23639726. William de Samlesbury & 23639727. Avina de Notton
William, eldest s/o §Roger de Samlesbury & Margaret fitz Oseber.
10/28/1216, Henry III, age 9, crowned king of England.
Avina, d/o §William de Notton, Lord of Breightmet in Bolton-le-Moors.
1227, William’s father died.
1227, William gave 10 marks to Edward de Brockholes for his claim on half of Samlesbury.
1246, William de Samlesbury came to anagreement with his brothers Robert, Adam and James [another brother Roger being then recently deceased.]
1256, William died; Avina getting Breightmet as her dower.
(S) Samlesbury, A History of the County of Lancaster, V6, 1911.
· Roger de Samlesbury, s/o Gospatric Fitz Swain. Gospatric gave 2 oxgangs to each of his younger sons, Richard, Ughtred and Alan. Roger his son inherited the remainder.
· Margaret fitz Oseber, d/o Walter fitz Oseber, s/o Osbert de Clifton.
· By 1194, Roger married Margaret without the consent of the chief lord, Theobald Walter.
· 1212, Roger held the estates of his father including Samlesbury and half of Alston in Amounderness, and half the manors of Harwood in Salford Hundred.
· 1224, Edward de Brockholes demanded half of the vill of Samlesbury from Roger.
· 1227, Roger died.
· 1212, Sir William de Notton, lord of Breightmet. (S) The Chartulary of Cockersand Abbey, V2, Pt2, P729.
Children of William and Avina:
i. Margery de Samlesbury, born ~? in England.
Bef. 1257, Margery married to Richard de Clifton, s/o Walter.
Margery married 2nd to Robert de Hampton.
Bef. 7/1267, Margery died without issue.
ii. Cecily de Samlesbury, born ~? in England.
Bef. 4/13/1259, Cecily married to John de Ewyas.
Aft. 1311, Cecily died.
iii. Elizabeth de Samlesbury (11819863), born ~1255 in England.