier & Noelle Gagnon
- Pierre Bilodeau & Jeanne Fleury
- Fiacre Fiebvre & Jacquette DuSol
- Sebastien Allaire & Perrine Fleurisson
- Jean Creste & Marguerite Gaulin
- Pierre Delaunay & Francoise Pinguet
- Louis Brochu & Renee Micheau
- Jacques Asselin & Cecile Olivier
- Antoine Caffier & Marie Caron
- Francois Lebrant & Madeleine Dubois Leroy
- Pierre Zacharie Cloutier & Marie Madeleine Emard
- Adrien Destroismaisons & Antoinette Leroux
- Julien Fortin & Marie Lavie
- Gervais le Normand & Leonarde Joinault
- Pierre Gareman dit LePicard & Madeleine Charlot
- Lord William de Wylughby & Lucy le Strange
- Lord John de Beaumont & Katherine de Everyngham
- Sir Robert de Grey of Rotherfield & Joan Bellew
- Lord William Deyncourt & Alice de Nevill
- Sir Richard Sergeaux & Philippe de Arundel
- Claude Grenier & Marie Catherine Huot
- Robert Drouin & Marie Dubois
- Jean Cauchon & Marguerite Cointerel
- Francois Pelletier & Simone Pichereau
- Mery Paquet & Vincente Beaumont
- Pierre Paradis & Marie Barbe Guyon dit Dion
- Jean Achon & Helene Renaud Regourde
- Philibert Tremblay & Jeanne Coignet
- Robert Caron & Marie Crevet
- Jacques Lehoux & Marie Meilleur
- Abraham Martin & Marguerite Langlois
- Rene Racine & Marie Loiselle
- Jean Giguere & Madeleine Madeleine Journel
- Pierre Roussin & Jeanne Nyuelle
- Jean Guyon & Marie Mathurine Robin
- Francois Belanger & Francoise Horlays
- Claude Morin & Jeanne Moreau
- Denis Cloutier & Renee Briere
- Jean Blanchard & Radegonde Lambert
- Philippe Muis d’Entremont & Madeleine Elie
- Pierre Laverdure & Priscilla Melanson
- Guillaume Trahan & Francoise Charbonneau
- Jehan Gaudet & Marie Daussy
- Jean Theriault & Perrine Rau
- Andre Bernard & Marie Andree Guyon
- Jacques Badeau & Anne Ardouin
- Francois Baugis & Denise Mercier
- Charles Lavallee & Jehanne Elie
- Noel Langlois & Francoise Grenier
- Earl Aubrey de Vere & Countess Alice Fitz Walter
- Lord John Lovel & Eleanor la Zouche
- Sir John de Dinham & Muriel de Courtenay
- Vincent Vachon & Sapience Rabeau
- Paul de Rainville & Roline Poete
- Louis Delaunay & Margaret Cazalede
- Jacques Maillou & Jeanne Suzanne Arnaud
- M: 5002
- M: 4996 Wood-Carter
- M: 4994
- M: 4992
- M: 4922
- M: 4914
- M: 4912
- Lord William Carminow & Margaret Kelly
- Baron Thomas Carew & Elizabeth Bonville
- M: 4088
- Antoine Brassard & Francoise Mery
- Jean Isabelle & Marie Adam
- Antoine Baucher & Marguerite Guilbert
- Guillaume Landry & Gabrielle Barre
- Antoine Carbonneau & Marguerite Petit
- Simon Chamberlan & Marie Boileau
- Louis Gagne & Marie Michel
- Julien Mercier & Marie Poulin
- Jean Leclerc & Perrette Bunel
- ▼ August (214)