306. John Lindley & 307. Sarah Pyle
Search Amazon.com for Cane Creek Monthly Meeting
10/13/1747, John born in London Grove, Chester Co., PA, s/o 612. Thomas Lindley & 613. Ruth Hadley.
11/10/1750, Sarah born in Hartford Co., MD; d/o 614. Col. John Pyle & 615. Sarah Baldwin.
By 1753, the Lindley’s had moved to NC.
3/16/1768 in Orange Co., NC, John married Sarah.
8/6/1768, John charged by the Cane Creek MM for marrying outside the Quaker community.
11/5/1768, John disowned by the Cane Creek MM.
1775, John commissioned as a Captain in the British militia of NC by his father-in-law, Col. John Pyle.
3/15/1780, John named in the will of his father Thomas.
3/24/1781, John, of Almance, NC, supplied British forces with 42 bushels of wheat for which he later filed a claim against the British government. [1781, John’s father died the day after the Battle of Lindley’s Mill in NC near the family home.]
When the Revolutionary War was embattling NC, which fell to American forces, the family moved to Maryland, and then SC.
1784, John identified in his brother William’s will in Orange Co., NC as having the “plantation joining James Newlin’s”. [William’s son William owned the plantation formerly owned by John.]
7/5/1798, John died in Anderson Co., SC.
Sarah moved with her children to Christian Co., KY.
• Son Simon was a Baptist minister. Her wrote a math book, called a “Cypher”. The last page of the book contains family data including the names of his parents and birthdates of his siblings.
• A grandson, Jonathan Lindley, born 1814, died at the Alamo.
Children of John and Sarah:
i. Simon Lindley, born 1/20/1769 in Orange Co., NC.
7/14/1789, Simon married Anna Stanley.
2/12/1797 in Orange Co., NC, Simon married Susannah Stout.
1807, They moved to IL.
6/5/1809 in Christian Co., KY, Simon married Mary Elizabeth Hall.
8/30/1827, Simon died while a member of the Liberty Baptist Church on Lick Creek, Sangamon Co., IL.
ii. Elizabeth Lindley (153), born 9/26/1772 in Orange Co., NC.
iii. James Lindley, born 1775.
iv. John Lindley, born 1779.
v. Jacob Marion Lindley, born ?.
1811 in TN, Jacob married Clara Anne Terry.
- ► 2020 (1361)
- ► 2012 (26)
- ► 2011 (488)
- M: 2500
- M: 2498
- Obediah Bowen & Mary Clifton
- M: 2460
- M: 2456
- M: 2452
- M: 2450
- M: 2448
- Lord Edmund de Thorpe & Joan Bainard
- Sir Hugh de Hastings & Margaret de Everingham
- Sir Saier de Rochford & Joan Hillary
- Lord Richard de Roos & Matilda ?
- Collector Frederick de Tylney & Margery Lyne
- Earl John de Vere & Countess Maud de Badlesmere
- Baron John de Segrave & Countess Margaret Plantagenet
- Francois Elie dit Breton & Francoise Bidet
- Etienne Corriveau & Catherine Bureau
- Jean Francois Lemelin dit Tourangeau & Marie Margu...
- Adrien Isabelle & Catherine Poitevin
- Guillaume Baucher dit Morency & Marie Anne Paradis
- Robert Mathieu Choret & Sebastienne Veillon
- Barthélémy Gandin & Marthe Cognac
- Etienne Mesny & Catherine Laine
- Pierre Martin & Marie Buot
- Esprit Carbonneau & Marguerite Landry
- Antoine Leblanc dit Jolicoeur & Elisabeth Roy
- Louis Coulombe & Jeanne Boucault
- Michel Chartier & Catherine Chamberland
- Pierre Balan dit Lacombe & Renee Biret
- Louis Jinchereau & Marie Magnier & Michel Chartier
- Louis Gagne & Marie Gagnon
- Baron John de Moubray & Joan of Lancaster
- Lord Robert de Scales & Katherine de Ufford
- Admiral John Howard & Alice de Boys
- Lord Gilbert de Haukwode
- Sir William de Welles & Agnes ?
- Sir John de Coggeshall & Margaret de Staunton
- Sir James Tirrell & Margaret Heron
- Baron John le Strange & Ankaret le Boteler
- Sir Roger de Grey of Ruthin & Elizabeth de Hastings
- Sir John de Clifton & Elizabeth de Cromwell
- Sir John Knyvet & Eleanor Basset
- Pascal Mercier & Anne Cloutier
- Jean Rabouin & Marguerite Leclerc
- Moise Jacques Baudoin & Francoise Durand
- Pierre Blais & Anne Perrault
- Francois Robin & Marie Francoise Migneron
- Pierre Courteau & Marie Madeleine St Denis
- Jean Francois Langlois & Genevieve Rousseau
- Jacques Boulet & Marie Francoise Fournier
- Claude Lefebvre dit Boulanger & Marie Arcular
- Jean Fradet & Jeanne Helie le Breton
- Charles Allaire & Marie Bidet des Roussel
- Jean Brochu & Marie Francoise de Launay
- Sir Thomas de Goushill
- Sir William le English & Margaret le Brun
- Sir John de Harrington & Katherine Banastre
- Sir Thomas de Lathom & Joan Venables
- Lord William de Stanlegh & Alice de Mascy
- Sir William Pipard & Margery ?
- Lord Gerard de Lisle & Eleanor de Arundel
- Baron Thomas de Berkeley & Margaret de Mortimer
- Marie Madeleine Fontaine
- Nicolas LeRoy & Jeanne Lelievre
- Etienne Veau dit Sylvain & Marguerite Gagnon
- Nicolas Bouchard & Anne LeRoy
- Jean Cloutier & Louise Belanger
- Joseph David Lacroix & Marie Barthelemy Mailloux
- Michel Gautron dit La Rochelle & Marie Madeleine B...
- Pierre Trudel & Francoise LeFrancois
- Jacques Asselin & Marie Morisset
- Sir Philip Peyver
- Noel Lebrun dit Carrier & Anne Brochu
- Jean Pascal Mercier & Marie Madeleine Boucher
- Simon Bilodeau & Anne Turcot
- Jacques Gendron dit Lafontaine & Marie Anne Charla...
- Eustache Fortin dit Bellefontaine & Louise Cloutier
- Pierre Bernier & Marie Francoise Boulay
- Charles Langelier & Marie Francoise Destroismaison...
- Thomas Gerberge Esq. & Bretta Banyard
- Lord Simon de Hetherset & Cecily ?
- Lord Giles de Wachesham & Amice ?
- Hugh Berrye Esq. & Cecily Hengrave
- Walter de Paston & Cecily de Peche
- Sir Edmund de Dacre & Elizabeth ?
- Lord Henry de Atherton & Emma de Aintree
- Sir Robert de Nevill & Isabel de Byron
- Sir Thomas Clarell & Isabel Comyn
- John de Berden Esq. & Elizabeth Madet
- Sir Alexander de Mowbray
- Lord William Gascoigne & Agnes Franke
- Charles Fortin dit Bellefontaine & Marie Sainte Cl...
- Joseph Normand & Marie Choret
- Abraham Methot & Marie Madeleine Mezeray
- Jean Baptiste Bernier & Marie Genevieve Caron
- M: 1856
- Jean Gagnon & Marguerite Drouin
- Vincent Verdon & Genevieve Pelletier
- Jean Cote & Anne Martin
- Jacques Fortin & Catherine Miville
- ▼ July (240)