3588. Paul Vachon & 3589. Marguerite Langlois
1630, Paul born in La Copechagnière, Vendee, Poitou, France; s/o 7176. Vincent Vachon & 7177. Sapience Rabeau.
9/3/1639, Marguerite baptized in Beauport, Canada; d/o 7178. Noel Langlois & 7179. Francoise Grenier. Marguerite Aubert, wife of Martin Grouvel was her godmother.
1650, Paul left from the port of Marseille for New France.
10/22/1653 in Quebec, Paul married Marguerite. Paul’s origin given. Marguerite a resident of Quebec. All parents listed. Robert Giffard and Jean Jinchereau attended. The marriage was celebrated in the “logis” of M. de la Ferte.
1654, Paul, in company with Mathurin Roy, built the chapel and some sick wards of the Hotel-Dieu of Quebec, whose first stone was laid by the Governor-General Jean-de-Lauzon.
6/14/1655, Seigneur Giffard gave Paul a concession in the town of Fargy in the Seigneury of Beauport.
10/23/1655, Paul is a solicitor of the manors of Our Lady of the Angels.
1658, Paul is the Archivist of the manors of Our Lady of the Angels and Beauport.
7/1659, Paul a solicitor of Beauport, Notre-Dame-des-Anges, procurator fiscal of the lordship of Lirec and Ile d'Orleans.
8/12/1660, Paul bought 4 arpents of frontage in St Pierre, I.O. from Charles de Lauzon.
12/29/1664, Seigneur Giffard doubled Paul’s concession.
10/5/1665,  Michel Baugis and Toussaint Giroux, in the company of Paul Vachon, traveled to Quebec to purchase land from Charles de Lauzon.
1666, Michel Aubin, 22 years old, was Paul’s indentured servant.
1667 census of Beauport: Paul 37, Marguerite 28, children: Paul 11, Marguerite 9, Vincent 7, Louise 5, Marie Madeleine 3, Marie Charlotte 1; owned 7 head of cattle and 20 arpents of cleared land.
11/3/1667, Monseigneur de Laval named him “Procurer-Fiscal” and Notary in the Seigneuries of Beauport and Isle of Orleans.
9/14/1678, Paul sold his farm to Denis Roberge.
4/25/1681, Paul named notary and procurer of the Seigneurie of St Laurent.
1681 census of Beauport: Paul had 35 arpents in use, 13 cattle, 1 pistol, 2 guns and a 61 year old domestic named Pierre in his service. Paul 53, Marguerite 43, children: Vincent 22, Madeleine 17, Charlotte 15, Noel 13, Pierre 10, Anne 7, Marie 5, Madeleine 2.
1685, Paul the procurer-fiscal of the Seigneurie of I’le d’Orleans.
2/10/1687, Paul present at the wedding of Jean Parent, s/o 3598. Pierre Parent & 3599. Jeanne Badeau.
1693, Paul retired as notary.
9/24/1697, Marguerite died.
6/24/1703, Paul, Seigneur de Beauce, age 73, died in Beauport of the Spanish flu; buried the next day. Mathieu Texier of Beauport attended the burial.
• Copechagnière is near the western coast of France, half way between Nantes and La Rochelle. Paul Vachon is well known in the town. There are memorials to his memory.
• 1700-1701, a plague was brought to Quebec “by a savage”. It was a kind of measles, accompanied by facial marks, and in less than two months, more than 1500 were ill and between 300 and 400 died. [The disease hit in Louisiana the next year, probably taken by a Canadian – they traveled back and forth quite often on the MS river.]
• Paul appears in very many records as the notary.
Children of Paul and Marguerite:
i. Paul Vachon, baptized 11/9/1656 in Quebec, Canada.
12/21/1680, Paul became one of the 1st priests born on Canadian soil.
3/7/1729, Paul, age 73, died in Cap-de-la-Madeleine, Trois-Rivieres, buried in the sanctuary of the Church of the Cape.
ii. Marguerite Vachon, born 9/1/1658 in Quebec, Canada.
1/6/1675 in Beauport, Marguerite married Jean Robert Duprac, s/o Jacques.
6/24/1703, Marguerite, age 45, died in Beauport.
iii. Vincent Vachon (1794), born 2/15/1660 in Quebec, Canada.
iv. Louise Vachon, born 5/25/1662 in Beauport, Canada.
6/24/1678 in Beauport, Louise married Leonard Paille, s/o Andre.
7/11/1715, Louise, age 53, died in Hotel Dieu, Montreal.
v. Marie Madeleine Vachon, born 8/13/1664 in Beauport, Canada.
11/26/1681 in Beauport, Madeleine married Raphael Giroux, s/o Toussaint.
9/26/1715, Madeleine, age 51, died in Beauport.
vi. Marie Charlotte Vachon, born 9/12/1666 in Beauport, Canada.
vii. Noel Vachon, born 1/12/1668 in Beauport, Canada.
10/24/1695 in Beauport, Noel married Monique, d/o Toussaint Giroux & Marie Godard.
8/12/1699, Noel, age 31, died in Hotel Dieu, Quebec.
viii. Pierre Vachon, born 5/26/1671 in Beauport, Canada.
3/5/1696 in Quebec, Pierre married Marguerite Catherine, d/o Jean Soulard & Catherine Boutet.
1/17/1703, Pierre, age 32, died in Beauport of the Spanish flu.
ix. Anne Therese Vachon, born 7/12/1674 in Beauport, Canada.
11/8/1691 in Beauport, Anne married Jean Turgeon, s/o Charles.
2/19/1721, Anne, age 47, died in Hotel Dieu, Quebec.
x. Marie Francoise Vachon, born 1675 in Beauport, Canada.
2/4/1698 in Beauport, Marie married Francois Joseph Binet, s/o Rene.
2/4/1709 in Beauport, Marie married Jean Baptiste Lepine, s/o Jean.
5/12/1740, Marie, age 65, died in Beauport.
xi. Marie Madeleine Vachon, born 1/8/1679 in Beauport, Canada.
11/23/1699 in Beauport, Madeleine married Pierre Vincent Valle, s/o 1796. Pierre Vallee & 1797. Marie Therese LeBlanc.
2/18/1703, Madeleine, age 24, died in Beauport of smallpox.
xii. Guillaume Vachon, born 12/2/1682 in Beauport, Canada.
12/27/1702, Guillaume, age 20, died in Beauport of the Spainsh flu.
- ► 2020 (1361)
- ► 2012 (26)
- ► 2011 (488)
- Lord Henry Fitz Hugh & Elizabeth Grey
- Sir William Bowet & Joan de Ufford
- Baron Thomas Dacre & Philippe Neville
- Sir John Holand & Margaret ?
- Sir William de Fenys & Elizabeth Batisford
- Lord Thomas Bardolf & Avice de Cromwell
- Lord William Phelip & Julian Erpingham
- Vincent Gaulin & Marie Bonnemer
- Antoine Crete & Jeanne LeGrand
- Henri Pinguet & Louise Lousche
- Jean Emard & Marie Bineau
- Antoine Destroismaisons & Jeanne Larcherer
- Eustache Robin & Madeleine Avrard
- Jacques Guyon & Marie Huet
- Loup Mercier & Jeanne Gaillard
- M: 10004
- M: 9992
- M: 9824
- Mathurin Landry & Damiane Desavis
- Rene Boileau & Joachine Serrant
- Louis Gagne & Marie Launay
- Claude Poulin & Jeanne Mercier
- Jacques Blais & Louise Penigaud
- Pierre St-Denis & Vivienne Bunel
- Honore Rousseau & Marie Boillerot
- Gilles Fournier & Noelle Gagnon
- Pierre Bilodeau & Jeanne Fleury
- Fiacre Fiebvre & Jacquette DuSol
- Sebastien Allaire & Perrine Fleurisson
- Jean Creste & Marguerite Gaulin
- Pierre Delaunay & Francoise Pinguet
- Louis Brochu & Renee Micheau
- Jacques Asselin & Cecile Olivier
- Antoine Caffier & Marie Caron
- Francois Lebrant & Madeleine Dubois Leroy
- Pierre Zacharie Cloutier & Marie Madeleine Emard
- Adrien Destroismaisons & Antoinette Leroux
- Julien Fortin & Marie Lavie
- Gervais le Normand & Leonarde Joinault
- Pierre Gareman dit LePicard & Madeleine Charlot
- Lord William de Wylughby & Lucy le Strange
- Lord John de Beaumont & Katherine de Everyngham
- Sir Robert de Grey of Rotherfield & Joan Bellew
- Lord William Deyncourt & Alice de Nevill
- Sir Richard Sergeaux & Philippe de Arundel
- Claude Grenier & Marie Catherine Huot
- Robert Drouin & Marie Dubois
- Jean Cauchon & Marguerite Cointerel
- Francois Pelletier & Simone Pichereau
- Mery Paquet & Vincente Beaumont
- Pierre Paradis & Marie Barbe Guyon dit Dion
- Jean Achon & Helene Renaud Regourde
- Philibert Tremblay & Jeanne Coignet
- Robert Caron & Marie Crevet
- Jacques Lehoux & Marie Meilleur
- Abraham Martin & Marguerite Langlois
- Rene Racine & Marie Loiselle
- Jean Giguere & Madeleine Madeleine Journel
- Pierre Roussin & Jeanne Nyuelle
- Jean Guyon & Marie Mathurine Robin
- Francois Belanger & Francoise Horlays
- Claude Morin & Jeanne Moreau
- Denis Cloutier & Renee Briere
- Jean Blanchard & Radegonde Lambert
- Philippe Muis d’Entremont & Madeleine Elie
- Pierre Laverdure & Priscilla Melanson
- Guillaume Trahan & Francoise Charbonneau
- Jehan Gaudet & Marie Daussy
- Jean Theriault & Perrine Rau
- Andre Bernard & Marie Andree Guyon
- Jacques Badeau & Anne Ardouin
- Francois Baugis & Denise Mercier
- Charles Lavallee & Jehanne Elie
- Noel Langlois & Francoise Grenier
- Earl Aubrey de Vere & Countess Alice Fitz Walter
- Lord John Lovel & Eleanor la Zouche
- Sir John de Dinham & Muriel de Courtenay
- Vincent Vachon & Sapience Rabeau
- Paul de Rainville & Roline Poete
- Louis Delaunay & Margaret Cazalede
- Jacques Maillou & Jeanne Suzanne Arnaud
- M: 5002
- M: 4996 Wood-Carter
- M: 4994
- M: 4992
- M: 4922
- M: 4914
- M: 4912
- Lord William Carminow & Margaret Kelly
- Baron Thomas Carew & Elizabeth Bonville
- M: 4088
- Antoine Brassard & Francoise Mery
- Jean Isabelle & Marie Adam
- Antoine Baucher & Marguerite Guilbert
- Guillaume Landry & Gabrielle Barre
- Antoine Carbonneau & Marguerite Petit
- Simon Chamberlan & Marie Boileau
- Louis Gagne & Marie Michel
- Julien Mercier & Marie Poulin
- Jean Leclerc & Perrette Bunel
- ▼ August (214)