30422368. Sir Richard de Arcubus
~1260, Richard Darches born in England.
11/16/1272, Edward I succeeded Henry III as King of England.
1275, Richard’s inherited Jordan’s lands. [The lands he later held were seized by the escheator.]
3/27/1279, Commission of gaol delivery for Aylesbury: Geoffrey de Leukenore, Robert Malet, John Carbonel, and Richard de Arches. [1 of 4 similar entries.] (S) CPRs.
7/20/1283, Commission to … touching the persons who imprisoned and maltreated Nicholas de Eston, Nicholas de Weston and Richard de Arcubus at Aylesbiry, co. Buckingham. (S) CPRs.
1284, Richard Darches holding Edrop.
12/12/1288, Alice de Pesemere, widow of William de Pesemere, and Juliana her daughter. Alice has granted to Juliana 2 virgates of land in the vill of Pesemere, which she had by grant of Sir Richard de Arches her brother. … Witnesses: Sir Geoffrey Turbevyle, Sir William de Ripariis, knights, William de Blebury, Richard de Ripariis, … (S) UKNA. [Alice, sister of Richard, died bef. 11/25/1291. (S) Feet of Fines, CP 25/1/9/34, no.2.]
2/1299, IPM of Milicent de Monte Alto. Buckingham: … Wodehamme. 6a. land, 2a. meadow, a piece of wood within the forest aforesaid, and 19s 1.5d rents, held of Richard de Arches, rendering a pair of gilt spurs or 6d yearly. (S) CIsPM.
9/26/1300, IPM of Edmund, earl of Cornwall. Buckingham: 3 fees held by Richard de Arcubus. (S) CIsPM. [Previously held by Jordan de Arcubus.]
1309, Richard de Arches de Edrope died.
2/17/1309, IPM of Richard de Arcubus. Buckingham: Edrope. A capital messuage, 140a. arable, 16a. meadow, 3a. pasture, a wood in the forest of Bernewode, a fishery, rents, &c., … by service of 3 knights’ fees, and doing suit at the court of Walingford; and two parts of a water-mill held of the prior of Walingford … Simon his son, aged 21 fifteen days before the Gule of August last, is his next heir. (S) CIsPM.
(S) Hist. & Antiq’s of Buckingham, V1, Lispcomb, P475.
· Prior to 1196 Richard Arcubys held lands in Eythorpe [Edrop].
· 1196, William Darches held the 3 fees of Edrop.
· 1215, Richard de Arches at Oxford castle. (S) English Castles, 1200-1300.
· 1218, William Darches living.
· 1235, Jordan Darches succeeded William.
· 1240, Dionisia de Arches … released by fine to William de Arches, 10 bovates … to Richard de Arches 4 bovates … (S) Early Yorkshire Charters, V3, Farrer, 2013, P258.
· 1216-44, Grant from William de Pesemer … to Richard de Darches … (S) Desc. Cat. of … in the Possession of Rt. Hon. Lord Fitzhardinge, 1892, P70. [Richard’s sister Alice married a William de Pesemer.]
Child of Richard and ?:
i. Simon de Arches (15211184), born 7/15/1287 in England.
Post a Comment