338. William Harrod & 339. Letitia Coombs
9/26/1764, William born in Berkeley Co. [now Frederick Co.], VA [now WV]; s/o 676. John Harrod & 677. Rachel Sheperd.
~1765, Letitia born in PA; d/o 678. John Coombs & 679. Alice Jolly.
1780, William lived in Bedford, PA.
1781, William moved with his uncle Col. James Harrod to Lincoln Co., KY.
3/5/1783, William was in court in Harrodsburg, Mercer Co., KY; accused of selling spirituous liquor without a license.
1785-86, William lived with his uncle James Harrod in Nelson Co., KY. (S) 1819 deposition.
1786-87, William married Letitia in KY.
1/11/1787, William lived in Mercer Co., KY.
4/5/1798, William signed a marriage bond in Nelson Co., KY for Alcey Combs & Samuel Herrin. Alcey’s father, John Combs, gave his permission for her to marry.
8/12/1800, “Lettice” left 10 pounds in the will of her father.
2/14/1802, William received into 14 Mile Baptist Church of Clark Co., IN the same day as his sister Catharine Harrod Newlin, wife of George Newland. William became an Elder in the Silver Creek Baptist church.
1807, William a resident of Clark Co., IN. (S) Voter list.
5/12/1819, William gave a deposition on a trip back to KY.
(S) 1820 Census, IN, Clark Co., Charlestown. William over age 45, 2 daughters 10-16, 2 daughters 17-26, wife over 45.
(S) 1830 Census, IN, Scott Co. William, age 50-60, wife age 50-60. Multiple young unknown members living in the household.
11/7/1832 in Scott Co., IN, William applied for a pension. [Likely for service against the Indians.]
(S) 1840 Census, IN, Owen Co. William, age 70-80, lived with his son-in-law Zacharia Dowden married to his daughter Catharine.
9/8/1843, William wrote his attorney John Mitchell: “Gossport, Owen Co., Indiana. Dear Sir, With great respect I address to you a few lines. I am very unwell at present. I expect this will be the last lines that you will ever receive from me. I wish you to receive my pension and send it on as soon as you can conveniently and pay yourself out of the money. Yours with due respect, William Harrod.”
William died in Gossport, Owen Co., IN.
Children of William and Letitia:
i. Samuel Harrod, born 1786 in ?.
(S) Birthdate from Tombstone.
12/19/1814, Samuel married Mary Weir in Clark Co., IN.
10/8/1856, Samuel died in Jefferson Co., IN; buried two days later in Gassaway Cem.
i. Rachel Harrod (169), born ~1790 in Nelson Co., KY.
iii. Catharine Harrod, born 1798-99 in KY.
5/28/1817, Catharine married Zachariah Dowden in Jackson Co., IN; s/o 336. Zephaniah Dowden & 337. Mary Blizard.
iv. Elce Harrod, born 11/2/1801 in Clark Co., IN.
8/10/1821, Elce married James Harrell in Jackson Co., IN.
11/6/1870, Elce died in Winnebago, IN.
v. Letitia Harrod, born 6/11/1803 in Clark Co., IN.
8/20/1821, Letitia married Thomas C Johnson in Jackson Co., IN.
6/16/1869, Letitia died in Owen Co., IN; buried in Riverside Cem., Spencer.
vi. Anna Harrod, born 1/5/1805 in Clark Co., IN.
2/21/1823, Anna married William Mitchell in Washington Co., IN.
- ► 2020 (1361)
- ► 2012 (26)
- ► 2011 (488)
- M: 2500
- M: 2498
- Obediah Bowen & Mary Clifton
- M: 2460
- M: 2456
- M: 2452
- M: 2450
- M: 2448
- Lord Edmund de Thorpe & Joan Bainard
- Sir Hugh de Hastings & Margaret de Everingham
- Sir Saier de Rochford & Joan Hillary
- Lord Richard de Roos & Matilda ?
- Collector Frederick de Tylney & Margery Lyne
- Earl John de Vere & Countess Maud de Badlesmere
- Baron John de Segrave & Countess Margaret Plantagenet
- Francois Elie dit Breton & Francoise Bidet
- Etienne Corriveau & Catherine Bureau
- Jean Francois Lemelin dit Tourangeau & Marie Margu...
- Adrien Isabelle & Catherine Poitevin
- Guillaume Baucher dit Morency & Marie Anne Paradis
- Robert Mathieu Choret & Sebastienne Veillon
- Barthélémy Gandin & Marthe Cognac
- Etienne Mesny & Catherine Laine
- Pierre Martin & Marie Buot
- Esprit Carbonneau & Marguerite Landry
- Antoine Leblanc dit Jolicoeur & Elisabeth Roy
- Louis Coulombe & Jeanne Boucault
- Michel Chartier & Catherine Chamberland
- Pierre Balan dit Lacombe & Renee Biret
- Louis Jinchereau & Marie Magnier & Michel Chartier
- Louis Gagne & Marie Gagnon
- Baron John de Moubray & Joan of Lancaster
- Lord Robert de Scales & Katherine de Ufford
- Admiral John Howard & Alice de Boys
- Lord Gilbert de Haukwode
- Sir William de Welles & Agnes ?
- Sir John de Coggeshall & Margaret de Staunton
- Sir James Tirrell & Margaret Heron
- Baron John le Strange & Ankaret le Boteler
- Sir Roger de Grey of Ruthin & Elizabeth de Hastings
- Sir John de Clifton & Elizabeth de Cromwell
- Sir John Knyvet & Eleanor Basset
- Pascal Mercier & Anne Cloutier
- Jean Rabouin & Marguerite Leclerc
- Moise Jacques Baudoin & Francoise Durand
- Pierre Blais & Anne Perrault
- Francois Robin & Marie Francoise Migneron
- Pierre Courteau & Marie Madeleine St Denis
- Jean Francois Langlois & Genevieve Rousseau
- Jacques Boulet & Marie Francoise Fournier
- Claude Lefebvre dit Boulanger & Marie Arcular
- Jean Fradet & Jeanne Helie le Breton
- Charles Allaire & Marie Bidet des Roussel
- Jean Brochu & Marie Francoise de Launay
- Sir Thomas de Goushill
- Sir William le English & Margaret le Brun
- Sir John de Harrington & Katherine Banastre
- Sir Thomas de Lathom & Joan Venables
- Lord William de Stanlegh & Alice de Mascy
- Sir William Pipard & Margery ?
- Lord Gerard de Lisle & Eleanor de Arundel
- Baron Thomas de Berkeley & Margaret de Mortimer
- Marie Madeleine Fontaine
- Nicolas LeRoy & Jeanne Lelievre
- Etienne Veau dit Sylvain & Marguerite Gagnon
- Nicolas Bouchard & Anne LeRoy
- Jean Cloutier & Louise Belanger
- Joseph David Lacroix & Marie Barthelemy Mailloux
- Michel Gautron dit La Rochelle & Marie Madeleine B...
- Pierre Trudel & Francoise LeFrancois
- Jacques Asselin & Marie Morisset
- Sir Philip Peyver
- Noel Lebrun dit Carrier & Anne Brochu
- Jean Pascal Mercier & Marie Madeleine Boucher
- Simon Bilodeau & Anne Turcot
- Jacques Gendron dit Lafontaine & Marie Anne Charla...
- Eustache Fortin dit Bellefontaine & Louise Cloutier
- Pierre Bernier & Marie Francoise Boulay
- Charles Langelier & Marie Francoise Destroismaison...
- Thomas Gerberge Esq. & Bretta Banyard
- Lord Simon de Hetherset & Cecily ?
- Lord Giles de Wachesham & Amice ?
- Hugh Berrye Esq. & Cecily Hengrave
- Walter de Paston & Cecily de Peche
- Sir Edmund de Dacre & Elizabeth ?
- Lord Henry de Atherton & Emma de Aintree
- Sir Robert de Nevill & Isabel de Byron
- Sir Thomas Clarell & Isabel Comyn
- John de Berden Esq. & Elizabeth Madet
- Sir Alexander de Mowbray
- Lord William Gascoigne & Agnes Franke
- Charles Fortin dit Bellefontaine & Marie Sainte Cl...
- Joseph Normand & Marie Choret
- Abraham Methot & Marie Madeleine Mezeray
- Jean Baptiste Bernier & Marie Genevieve Caron
- M: 1856
- Jean Gagnon & Marguerite Drouin
- Vincent Verdon & Genevieve Pelletier
- Jean Cote & Anne Martin
- Jacques Fortin & Catherine Miville
- ▼ July (240)