1878. Noel Lebrun dit Carrier & 1879. Anne Brochu
11/22/1665, Noel “Brem” baptized in Saint-Nicolas ou basse-ville à Boulogne-sur-Mer dans le Pas-de-Calais, France; s/o 3756. Jean Lebrun & 3757. Catherine Caffier.
11/23/1665, Noel baptized. Godfather was Noel Gorre, godmother Anne du Chossoy.
3/26/1678, Anne born in Ste Famille, Ile d’Orleans, Canada; d/o 3888. Jean Brochu dit LaFontaine & 3889. Nicolle Saunier.
3/28/1678, Anne baptized in St Jean.
1681 census of Ste Famille, I.O.; Anne, age 4, living with her parents and siblings.
1689, Anne lived with her family in the southwest section of the I.O.
7/8/1696, a Sunday, Noel, a protestant, signed his wedding contract before notary Grenaple. This is the 1st use of “dit Carrier” – “working in a quarry”. Attending were Anne’s father Jean, Pierre Blain, Jean Auger, Charles Mossion, Pierre Moreau, Francois Moreau. Anne’s father promised to give the sum of 400 pounds during the first year of the marriage. Noel “Brem” promised to give the same amount to his future wife. Noel signed the wedding document.
9/9/1696, Noel rented a house on Du Palais street from Timothee Roussel, a surgeon, at a cost of 72 pounds. Noel was a locksmith and knife maker for Bochart de Champigny.
6/1697, The money from the wedding used to purchase their first house, the house of Laurent Tareau in St Vallier. The land was 3 arpents frontage on the St Lawrence by 40 arpents deep. The dwelling was “a stone-built house with a roof made of boards and straw”. The neighbor to the east was Noel Leroy, and to the west was Jean Tanguay.
2/4/1697, a Monday, in St Jean, I.O., Quebec, Noel married Anne.
3/29/1699, Noel testified that his father-in-law owed merchant Duprat 200 pounds.
1709, Noel’s property in St Vallier had a small river going through it. (S) Catalogne map.
4/28/1710, Noel exchanged a lot inherited from his father-in-law with a lot of Guillaume Leroy. Witnesses: Pierre Corriveau, Jacques Corriveau.
5/6/1710, in completing the contracted lot exchange: Guillaume Leroy gave to Noel Brem a lot located in the seigniory of La Durantaye, having one arpent of frontage by 40 of depth, limited by the St. Lawrence river, and by the lot of Jean-baptiste ("Baptiste") Leroy. Noel “Brem” declared to have a good knowledge of the lot since Guillaume Leroy was his neighbor. Guillaume Leroy had inherited this lot from Pierre Bassin and Marquerite Leblond, father and mother of his wife. Present were: Guillaume Leroy, Noel Leroy, Angelique Basin his wife, Noel Brem [dit Lebrun and dit Carrier, senior], taillandier [not a farmer], living in the seigniory of La Durantaye, Anne Brochu his wife, Bernard Gontier Sr de Beaumont, seigneur, and Nicole Saulnier, widow of Jean Brochu and mother-in-law of Noel Brem.
4/29/1719, Noel received a concession from Louis Joseph Morel, Louis Beaudoin tax prosecutor and neighbor was the witness.
1721, Noel and family still lived in St Vallier.
1/30/1729 in St Vallier de Bellechasse, Noel attended the wedding of his daughter Elisabeth.
12/28/1749, Anne died, age 71, in St Vallier, Bellechasse [La Durantaye].
1/15/1756, a Thursday, Noel, actual age 91, died in Berthier sur Mer; buried the next day. “In the year 1756, on January 15th, has been buried in this parish, by us undersigned, missionary from Berthier, having received ordinaries ceremonies, Noel Lebrun dit Carrier, frenchman, aged of approxymativly 112 after having confessed his sins and having received the last sacrament. Many persons assisted to his burial. Some have signed and others have declared being unable to sign.”
(S) Denis Carrier, Notre-Dame-du-Nord, Quebec.
• According to (S) Rene Jette, Noel deceased 1/16/1715 at Hotel Dieu, Quebec.
• Note: “St Michel” split forming “St Phillipe and St Jacques”, which later became “St Vallier”.
Children of Noel and Anne:
i. Marie Anne Lebrun (965), born 12/12/1697 in St Michel de Bellechasse, Canada.
ii. Marguerite Lebrun, baptized on 2/21/1700 in La Durantaye, Québec, Canada.
8/24/1727 Marguerite married Etienne Veau dit Sylvain.
10/19/1755, Marguerite buried.
iii. Angelique Helene Lebrun, baptized on 5/2/1702 in St Michel de Bellechasse, Québec, Canada.
11/24/1721 in St Vallier, Angelique married Joseph Gautron, s/o 1928. Michel Gautron dit La Rochelle & 1929. Madeleine Bissonnette.
10/31/1758, Angelique, age 56, buried in St Vallier.
iv. Noel Lebrun dit Carrier, baptized on 9/16/1704 in La Durantaye, Québec, Canada. [Possibly Twin]
[Likely born in 1703, and baptized with his little sister.]
8/6/1743 in St Vallier, Noel married 485. Marie Ursule Agnes Roy.
12/22/1749, Noel buried.
v. Marie Therese Lebrun, baptized on 9/16/1704 in La Durantaye, Québec, Canada. [Possibly Twin]
1/15/1730, Therese married Pierre Dodier, s/o Ange Dodier & Marguerite Pare.
1744, Therese, age 40, died.
[Their son Louis would be hatcheted to death in bed by his wife Marie Corriveau – beginning a famous trial.]
vi. Elisabeth Lebrun (939), born 1705 in St Michel de Bellechasse, Canada.
vii. Rene Carrier, baptized on 3/6/1707 in La Durantaye, Québec, Canada.
viii. Louis Lebrun, baptized on 5/19/1709 in La Durantaye, Québec, Canada.
3/27/1744, Louis, age 35, buried.
ix. Joseph Lebrun, baptized on 8/4/1712 in Berthier, Bellechasse, Québec, Canada.
11/11/1737 in St Vallier, Joseph married Genevieve, d/o Joseph D’Allaire & Madeleine Bidet.
12/22/1749, Joseph, age 37, died in St Michel.
x. Etienne Lebrun, baptized on 10/7/1714 in Berthier, Bellechasse, Québec, Canada.
4/13/1739 in St Vallier, Etienne married Agathe, d/o Joseph Allaire & Madeleine Bidet.
6/27/1742 in St Joachim, Etienne married Marguerite, d/o Rene Bolduc & Marguerite Malboeuf.
11/18/1761, Joseph, age 47, died in St Michel.
- ► 2020 (1361)
- ► 2012 (26)
- ► 2011 (488)
- M: 2500
- M: 2498
- Obediah Bowen & Mary Clifton
- M: 2460
- M: 2456
- M: 2452
- M: 2450
- M: 2448
- Lord Edmund de Thorpe & Joan Bainard
- Sir Hugh de Hastings & Margaret de Everingham
- Sir Saier de Rochford & Joan Hillary
- Lord Richard de Roos & Matilda ?
- Collector Frederick de Tylney & Margery Lyne
- Earl John de Vere & Countess Maud de Badlesmere
- Baron John de Segrave & Countess Margaret Plantagenet
- Francois Elie dit Breton & Francoise Bidet
- Etienne Corriveau & Catherine Bureau
- Jean Francois Lemelin dit Tourangeau & Marie Margu...
- Adrien Isabelle & Catherine Poitevin
- Guillaume Baucher dit Morency & Marie Anne Paradis
- Robert Mathieu Choret & Sebastienne Veillon
- Barthélémy Gandin & Marthe Cognac
- Etienne Mesny & Catherine Laine
- Pierre Martin & Marie Buot
- Esprit Carbonneau & Marguerite Landry
- Antoine Leblanc dit Jolicoeur & Elisabeth Roy
- Louis Coulombe & Jeanne Boucault
- Michel Chartier & Catherine Chamberland
- Pierre Balan dit Lacombe & Renee Biret
- Louis Jinchereau & Marie Magnier & Michel Chartier
- Louis Gagne & Marie Gagnon
- Baron John de Moubray & Joan of Lancaster
- Lord Robert de Scales & Katherine de Ufford
- Admiral John Howard & Alice de Boys
- Lord Gilbert de Haukwode
- Sir William de Welles & Agnes ?
- Sir John de Coggeshall & Margaret de Staunton
- Sir James Tirrell & Margaret Heron
- Baron John le Strange & Ankaret le Boteler
- Sir Roger de Grey of Ruthin & Elizabeth de Hastings
- Sir John de Clifton & Elizabeth de Cromwell
- Sir John Knyvet & Eleanor Basset
- Pascal Mercier & Anne Cloutier
- Jean Rabouin & Marguerite Leclerc
- Moise Jacques Baudoin & Francoise Durand
- Pierre Blais & Anne Perrault
- Francois Robin & Marie Francoise Migneron
- Pierre Courteau & Marie Madeleine St Denis
- Jean Francois Langlois & Genevieve Rousseau
- Jacques Boulet & Marie Francoise Fournier
- Claude Lefebvre dit Boulanger & Marie Arcular
- Jean Fradet & Jeanne Helie le Breton
- Charles Allaire & Marie Bidet des Roussel
- Jean Brochu & Marie Francoise de Launay
- Sir Thomas de Goushill
- Sir William le English & Margaret le Brun
- Sir John de Harrington & Katherine Banastre
- Sir Thomas de Lathom & Joan Venables
- Lord William de Stanlegh & Alice de Mascy
- Sir William Pipard & Margery ?
- Lord Gerard de Lisle & Eleanor de Arundel
- Baron Thomas de Berkeley & Margaret de Mortimer
- Marie Madeleine Fontaine
- Nicolas LeRoy & Jeanne Lelievre
- Etienne Veau dit Sylvain & Marguerite Gagnon
- Nicolas Bouchard & Anne LeRoy
- Jean Cloutier & Louise Belanger
- Joseph David Lacroix & Marie Barthelemy Mailloux
- Michel Gautron dit La Rochelle & Marie Madeleine B...
- Pierre Trudel & Francoise LeFrancois
- Jacques Asselin & Marie Morisset
- Sir Philip Peyver
- Noel Lebrun dit Carrier & Anne Brochu
- Jean Pascal Mercier & Marie Madeleine Boucher
- Simon Bilodeau & Anne Turcot
- Jacques Gendron dit Lafontaine & Marie Anne Charla...
- Eustache Fortin dit Bellefontaine & Louise Cloutier
- Pierre Bernier & Marie Francoise Boulay
- Charles Langelier & Marie Francoise Destroismaison...
- Thomas Gerberge Esq. & Bretta Banyard
- Lord Simon de Hetherset & Cecily ?
- Lord Giles de Wachesham & Amice ?
- Hugh Berrye Esq. & Cecily Hengrave
- Walter de Paston & Cecily de Peche
- Sir Edmund de Dacre & Elizabeth ?
- Lord Henry de Atherton & Emma de Aintree
- Sir Robert de Nevill & Isabel de Byron
- Sir Thomas Clarell & Isabel Comyn
- John de Berden Esq. & Elizabeth Madet
- Sir Alexander de Mowbray
- Lord William Gascoigne & Agnes Franke
- Charles Fortin dit Bellefontaine & Marie Sainte Cl...
- Joseph Normand & Marie Choret
- Abraham Methot & Marie Madeleine Mezeray
- Jean Baptiste Bernier & Marie Genevieve Caron
- M: 1856
- Jean Gagnon & Marguerite Drouin
- Vincent Verdon & Genevieve Pelletier
- Jean Cote & Anne Martin
- Jacques Fortin & Catherine Miville
- ▼ July (240)