2496. Obediah Bowen & 2497. Mary Clifton
Search Amazon.com for Rehoboth, Bristol
7/1/1627, Obediah born in Swansea, Glamorganshire, Wales; s/o 4992. Richard Bowen & 4993. Ann ?.
1628, Mary born in Wales, England; d/o 4994. Thomas Clifton & 4995. Mary ?.
1638-1643, Obediah immigrated to America to MA with his parents.
1648 in Rehoboth, Bristol Co., MA, Obediah married Mary.
Obediah listed on a committee recording an agreement with Miles Standish as purchasers of Sowams.
1657, Obediah took the oath of “Fidelitie” in Rehoboth.
6/22/1658, “At at town-meeting lawfully warned, lots were drawn for the meadows that lie on the north side of the town, in as followeth, according to person and estate:” 1. John Peck … 22. Richard Bowen, sen. 23. Obadiah Bowen, … 44. Richard Bowen, jr. … (S) The history of Rehoboth, Bliss.
1666, Obediah an inhabitant of Rehoboth.
1667, Swansea broke off from Rehoboth.
1670, Obediah an inhabitant of Swansea.
1671, Obediah on Bristol Co. tax list.
1672, “Obediah Bowen, Sur.” sold 60 acres to Nathanie Chaffe.
1679, Obediah one of several recipients of land lots.
1681, Obediah a Representative for Swansea.
8/21/1681, Obediah a jury foreman in a death by drowning of 2 men.
2/18/1697, Mary died in Rehoboth, MA.
2/7/1689, A list of the name of the proprietors, not inhabitants, of The Towne of Rehoboth; … Obidiah Bowen, sen’r. … Obidiah Bowen, jun’r.
12/11/1708, Obediah wrote his will: grown ancient; beq to sons Samuel and Joseph and dau Hannah Brooks; gr. ch. Aaron, Daniel and Nathan, sons of dec. son Obadiah; four pewter platters, given to him when he was baptized, he beq to four gr. daus. Katherine, Sarah, Alice and Elizabeth B.; some land recorded in Rehoboth he gave to James and Hezekiah B.; also beq to Lydia Mason.
9/10/1710, Obediah died in Swansea, MA; buried with Mary in Bowen Family Cemetery, Read Farm, Warren, RI. [His estate showed only cow as farm animals.]
• Obediah and his wife, members of the First Baptist Church of Swansea, were warned frequently about poor attendance.
Children of Obediah and Mary:
i. Obediah Bowen, born 9/18/1651 in Rehoboth, Bristol Co., MA.
7/25/1677 in Rehoboth, Obediah married Abigail Bullock, d/o Richard.
7/11/1699, Obediah died in Rehoboth.
ii. Mary Bowen, born 1/18/1653 in Rehoboth, Bristol Co., MA.
5/30/1673 in Rehoboth, Mary married Isaac Allen.
iii. Samuel Bowen (1248), born 7/16/1659 in Rehoboth, Bristol Co., MA.
iv. Joseph Bowen, born 6/26/1662 in Rehoboth, Bristol Co., MA.
1688 in MA, Joseph married Elizabeth Round.
12/27/1727, Joseph died in Rehoboth.
v. Thomas Bowen, born 8/3/1664 in Rehoboth, Bristol Co., MA.
6/17/1689, Thomas married Thankful Mason, d/o Sampson & Mary Butterworth.
1743, Thomas died; buried with his parents.
vi. Hannah Bowen, born 5/3/1665 in Rehoboth, Bristol Co., MA.
Hannah married Rev. Timothy Brooks.
vii. Lydia Bowen, born 4/23/1666 in Rehoboth, Bristol Co., MA.
9/4/1686 in Swansea, MA, Lydia married Joseph Mason, s/o Sampson & Mary Butterworth.
3/25/1758, Lydia died in Rehoboth.
viii. Mercy Bowen, born 3/18/1672 in Rehoboth, Bristol Co., MA.
ix. Isaac Bowen, born 9/30/1674 in Rehoboth, Bristol Co., MA.
- ► 2020 (1360)
- ► 2012 (26)
- ► 2011 (488)
- M: 2500
- M: 2498
- M: 2496
- M: 2460
- M: 2456
- M: 2452
- M: 2450
- M: 2448
- Lord Edmund de Thorpe & Joan Bainard
- Sir Hugh de Hastings & Margaret de Everingham
- Sir Saier de Rochford & Joan Hillary
- Lord Richard de Roos & Matilda ?
- Collector Frederick de Tylney & Margery Lyne
- Earl John de Vere & Countess Maud de Badlesmere
- Baron John de Segrave & Countess Margaret Plantagenet
- M: 2046
- M: 2044
- M: 2042 Lemelin-Brassard
- M: 2040 Isabelle-Poitevin
- M: 2038
- M: 2036
- M: 2034
- M: 2030
- M: 2026
- M: 2024
- M: 2022
- M: 2020
- M: 2018
- M: 2016
- M: 2014
- M: 2010
- Baron John de Moubray & Joan of Lancaster
- Lord Robert de Scales & Katherine de Ufford
- Admiral John Howard & Alice de Boys
- Lord Gilbert de Haukwode
- Sir William de Welles & Agnes ?
- Sir John de Coggeshall & Margaret de Staunton
- Sir James Tirrell & Margaret Heron
- Baron John le Strange & Ankaret le Boteler
- Sir Roger de Grey of Ruthin & Elizabeth de Hastings
- Sir John de Clifton & Elizabeth de Cromwell
- Sir John Knyvet & Eleanor Basset
- M: 2008
- M: 2006
- M: 2002
- M: 2000
- M: 1998
- M: 1996
- M: 1994
- M: 1992
- M: 1988
- M: 1950
- M: 1946
- M: 1944
- Sir Thomas de Goushill
- Sir William le English & Margaret le Brun
- Sir John de Harrington & Katherine Banastre
- Sir Thomas de Lathom & Joan Venables
- Lord William de Stanlegh & Alice de Mascy
- Sir William Pipard & Margery ?
- Lord Gerard de Lisle & Eleanor de Arundel
- Baron Thomas de Berkeley & Margaret de Mortimer
- M: 1943
- M: 1940
- M: 1938
- M: 1936
- M: 1934
- M: 1932
- M: 1928
- M: 1882
- M: 1880
- Sir Philip Peyver
- M: 1878
- M: 1876
- M: 1874
- M: 1872
- M: 1870
- M: 1868
- M: 1866
- Thomas Gerberge Esq. & Bretta Banyard
- Lord Simon de Hetherset & Cecily ?
- Lord Giles de Wachesham & Amice ?
- Hugh Berrye Esq. & Cecily Hengrave
- Walter de Paston & Cecily de Peche
- Sir Edmund de Dacre & Elizabeth ?
- Lord Henry de Atherton & Emma de Aintree
- Sir Robert de Nevill & Isabel de Byron
- Sir Thomas Clarell & Isabel Comyn
- John de Berden Esq. & Elizabeth Madet
- Sir Alexander de Mowbray
- Lord William Gascoigne & Agnes Franke
- M: 1864
- M: 1862
- M: 1860
- M: 1858
- M: 1856
- M: 1836
- M: 1834
- M: 1832 Cote-Martin
- M: 1830
- ▼ July (240)