1249736. Sir Simon de Leek & 1249737. Margaret de Vaux
~1320, Margaret born in England, heiress & d/o §Sir John de Vaux.
Simon married Margaret, acquiring Cotham [near Newark] and lands over the Lincolnshire border at Westborough, Dry Doddington, Stubton, and Thorp.
6/1351, Simon obtained papal dispensation to make their children legitimate. [They had married without published banns, and it turns out they were cousins.]
7/6/1351, Commission to … William de Leyk and Simon de Leyk, reciting that the waters of Syven, Smute and Kersyk, and some dykes and places through which divers water in the vale of Belvoir, … co. Nottingham … (S) CPRs.
1362, Commitment to Simon de Leke, chivaler, and William de Leke, clerk, of the wardship of the lands of William Bulneys, a minor.
7/8/1364, … Simon de Leek, ‘chivaler,’ sheriff of Nottingham … (S) CPRs.
Simon mentioned in the IPM of William Deyncourt: Symon de Leyk, Knt., holds … a knight’s fee.
5/18/1366, Commission t Roger Bellers, Simon de Leek, … to survey the bridege of Notyngham over the water Trente which is reported to be unsafe … (S) CPRs.
1/28/1368, Lease, chirograph, with warranty, by Simon de Leek knight to John son of Robert de Cumpton' knight and to Agnes daughter of William Randolf of Alyngton clerk of the manor of Cumpton' … (S) UKNA.
7/23/1369, Sir Simon de Leek and Geoffrey de Staunton, knights, instituted Thomas de Bingham as rector of Bingham.
8/7/1371, Commission to Roger de Bellers, Simon de Leek, … to survey the estate of the king’s free chapel of Tykhill … in the counties of York and Nottingham, … (S) CPRs.
6/1/1375, Commission to Simon de Leek, Richard de Byngham, … county of Nottingham … certain evildoers who broke the manor of Alice de Perers at Fynyngley, … (S) CPRs.
1375, John Loudham, the elder, Knight, and Edmund de Bingham, parson of Plumtre, confirmed to Simon de Leek, Knight, and John Payn, citizen of London, all the lands in Kilvinghton, … of the gift of Richard de Bingham, knight, who had power to redeem them … (S) History of Nottinghamshire, V1, Thoroton, 1797, P320.
3/14/1377, Commission of peace … Simon de Leek, … Nottingham. (S) CPRs.
4/1377, Simon a collector of tax in Nottinghamshire.
7/12/1378, Commission of oyer and terminer … Adam de Everyngham, knight, Hugh Neumarche, knight, Simon de Leek, knight, … (S) CPRs.
3/8/1382, Commission … for the establishment of quiet, to keep the peace, … Adam de Everyngham of Laxton, … Simon de Leek, … knights, … in the county of Nottingham. (S) CPRs.
1383, Margaret living.
• Margaret likely d/o John de Vaux: in 2 Edward III [1328-9] a fine was passed between John de Vaux and Sibyl his wife, and Thomas de Sibthorpe, clerk, settling Cotham on John and Sibyl and the heirs of their bodies.
Children of Simon and Margaret:
i. Thomas Leek, born in England.
ii. Sir John Leek, born ? in England.
John married Isabel Towers.
By 5/1380, John a knight.
~1415, John died.
Simon Leek, born ? in England.
Simon married Joan Talbot.
iii. William Leek, born ? in England.
William married Avis Stockton.
1418, William de Leek, Kirketon, … passed lands in Kercolston, Bingham, Aslacton, and Flawbergh to Simon de Leek, Raph, his own son and John, his wife, to Raph, his brother, and John, his said brother’s son; and to Nicholas his brother, and Thomas, son of that Nicholas; …
iv. Ralph Leek, born ? in England.
v. Nicholas Leek (624868), born ~1355 in England.
- ► 2020 (1361)
- ► 2012 (26)
- ► 2011 (488)
- Lord Edmund de Mortimer & Margaret de Fiennes
- Baron Thomas de Berkeley & Joan de Ferrers
- Lord Roger de Clifford & Lady Isabel de Vipont
- Lord Hugh Wake
- Baron John de Saint John & Isabel de Courtney
- Sir Richard de Rokesle & Joan de Criol
- Sir Michael de Ponyings & Dame Margery Bardolf
- Lord Walter de Norwich & Katherine de Hedersete
- Baron Robert de Ufford & Cecily de Valoines
- 2498690ii Burghersh-Verdun
- Lord William de Ferrers & Ellen de Seagrave
- 170 Chambers-Feamster
- 168 Dowden-Harrod
- 162 Tanner-Caine
- 160 Dougherty-Patton
- 158 John N Wilson
- 156 Bowen-Williams
- 154 Hall-Williams
- 152 Couch-Lindley
- 144 Ryan-Spaulding
- 132 Garringer-Smyth
- 130 John Fiers
- Sir Warin de Bassingburn
- Lord Walter Rynell & Maud de Trumpington
- Sir Henry de Willington & Margaret de Freville
- Baron Elyas Daubeney & Joan ?
- Joseph Marie Lacombe & Marie Archange Boutin & Mar...
- Jean Baptiste Dutil & Marie Charlotte Blais
- Francois Lacombe & Angele Bouchard
- Louis Kerouack dit Breton & Marie Angele Gendron
- Joseph Simard & Roselie Morin
- Joseph Mailloux & Marie Madeleine Gamache
- M: 103
- M: 84
- M: 80
- 78 Bowen-Wilson
- M: 76
- M: 74
- M: 72
- John Garringer & Elizabeth Johnson
- Isaac N Maitlen Sr. & Sarah Fiers
- Jean Dutil & Marie Lucie Lacombe
- Francois Narcisse Lacombe & Marie Hamel
- Antoine Kerouac dit Breton & Marie Morin
- Aubin Mailloux & Euphemie Perron Simard
- John M Russel & Elizabeth J Crunk
- M: 48
- M: 42
- M: 40
- 38 Couch-Bowen
- James Madison Ryan & Susan Elizabeth Kyle
- 34 James H Huntley
- William B Maitlen & Rhoda Ann Garringer
- Baron Richard Lovel & Muriel Soules
- Lord Henry Fitz Alan & Rose Bigbury
- Lord Hugh de Valletort & Lucia le Bret
- Lord Richard de Chambernoun & Joanna Valletort
- Sir Nicholas Dauney & Joan Durant
- Sir Ralph de Esse
- Lord William Denebaud & Joan Stocklinch
- Sir Walter Paulet
- Lord John Hamby & Isabel ?
- Sir Henry Gernet & Joan ?
- Sir Nicholas de Charnel & Joan ?
- Sir John de Saint Philibert & Ada Botetourt
- Baron William Trussell & Maud Mainwaring
- Sir Henry de Grene & Catherine de Drayton
- Lord John de Lyons & Alice de St. Liz
- Sir John Chetwode & Lucy ?
- Baron John de Wahull & Isabel Drokenesford
- William Langley in Durham
- Sir Stephen de Stratford & Elizabeth Monhault
- Sir William Meryng of Nottinghamshire
- Richard Vylers Esq. & Elizabeth ?
- Thomas Mauduit & Joan de Bokland
- Lord John Fitz William & Elizabeth Clinton
- Sir Thomas Knollys & Joan ?
- Lord Thomas le Botiller & Lady Alice Beauchamp
- Sir Robert Belknap & Juliane Darset
- Richard Berners Esq. & Philippe Dalyngridge
- Count William Bourchier & Countess Anne of Woodstock
- Lord William Fitz Hugh & Margery Willoughby
- Sir Thomas Dacre & Elizabeth Bowet
- Sir Roger Fiennes & Elizabeth Holand
- Lord William Philip & Lady Joan Bardolf
- Lord Henry Beaumont & Elizabeth Willoughby
- Lord John Deyncourt & Joan Grey
- Lord John Howard Esq. & Joan Walton
- Earl Richard de Vere & Alice Sergeaux
- Sir Richard de Arches & Joan Arden
- Lord John de Dynham & Philippe Lovel
- Thomas Carmynow Esq. & Joan Hill
- Sir Nicholas Carew & Joan Courtenay
- Lord Walter Hungerford & Katherine Peverell
- Sir John Courtenay & Joan Champernon
- Sir Richard Champernoun & Isabella Bonville
- John Frome Esq.
- Lord John Filoll & Margaret le Walissh
- Roger Wentworth Esq. & Margery Despenser
- Robert Coker Esq. & Michaela Marchant
- ▼ June (199)