1270144. Lord John Biccombe & 1270145. Isolda Crowcombe
Search Amazon.com for History of Carhampton
~1320, John born in England, s/o 2540288. Robert Biccombe.
1333, Isolda [aka “Iseult”] born in Crowcombe, England, s/o §Simon Craucumbe, Junr.
4/24/1346, “John Ledderde the younger, appointed ‘Sire Roberd Viker de Tymberscomb’ to deliver seisin to John de Bykcomb: his land in Bykcomb”. [A “seisin” is a freehold (held in fee or for life) estate - at one time land could only be held in seisin, because all land was owned by the reigning sovereign.]
Isolda’s father died.
1350, Isolda, age 16 and more, heiress to her uncle, older brother of her father of the same name.
1350, the manor of Broomfield was in the possession of John of Biccombe, lord of the manor of Biccombe, in the parish of Timberscombe.
1352, John married Isolda. “Savage records that in the reign of Edward III (1327-1372) the family greatly increased their land possessions, by the marriage of John de Biccombe with Isolda, daughter and heiress of Simon de Crocombe.” [This marriage marks a turning-point in the history of the Biccombe family. Thereafter their ancestral home was regarded Biccombe as secondary to a larger property on the Quantocks. Their descendants have lived at Crowcombe for the better part of six centuries.]
1354, “John de Biccombe held his first court for the moiety (half) of the manor of Crocombe which from him was called Crocombe-Biccombe, the prioress of Studley holding the other moiety. He was also lord of the manor of Broomfield, in right of his wife.” (S) History of Carhampton, Somerset, Publ. 1830, James Savage.
3/26/1354, The rector of Enmore and John of Biccombe bound themselves to the Bishop of Bath and Wells in the sum of 40 shillings. On the same day, they bound themselves to him in 100 shillings apiece and furthermore granted to him and his heirs 10 shillings a year out of the rector’s lands at Broomfield and Enmore, and the like out of lands at Crowcombe and Timberscombe. On the same day, Iseult the wife of John of Biccombe received episcopal license to spend the next 5 months in the priory at Canngton.
1359, Iseult and John of Biccombe were sued for disseising the parson of Crowcombe of his common of pasture.
(S) Notes and Queries for Somerset and Dorset, V6, 1899, P51.
Child of John and Iseult:
i. Robert Biccombe (635072), born ~1354 in England.
- ► 2020 (1361)
- ► 2012 (26)
- ► 2011 (488)
- Lord Edmund de Mortimer & Margaret de Fiennes
- Baron Thomas de Berkeley & Joan de Ferrers
- Lord Roger de Clifford & Lady Isabel de Vipont
- Lord Hugh Wake
- Baron John de Saint John & Isabel de Courtney
- Sir Richard de Rokesle & Joan de Criol
- Sir Michael de Ponyings & Dame Margery Bardolf
- Lord Walter de Norwich & Katherine de Hedersete
- Baron Robert de Ufford & Cecily de Valoines
- 2498690ii Burghersh-Verdun
- Lord William de Ferrers & Ellen de Seagrave
- 170 Chambers-Feamster
- 168 Dowden-Harrod
- 162 Tanner-Caine
- 160 Dougherty-Patton
- 158 John N Wilson
- 156 Bowen-Williams
- 154 Hall-Williams
- 152 Couch-Lindley
- 144 Ryan-Spaulding
- 132 Garringer-Smyth
- 130 John Fiers
- Sir Warin de Bassingburn
- Lord Walter Rynell & Maud de Trumpington
- Sir Henry de Willington & Margaret de Freville
- Baron Elyas Daubeney & Joan ?
- Joseph Marie Lacombe & Marie Archange Boutin & Mar...
- Jean Baptiste Dutil & Marie Charlotte Blais
- Francois Lacombe & Angele Bouchard
- Louis Kerouack dit Breton & Marie Angele Gendron
- Joseph Simard & Roselie Morin
- Joseph Mailloux & Marie Madeleine Gamache
- M: 103
- M: 84
- M: 80
- 78 Bowen-Wilson
- M: 76
- M: 74
- M: 72
- John Garringer & Elizabeth Johnson
- Isaac N Maitlen Sr. & Sarah Fiers
- Jean Dutil & Marie Lucie Lacombe
- Francois Narcisse Lacombe & Marie Hamel
- Antoine Kerouac dit Breton & Marie Morin
- Aubin Mailloux & Euphemie Perron Simard
- John M Russel & Elizabeth J Crunk
- M: 48
- M: 42
- M: 40
- 38 Couch-Bowen
- James Madison Ryan & Susan Elizabeth Kyle
- 34 James H Huntley
- William B Maitlen & Rhoda Ann Garringer
- Baron Richard Lovel & Muriel Soules
- Lord Henry Fitz Alan & Rose Bigbury
- Lord Hugh de Valletort & Lucia le Bret
- Lord Richard de Chambernoun & Joanna Valletort
- Sir Nicholas Dauney & Joan Durant
- Sir Ralph de Esse
- Lord William Denebaud & Joan Stocklinch
- Sir Walter Paulet
- Lord John Hamby & Isabel ?
- Sir Henry Gernet & Joan ?
- Sir Nicholas de Charnel & Joan ?
- Sir John de Saint Philibert & Ada Botetourt
- Baron William Trussell & Maud Mainwaring
- Sir Henry de Grene & Catherine de Drayton
- Lord John de Lyons & Alice de St. Liz
- Sir John Chetwode & Lucy ?
- Baron John de Wahull & Isabel Drokenesford
- William Langley in Durham
- Sir Stephen de Stratford & Elizabeth Monhault
- Sir William Meryng of Nottinghamshire
- Richard Vylers Esq. & Elizabeth ?
- Thomas Mauduit & Joan de Bokland
- Lord John Fitz William & Elizabeth Clinton
- Sir Thomas Knollys & Joan ?
- Lord Thomas le Botiller & Lady Alice Beauchamp
- Sir Robert Belknap & Juliane Darset
- Richard Berners Esq. & Philippe Dalyngridge
- Count William Bourchier & Countess Anne of Woodstock
- Lord William Fitz Hugh & Margery Willoughby
- Sir Thomas Dacre & Elizabeth Bowet
- Sir Roger Fiennes & Elizabeth Holand
- Lord William Philip & Lady Joan Bardolf
- Lord Henry Beaumont & Elizabeth Willoughby
- Lord John Deyncourt & Joan Grey
- Lord John Howard Esq. & Joan Walton
- Earl Richard de Vere & Alice Sergeaux
- Sir Richard de Arches & Joan Arden
- Lord John de Dynham & Philippe Lovel
- Thomas Carmynow Esq. & Joan Hill
- Sir Nicholas Carew & Joan Courtenay
- Lord Walter Hungerford & Katherine Peverell
- Sir John Courtenay & Joan Champernon
- Sir Richard Champernoun & Isabella Bonville
- John Frome Esq.
- Lord John Filoll & Margaret le Walissh
- Roger Wentworth Esq. & Margery Despenser
- Robert Coker Esq. & Michaela Marchant
- ▼ June (199)