Sunday, January 6, 2013
G25: 16886916 Pantulf-FitzAlan
~1150, Hugh born in England, s/o §Ivo Pantulf.
~1153, Christina born in England, d/o 378236416. William Fitz Alan & 16886917. Christina ?, [Neice of Robert the Consul, earl of Gloucester].
12/19/1154, Henry II succeeded King Stephen of England.
Bef. 6/24/1170, Hugh married Christina. (S) Barons of the Welsh Frontier, Meisel, 1980, P28.
6/24/1170, King Henry II authorised deduction from the FitzAlan estates of revenue from the manor of Badminton, assigned as the marriage portion of William fitz Alan´s daughter.
1175, Hugh’s father died.
7/1175, Hugh Pantulf witnessed a royal charter of King Henry II to Roger Mussun.
1176-79, A charter for the sale of ‘terram … de Wogheresforlong et de Dorfaut’, witnessed by ‘Hugone Pantun, Hamelino fratre eius, Bricio fratre eius.’
1179, Hugh, sheriff of Shropshire.
1186, Hugh Pantulf, sheriff of Shropshire. (S) Reading in Medieval History, Geary, 2010, P723.
7/17/1186, at Feckenham, Hugh Pantulf witnessed a royal charter of King Henry II to Hughmond abbey, Shropshire.
8/13/1186, Hugh Pantulf, Robert Marmion, Ralph de Ardern, William fitz Stephen and Thomas Noel, justiciars in session at Litchfiield, Staffordshire.
6/14/1188 at Gaitinton, Final concord … Hugh, bishop of Durham; … Rannulf de Glanville; William de Humez; Bertram de Verdun; … Hugh Pantulf. (S) Hugh de Puiset – Bishop of Durham, Scammell, 2011, P284.
2/8/1189, William fitz Alan, Thomas Noel, Hugh Pantulf, … sitting justices at Salop. (S) Antiquities, V6, P368.
9/3/1189, Richard I succeeded King Henry II of England.
9/1189, William fitz Alan replaced Hugh Pantulf as sheriff of Shropshire. (S) Collections – Staffordshire, V2, 1881, P152.
1197, A release from marriage of Thomas de Erdington witnessed by ‘Willelmo filio Alani, Hugone Pantolfe, Roberto Corbet, Johanne Extraneo, Radulfo Basset … William Bagot.’
5/27/1199, John succeeded King Richard I of England.
1203, Hugh Pantulf a pledge for William the Reeve of Ercall for a fine one mark for an inquest. (S) Select Pleas of the Crown, Maitland, 1888, P35.
8/10/1204, Robert Corbet and Hugh Pantulf appointed by King John to escourt Wenunwin de Kevelloc to England.
11/3/1207, At King John’s court at Malmesbury, William fitz Alan, Hugh Pantulf, and John le Strange witnessed an agreement with Wenhunwyn son of Hoen de Keveliac.
10/28/1208, at Shrewsbury, Gwenwynwyn of Powys required to give 20 named hostages for his life, witnessed by marcher barons William fitz Alan, Robert Corbet, Hugh Pantulf, and John L’Estrange. (S) King John, Church, 1999, P279.
1211, Hugh Pantulf in possession of the 20 denariates of land in Newport of the gift of King Richard I, in an exchange for 7 librates of land in Stanfold, Herefordshire. (S) Transactions – Shropshire, 1885, P234.
1212, Hugh Pantulf holding 5 knights’ fees in capite. (S) Magna Carta Commemoration Essays, Malden, 2005, P72.
1/1215, 10 marks paid to Henry fitz Count, Hugh Pantulf, and William his brother, by a trusted agent of King John.
1215-18, Hugh Pantulf donated his rights in the church of Badminton to Lilleshall abbey.
10/28/1216, Henry III, age 9, crowned king of England.
Bef. 12/28/1224, Hugh died.
(S) Court, Household and Itinerary of King Henry II, Eyton, 1878. (S) Foundation for Medieval Genealogy.
· Ivo Pantulf s/o Robert Pantulf.
· Ivo Pantulf married 2nd Alice de Verdun [mother of Hugh’s brother William.]
· 1130, Ivo Pantulf witnessed a charter of Nicholas, son of Robert de Stafford to Kenilworth priory.
· 1175, ‘Willelmus Purcel et Gaudefridus de Codewalton homines Yvonis Pantolf’ accounting in Staffordshire.
· Hugh had a sister Amiria, a companion of Eleanor of Aquitaine, Queen of England, received as a gift the manor of Wintreslewe, of which she gave half to the nuns of Amesbury. (S) Eleanor of Aquitaine, Turner, 2009.
· Hugh held the manor of Stanford, Hertfordshire, for keeping a greyhound [brachet] for the king. (S) Companion Animals, Podberscek, 2005, P52.
· ~1224, By Rodbert of Wottenhul to Thomas son of William, Chaplain of Prees, of half I virgate of land in Wottenhul … Witnesses: Hugh Pantulf, William Pantulf, … (S) UKNA.
Child of Hugh and Christina:
- G28: 189123208 Polsted
- G28: 189124720 Thweng
- G28: 189121696 Giffard-Clifford
- G28: 189121650 FitzJohn
- G28: 189120780 Tatteshall-d'Aubigny
- G28: 189120592 Huntingfield-FitzWilliam
- G28: 189118350 FitzGilbert-MacMurchada
- G28: 189118348 FitzGilbert-Salisbury
- G28: Briwere-Vaux
- G28: 189118344 Breuse-LaHaie
- G28: 189118342 Eu-Warenne
- G28: 189118338 FitzPiers-Say-Munchesi-Clare
- G28: 189118302 Emperor Isaac Angelus
- G28: 189118300 Emperor Frederick I
- G28: 189118256 Vere-Essex
- G28: 189118214 Verdun-FitzPeter
- G28: 189118212 FitzWalter-Vavasour-FitzWarin
- G25: 16886916 Pantulf-FitzAlan
- G28: 189118208 FitzAlan
- G28: 189111952 Dunstanville-Langetot
- G28: 189110430 King Stephen of England
- G28: 189110288 Barcelona-Aragon
- G28: 189110410 Alsace-Anjou
- ▼ January (23)
- ► 2012 (418)
- ► 2011 (538)
- ► 2010 (1664)