526404. Lord John De Eyton & 526403. Alice ?
~1360, John Eyton born in Shropshire, England, s/o §Peter de Eyton.
6/21/1377, Richard II succeeded Edward III as King of England.
5/27/1384, Commission to Nicholas Sondford, John Eyton, … to levy, collect and receive for the king's use from all cities, boroughs and towns, … 10th and 15th … (S) CFRs.
11/7/1393, Order to all persons of the county to be intendant to him as sheriff. ... John de Eyton ; Salop. (S) CFRs.
1394, John de Eyton of Eyton upon the Weald Moors, the High Sheriff of Shropshire.
1395, Inquisition taken at Salop, ... before John de Eyton, Sheriff of Salop, ... (S) Mem.’s of Shrewsbury, Pidgeon, 1837, P64.
11/12/1397, John Boerley and Julian, his wife, querents, and John Eyton' of Mersshe and Alice, his wife, deforciants. 1 messuage, 1 carucate of land, 8 acres of meadow and 16 acres of wood in Affecote [Shropshire]. John Eyton' and Alice have acknowledged the tenements to be the right of John Boerley, as those which the same John and Julian have of their gift, and have remised and quitclaimed them from themselves and the heirs of Alice to John Boerley and Julian and the heirs of John for ever. John Boerley and Julian have given them 100 marks of silver. (S) Feet of Fines.
9/30/1399, Henry IV succeeded Richard II as King of England.
12/18/1403, Shropshire and the adjacent March of Wales. Inquisition at Shrewsbury of John Mouche. He held ... Bretchel, the hamlet, of John de Eyton by rent of 10s. ... (S) Inst. of Hist. Rsch., CIPM18 – Part X.
7/11/1409, Will of William Hulle, citizen of Bath. … To John Eyton, 6s. 8d. To Edith, my wife, the tenement in which I dwell, with the garden, &c, for her life, and after her death to remain to John, my son, and his issue, then to Joan, my daughter, and her issue, with remainder to John Churcheward, clerk, John Eyton and Thomas Netelton, for ever. … Edith, my wife, and John Eyton, executors. (S) UKNA. [Afterwards the executors were satisfied that the contents of the will were carried out, and they are dismissed.]
1/27/1415, Manor of Alberbury, Shropshire, ... Agreement: William Pusselowe, ... James de la Mare and Katherine, his wife, held for the life of Katherine - and also that the third part of the 2 parts - which Alice, who was the wife of John de Eyton', held for life in dower, and which after the decease of Alice ought to remain to James and Katherine, ...
· The Family of Eyton, were living at a very early period at Eyton on the Wyldmores, and are presumed from their Armorial Bearings, to have been of the early Vassals of Pantule. At the time of the Domesday Book survey, the first named of this Pedigree is Robert De Eyton, who witnessed a grant to Robert Corbet to the Abbey of Shrewsbury, together with William, Alan, and Hugh, sons of Hugh Pantule, and granted himself the Religious House, the lands of Buttery, during the Reign of Henry II. The 9th in descent from Robert was John De Eyton.
· 2/3/1336, Thomas de Crasswell held the manor of Crasswell of John de Eyton upon Wildemor (Weald-Moors) of the County of Salop. (S)
· 4/2/1366, John de Eyton, Lord of Eyton presented an acolyte to Eyton church.
· Aft. 1368, Quitclaim ... manor of Aylmynton’ in county of Gloucester ... Witnesses : ... John de Eyton' (S) UKNA.
· 1390, Proof of age at Shrewbury, Shropshire. Elizabeth wife of John Mowthe ... John de Eyton, aged 53 years, says he remembers because on the same Monday he set out for Canterbury on a pilgrimage in accordance with a vow that he had made. (S) IsPM, Richard II, File 64.
Child of John and ?:
i. Henry Eyton (263202), born ~1400 in Gloucester, England.