306. John Cooke & 307. Diana ? [VA]
~1670 John born.
John and his family lived in Brunswick Co., VA.
4/19/1743, John wrote his will. Diana is mentioned as executrix.
Bef. 6/2/1743 John died in Brunswick Co., VA. Diana, “his widow and executrix”, is mentioned by name at a Court where the will was probated.
5/5/1748, Indenture made 5 May 1748, between Diannah Cooke of St. Andrew Parish, Brunswick County, Widow, and John Daniel of same, Carpenter, 5 Shillings, goods and chattels.
5/6/1748, Indenture acknowledged by Diana Cook widow &; John Daniel Carpenter. (S) DB3, P438.
• Will of John Cooke: “John Cooke, who is now weak in body but of sound memory, to my son Richard Cooke – about 139 acres of land, bounded by a branch of Flat Creek, Roanoke River above the horse ford of the Creek. Also a mare. To my son John Let Cooke about 130 acres of land, a part of the same patent. Also a mare. To my son Rueben Cooke – the plantation whereon I now live, bounded by the next branch, next below the plantation. Rueben shall not be possessed of the plantation or land during his mother’s life, but that she may peaceably enjoy the same until death. Also a mare. To my son James Cooke The rest of the tract of land. Also a mare. To my daughter Anne Cooke – 1 cow, to my daughter Sary Cooke – 1 cow, To my daughter Jane Cooke – 1 cow, to my wife – the rest of my estate, both goods and chattels.” /s/ Apr. 19, 1743 – John Cooke. Wit. William King, … (S) Brunswick Co., VA, Wills, P53.
Children of John and Diana:
i. Richard Cooke, born ?. (S) Family notes.
ii. John Let Cooke, born ?. (S) Family notes.
5/19/1651, John mentioned in deed of John Adleston. (S) Recds of Col. VA, Mason, 1946, P1.
3/10/1652, deed of John Needles mentions “John Cooke, Eliza his wife, John Cooke his sonn”. (S) Recds of Col. VA, Mason, 1946, P55.
12/6/1652, John’s deed of 200 acres, “Cow Creek”, Gloucester Co.. (S) Recds of Col. VA, Mason, 1946, P21.
iii. Rueben Cooke, born ?.
iv. James Cooke, born ?.
3/12/1744, Indenture between William Batt of Prince George County and William Adams of Brunswick, £20, 290a, South side of Maherrin River. Witnesses: …, James Cook.
4/4/1745, Court, Indenture and memorandum proved by the oaths of Thomas Lanier, John Maclin and James Cooke. (S) DB3, P102.
1748 Brunswick Co. Poll List: James Cooke.
v. Anne Cooke, born ?.
vi. Sarah Cooke ( 153), born ~1700.
vii. Jane Cooke, born ?.
- ► 2020 (1361)
- ► 2012 (26)
- ► 2011 (488)
- Cox 218 Stinson
- Cox 216 Scarborough
- Jean Baptiste Nicaise dit Boncoeur & Marie Catheri...
- Cox 192 Grelot-Ferchaut
- Jean Baptise Baudrau Dit Graveline II & Marie Cath...
- Bell 244 Alexander-Hodgson
- Cox 176 Bouzage-Touche
- Bell 234 Lamb
- Bond 608 King-Cary
- Pierre Paquet Jr & Marie Magdeleine Pany Baudreau ...
- Bell 232 Potts
- Bond 532 Fabin-Mulls
- Jacques Boulay & Francoise Fournier
- Bell 230 Phillips
- Bond 530 Hanby-Daniels
- Pierre Morin dit Bouche & Francoise Chaisson dit L...
- Bell 228 Bullock-Webb
- Bond 528 Batson-Satchell
- Louis Assailly dit Tranchemontagne & Marie Therese...
- Bell 226 Haskins
- Bond 518 Shaw-Lacy
- Luis Christian Ladner & Marie Barbe Bounal
- Bell 224 Stem
- Bond 515 Pritchett
- Cox 156 Bessellieu-Chiche
- Bell 182 Turner-Kimbrough
- Bond 468 Barfield-Rutland
- Cox 152 Purdy
- Bell 180 Kimbrough-Turner
- Bond 466 Roberts-Edwards
- Cox 146 Milligan
- Bell 178 Anthony-Jones
- Bond 464 Coward-Griffin
- Cox 134 Taliaferro-French
- Bell 176 Kidd
- Bond 416 Dickey
- Cox 132 Madison-Minor
- Bell 170 Hanna-Black
- Bond 318 Tyson-Potts
- Cox 128 Cox-Cocke
- Bell 168 Thomas-Black
- Bond 316 Hardee-Dulverton
- Cox 124 Davidson-Charlton
- Bell 162 Goodlet
- Bond 310 Godwin-Kearney
- Joseph Ladner dit Nicholas & Rosalie Fayard
- 160 John Loftis
- Bond 306 Cooke
- Louis Francois Baudin & Marie Louise Lorendine
- ▼ January (49)