23634268. William de Molyneux
~1225, William de Molyneaus born in England, s/o §§Adam de Molyneux.
1247-48, William’s father died.
2/3/1249, Between Robert de Molyneaus, plaintiff … and William de Molyneaus, … that William should aquit Robert of service which William le Butiler claimed from him, … which he held of William in Thornton … 1 carucate … a fine had been previously levied before the Justices, in the last Eyre at Lancaster, between Robert de Molyneaus, the plaintiff, and Adam de Molyneaus, father of the said William, whose heir he is … (S) Final Concords of Lancashire: 7 Richard I, 1899, P109. [See Family Notes, 10/20/1246.]
~1260, William de Molyneux, son of Adam, granted land on the Lunt Green to Robert son of Richard the clerk of Thornton, at a rent of 3d.
11/16/1272, Edward I succeeded Henry III as King of England. [While on crusade.]
1289, William de Molyneux died.
(S) Hist. of Lancaster, V3, 1907, Lunt, & Litherland, & Sefton. (S) Hist. of Lancaster, V7, 1912, Little Eccleston-with-Larbreck.
· 1125, Stephen, count of Boulogne and Mortain, had assured to Robert de Molyneux and his heir his land in Litherland for 14s. a year.
· 1212, §§Richard de Molyneux of Sefton also held 3 carucates in Down-Litherland. (S) Final Concords for Lancashire, Pt1, 1899, (fn.8).
· Richard’s son Sir Adam held the manors about 35 years.
· 10/20/1246, Between Robert de Mulineus, plaintiff, and Adam de Mulineus, … Adam should acquit Robert of the service which William le Butlyer claimed from him … in Thorneton … (S) Final Concords of Lancashire: 7 Richard I, 1899, P104.
· There multiple families named Molyneux active at this time. Another William de Mulyneus is involved in lawsuits in 1239, 1242 and 1246 before this William had succeeded to his lands. E.g., (S) Lancashire Assize Rolls, V47, 1904, P172; or (S) Lancashire Assize Rolls: 4 John – 13 Edward I, 1903, m.3.
Child of William and ?:
i. Richard le Molyneux (11817134), born ~1245 in Lancashire, England.